Chelsea 3-1 Norwich

James

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to confirm...is Josh injured or something?

Heard something like that on one of the news forum, and supposedly that's the reason why he never featured in the first two games....

He played in the reserves game today and scored the winning goal.

If we fail to beat Norwich at home, there's something seriously wrong. There's no way we wont win the game, even if we play some crap, out of form players, we'll win comfortably 3-0.

Hope AVB loosens it up a bit and starts Josh and Romeu even. Let's see if the kids can play faster and get the ball up to Torres. It's too early but it would be a dream to see Mata for a few minutes too. And Lukaku to replace Torres if there's a nice cushion. Surely for Norwich, AVB can throw caution to the wind?

http://www.skysports...3441807,00.html

We surely can't lose/draw.

Not that I expect it, but since MK Dons beat Norwich 4-0 tonight, you'd like to think we could match that.

Are we talking about the same Norwich side that were 50 sec away from defeating Stoke, the same team that held us to a draw? despite being reduced to 10 men. Considering our woeful performance so far and Norwich resilient and disciplined defence ,I wouldn't be so overconfident.

Are we talking about the same Norwich side that were 50 sec away from defeating Stoke, the same team that held us to a draw? despite being reduced to 10 men. Considering our woeful performance so far and Norwich resilient and disciplined defence ,I wouldn't be so overconfident.

That's why I said, "not that I expect it" because I genuinely don't.

Edit: But with the quality of players at our disposal, "you'd like to think we could match that".

That's why I said, "not that I expect it" because I genuinely don't.

Edit: But with the quality of players at our disposal, "you'd like to think we could match that".

Regardless of our perceived superiority over Norwich. we still have to find a way to overcome their rigid and disciplined defence. They will most certainly set out to pack the bus and frustrate us. The question now is, do you trust our players to unlock the Norwich defence and create sufficient goal scoring chances that will hopefully be converted into goal(s)?.. . . . I couldn't trust lampard, kalou, Malouda et al's ability to break down my local sunday league team's defence atm, nervermind Norwich.

That's it. For two games AVB has tried the same industrious but completely guile-free midfield for two games against teams that pack their own half. For the 3rd game, I would love to see him try another way to break down defenses.

:goodpost:

They've also a great goalkeeper...

drogba(that is what i always hope), mata, anelka; josh,mikel,ramires; cole, jt, iva, jose

If we get a cushion then sub lukaku for drogba and torres for anelka and just maybe romeu for mikel and change to 4-4-2 to support torres... but i dont think mata in any circumstances would get to play 90 minutes...

Sad to see AVB has brought nothing new to our style of play. 'GROUP ONE' and freedom to play etc that he keeps saying must show on the field. Pre season and first 2 games dont create optimism at all. Our playing style needs to change, not freedom to players etc that he keeps talking about. First post. Frustrated post. Still hoping for a 5-0 and optimism to return this week.

Sad to see AVB has brought nothing new to our style of play. 'GROUP ONE' and freedom to play etc that he keeps saying must show on the field. Pre season and first 2 games dont create optimism at all. Our playing style needs to change, not freedom to players etc that he keeps talking about. First post. Frustrated post. Still hoping for a 5-0 and optimism to return this week.

Welcome to the forum, stick around.