Juan Mata

Severinb

He is not carrying the team. Especially, not yesterday. If anyone was doing anything positive, it was Hazard, with his runs and holdup play.

Also, Oscar touch>Mata....

To be honest with Mata, he was groomed to be a striker, not a number 10, however, since coming to Chelsea, he was made into that position cause no one in Chelsea had any creative ability... Also, don't think I'm hating on Mata, I still think he's the best player this year for Chelsea...

Also, at his age, I don't think he's going to leave to go to either Barca or Real..... (Unless, you meant a different big league)

I'm sorry but Mata has been carrying this team nearly all season. Mata wasn't groomed to be a striker at all, where the hell do you get that from?

He is not carrying the team. Especially, not yesterday. If anyone was doing anything positive, it was Hazard, with his runs and holdup play.

Also, Oscar touch>Mata....

To be honest with Mata, he was groomed to be a striker, not a number 10, however, since coming to Chelsea, he was made into that position cause no one in Chelsea had any creative ability... Also, don't think I'm hating on Mata, I still think he's the best player this year for Chelsea...

Lmao, what team have you been watching? granted he wasn't great yesterday and has had some bad games, but he's been far and away our most influential player since the season started.

It's not that Mata's stamina's bad. It's just that he's been flogged to death. Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about that especially with the way we're playing ATM.

There is a fair bit that can be done. Mata started three games against Sparta, Brentford, and Sparta. An absolute waste of his energy. Everyone's energy is finite which is why so many of us keep emphasizing the importance of sitting players in the Europa League. Worst case scenario. We lose next round... I'm not going to blind myself and walk the land like Oedipus...It doesn't really matter. Worst case scenario in the league. We miss the CL, miss out on a lot of money, probably miss out on some players, and we miss out on the CL next year again. That is a big big deal.

Mata might be carrying Chelsea this season...but against City, he was close to non existent.

He just can't hold up the ball like an Ozil, Iniesta, Silva etc..

Also, considering our first team players are getting tired this season...why not give 2-3 youngsters (eg. Aké, Saville, Feruz) a chance in the Europa League?

I'm sorry but Mata has been carrying this team nearly all season. Mata wasn't groomed to be a striker at all, where the hell do you get that from?

Well, he was a winger/second striker at Valencia, and on Spain he a winger/striker. I'm also pretty sure he was a winger at Real Madrid Castilla

Mata might be carrying Chelsea this season...but against City, he was close to non existent.

Also, considering our first team players are getting tired this season...why not give 2-3 youngsters (eg. Aké, Saville, Feruz) a chance in the Europa League

Ozil and Silva are world class number 10s. I don't rate Mata as world class yet, but definitely BPL starting 11.

The thing that going to suck next year is with World Cup qualifiers, Mata going to be playing in more games and burning out a lot more than this year.

There is a fair bit that can be done. Mata started three games against Sparta, Brentford, and Sparta. An absolute waste of his energy. Everyone's energy is finite which is why so many of us keep emphasizing the importance of sitting players in the Europa League. Worst case scenario. We lose next round... I'm not going to blind myself and walk the land like Oedipus...It doesn't really matter. Worst case scenario in the league. We miss the CL, miss out on a lot of money, probably miss out on some players, and we miss out on the CL next year again. That is a big big deal.

Indeed. Benitez flogged Mata to death in those matches but yet seem to needlessly rest and rotate Hazard when he has looked to be our freshest attacker due to the rest gained from the ban. :doh:

Well, he was a winger/second striker at Valencia, and on Spain he a winger/striker. I'm also pretty sure he was a winger at Real Madrid Castilla

How is he being a winger related to your point about him being groomed as a striker in the 1st place? Also, a second striker is different from a striker. The former role sees one play in the hole behind the striker and that is his main and best role, which is the No.10. Striker is someone who plays up top and since when he has played as the striker for Spain?!

Ozil and Silva are world class number 10s. I don't rate Mata as world class yet, but definitely BPL starting 11.

The thing that going to suck next year is with World Cup qualifiers, Mata going to be playing in more games and burning out a lot more than this year.

I don't think World Cup qualifiers will affect Mata that much....because Spain have alot of quality depth in midfield.

Also, Mata will most likely get more rest at Chelsea, once De Bruyne returns from his loan spell at Werder Bremen.

Also, considering our first team players are getting tired this season...why not give 2-3 youngsters (eg. Aké, Saville, Feruz) a chance in the Europa League?

I cant really blame mata. Everyone except Benitez can see that mata has a low stamina, but he plays him in every game.

Mata has his own weaknesses which is loosing the ball when charged down or pressured by opposition. If he can develop his physique to silva's level then you will see just how good he is, bcos he can then hold the ball under pressure instead of just forcing a pass because he is scared to break his leg lol.

I don't think World Cup qualifiers will affect Mata that much....because Spain have alot of quality depth in midfield.

Also, Mata will most likely get more rest at Chelsea, once De Bruyne returns from his loan spell at Werder Bremen.

Worth remembering that there is the Confederation Cup this summer which Mata is likely to participate in. :doh: