Chelsea 3-1 Norwich

James

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be darned if Torres does not score :unsure:

I'll be shocked if he will be able to play a whole 90 minutes of a game :rolleyes:

Suriously, he was the best player in the first half against West Brom, and the best at Stoke - yet - AVB decides to put Drogba on who does nothing!

Edited by ZanSnake

I'll be shocked if he will be able to play a whole 90 minutes of a game :rolleyes:

Suiously, he was the best player in the first half against West Brom, and the best at Stoke - yet - AVB decides to put Drogba on who does nothing!

This. Makes no freaking sense to me.

Unfortunately, he's the best player...in isolation. The rest of the team can't or won't play with him. And AVB can't or won't put in Josh or Yossi to see if that can help Torres link up better with his teammates. If it's the same lineup next week, I expect to see the same thing I did today. Only the degree of it will be different. Hopefully Norwich will show mercy on Chelsea and allow the boys to connect a few meaningful passes to each other.

I can't wait to see if Mata and Modric will shake up the team and force them kicking and screaming into playing quicker and brighter. Today's first half just depressed me because I juander if Mata and Modric can truly make a difference. The current team just seems resistant to change. I was listening to the soccernet podcast and one of the show presenters said that AVB was surprised by how SLOWLY the team was in getting his ideas. That was alarming to hear but I think it's clearly evident by what we've seen on the pitch.

Unfortunately, he's the best player...in isolation. The rest of the team can't or won't play with him. And AVB can't or won't put in Josh or Yossi to see if that can help Torres link up better with his teammates. If it's the same lineup next week, I expect to see the same thing I did today. Only the degree of it will be different. Hopefully Norwich will show mercy on Chelsea and allow the boys to connect a few meaningful passes to each other.

I can't wait to see if Mata and Modric will shake up the team and force them kicking and screaming into playing quicker and brighter. Today's first half just depressed me because I juander if Mata and Modric can truly make a difference. The current team just seems resistant to change. I was listening to the soccernet podcast and one of the show presenters said that AVB was surprised by how SLOWLY the team was in getting his ideas. That was alarming to hear but I think it's clearly evident by what we've seen on the pitch.

The team CAN play with him, it is just that the right choices, players and/or system in never implemented when he is on the pitch. When AVB decided to drop Ramires into a more holding-role and allowed Lampard more space, Torres was off the pitch or the style was just in the brink stages. But, like i said, if Ramires came off also or Lampard was off at half-time for someone creative l;ike Yossi or Josh, maybe we could have seen a Nando goal, or more.

I find it somewhat agonising to see that Josh is going to be forced on the bench because of the likes of Lampard, even against teams like Swansea, Norwich, etc. where he has shown, he is capable of performing with the team. The only way he can succeed now is to have experience with the playing in the first eleven and going off by the performances he makes. I hope he does start against Norwich, along with Torres and Mata, if he does sign otherwise Kakuta.

Someone except Kalou, even if we had to have a lopsided attack - Anelka is way better then Kalou!

Surely against a team like Norwich at home we can actually play Torres and Drogba together and even play Kalou to try n get him a bit of confidence. Atm this is just the same average Chelsea team as last season

We should batter this lot whoever we use.