Juan Mata

Severinb

Yeah but if he can't fit into Mourinho's system at all, then what can he do? Has worked hard and tried to adapt his game to what is wanted but never seem to be enough for Mourinho's liking.

Less than half a season before he left. If this was April and this was the case no argument could be made for leaving, but he got more than enough games for this point in time.

Less than half a season before he left. If this was April and this was the case no argument could be made for leaving, but he got more than enough games for this point in time.

Yeah but if it's obvious he's not going to fit in, then why not let him go and sell? He just wants to play, especially a player of his quality, and many were banging on about selling him already anyway given his incompatibility with the system.

Yeah but if it's obvious he's not going to fit in, then why not let him go and sell? He just wants to play, especially a player of his quality, and many were banging on about selling him already anyway given his incompatibility with the system.

Just wanting to play isnt a good enough mentality for this club IMO.

He should want to play at the highest level. Mourinho, IMO, was pushing him to become a better footballer. He's no old man. At 25 he shouldnt be past the age of learning, and adapting, his game. As our best player(a statement many people believe) he should have had more than half a season's worth of fight in him for our club.

There is no question in my mind that Mata has more than enough quality to work in a mourinho system. It comes down to the simple question of "Did he want it?" though

Just wanting to play isnt a good enough mentality for this club IMO.

He should want to play at the highest level. Mourinho, IMO, was pushing him to become a better footballer. He's no old man. At 25 he shouldnt be past the age of learning, and adapting, his game. As our best player(a statement many people believe) he should have had more than half a season's worth of fight in him for our club.

There is no question in my mind that Mata has more than enough quality to work in a mourinho system. It comes down to the simple question of "Did he want it?" though

Am inclined to agree and disagree with your point. Sitting on the fence with that one. :P

By wanting to play I meant, I'm not sure he was going to happy coming in and out of the team and think he wants to play in every game, be a starter basically. Regarding with the Mourinho system, do you think even if he improves himself will ever get that pace, aggressiveness, tenacity, stamina like Oscar, Willian to truly flourish? I do think he can improve in that aspect but I'm not sure if it will reach that level required here because he wasn't brought up and have the nature of a player like that.

Anyone who gets upset by the pictures in red that are about to appear over the internet and sprawled across every news paper and Sky channel very soon, just avert your attention to this one:

That night alone was worth this happening. Along with the 12 others that played in Munich for us that incredible night, you'll always be a blue and you'll always be one of our heros. (Even Bosingwa. Well, maybe)

Juan, its been an absolute pleasure to watch you.

This. Period. Always one of us.

Just at the end of last season he was on top of the world, having won the two European competitions, the FA Cup and Chelsea POTY award twice in his two full seasons here. Had someone told me we would lose him to United the following winter I'd have laughed in his face. And look at me now, sitting here, ready to start crying like a little girl :cry: