Chelsea 3-1 Norwich

James

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many games did it take Fergie to start having 100% confidence and faith in the youth. . . .right from the opening game of the season. Josh should have started ahead of lampard for the WBA game factoring Frank's dramatic drop in form. Fergie could have easily chickened out tonight and opt for their experienced and league's joint highest goal scorer last season (berbatov) instead of wellbeck against a superior opponent to WBA (spurs) but no He didn't and the faith he showed in the youngster(s) paid off.

he didn`t do that during the first two games of his career at the club tho.. i don`t recall Fergie bringing off an established player before half time of his home debut. AVB is still learning about what he has at his disposal...where as although Wellbeck,Cleverly etc may be relatively new players to outsiders looking in..Fergie has been able to see these kids grow through the ranks for many years,the gamble he is supposedly making isn`t as bold and brave as is being made out.

give AVB time is all Tomo asked.

The youngsters that Ferguson plays, perform due to combination of historical past glories and sheer fear from the old red nosed bully. Two attributes that are not so prominent at SW6

With regard to Mr Mata, I am expecting an appearance in the second half...

Hi lads, I'm new to the forum. Been supporting Chelsea all my life and I have to say that I'm disappointed with our start to the season so far. It's been way too flat and we've been playing too narrow. We have to get someone from centre midfield closer to Torres up the field and we need our wingers to stay wide and to stretch the play. I think we have to line up something like this:

Hilario

Bosingwa - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - McEachran

Benayoun - Torres - Mata

Subs: Turnbull; Alex; Ferreira; Romeu; Lampard; Malouda; Drogba

wow in one post you get 6 reputation points. I've been here for weeks and battling to get 3 points. great post. But I think Anelka should start over Benayoun cause he has a better eye for goal. I would also start with Malouda simple because I wanna ease Mata into the side. but it would be important to get him some minutes against a new PL team at home. I would love to see Romeo and Lukaku play but I just don't see room in our line up