Chelsea 3-1 Norwich

James

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please let that first 45 minutes of the WBA match be a sign that we can't start that lineup!

Lampard is finished in the role that hes still playing, he does not have the legs to be the attacking minded midfielder that is expected to cover up ground to get into the 18 yard box on 9/10 attacks!

i am one of those you usually criticise Mikel endlessly, however as much as he has his clumsy flaws, hes showing improvement and will give stability if we have creation infront of him and confidence behind him, i would like to see Joshy mentioned more though and if he is tipped as a holding midfielder, id rather him than mikel, although mikels stats shows lots of passes, i believe we would benefit from the accuracy and creativity of josh's ability to pick out a pass and turn quickly..could receive the ball from the defence, turn and ping it into the path of the attacking minded midfielders and strikers, which will change the game completely

This quick comment has slowly bit up more and more so ill keep the end brief...

- USE BENAYOUN (hes our creative midfielder!)

- DO NOT TAKE TORRES OFF (if he is playing as well as he currently is)

- DROGBA IS NOT GOD, STOP GETTING SO EXCITED THAT HE WILL COME ON AND SAVE US WITH LOADS OF GOALS (i believed it too but he showed little interest in the game and looked off the pace this weekend)

-NAME LUKAKU ON THE BENCH OVER KALOU! (he's a complete blue, loves the club! get that man his bridge debut and watch him celebrate infront of the shed)

-Malouda and Anelka....Yes they scored, but dont think they are the answer to our wing problems please! they both made more impact than we expected on saturday but there still not creative players or out and out wingers, way too many mistakes made by them that wouldn't be as easily laughed off if we faced a top 5 team!

End of Rant, we should have won the stoke game if penalty shouts went our way. We grinded out a victory (hate to say it but, Man United style) against the baggies, now lets go and play with some class against Norwich!

get the new boys involved! Lukaku,Romeu....Mata and Luka...

so many good points in your post

We need to be able to pass in this game!! We play in blue..the others different colours yet for some reason we pass to them!!!

Need more of the 2nd half performance none of the lazy around shite and everyone playing rather then the odd 3..and Hilaro hopfully be in form again :D

Hi lads, I'm new to the forum. Been supporting Chelsea all my life and I have to say that I'm disappointed with our start to the season so far. It's been way too flat and we've been playing too narrow. We have to get someone from centre midfield closer to Torres up the field and we need our wingers to stay wide and to stretch the play. I think we have to line up something like this:

Hilario

Bosingwa - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - McEachran

Benayoun - Torres - Mata

Subs: Turnbull; Alex; Ferreira; Romeu; Lampard; Malouda; Drogba

I'd start Bosingwa again at right back mainly because we're playing Norwich and we shouldn't be threatened too much at the back, so his offensive ability could be key to us getting goals this coming week. I'd play Ivanovic over Alex because he's quicker, is better on the ball and like he showed with his pass to Drogba against WBA, he adds some drive and urgency to our defence and that makes him a nice partner to JT.

I'd carry on playing Mikel because whilst I dislike him, I'm not entirely sure what Romeu is capable of, having not seen him play, and Mikel hasn't played too badly at all these past two games. He needs to start upping the tempo when he gets on the ball though, because his tendency to slow down the tempo of the game is taking an edge off our attack. Lampard's too negative with his passing and whilst he is a Chelsea legend, I think enough is enough. He doesn't fit very well into our system when we play with Torres and I think that McEachran will add some much need urgency and creativity to the midfield so I'd start with him, and I also think that Ramires deserves a place in the starting XI for his sheer athleticism and drive. The kid can run all day and for someone so small, he is very strong on the ball. He's also pretty good in both defence and attack so I see no reason why he should be dropped.

Benayoun's in my starting XI mainly because he adds some much needed creativity to the team and he's also played with Torres before at Liverpool. Yossi's a very good EPL player and whilst he may not be a natural winger, he must be able to play RW a lot better than Kalou, who has been frankly piss poor the past two games. Mata should start LW if he signs before the Norwich game mainly because we're crying out for a winger who can take people on and put in a good cross and create chances for Torres. With both Mata and Yossi on the wings we should have more than enough creativity and skill to create Torres at least 3 chances a game. Torres starting is a no-brainer. Yes, he hasn't scored yet and I know that Drogba has been our hero these past few seasons but Torres is our future for another 5 years or so, so let's start him every game and start to build our team around him! He's started the season well and when he eventually gets that first goal of the season I can see that being a massive boost to everyone at the club, not just to Torres.

It was a tough decision to decide between Malouda, Anelka, Lukaku and Drogba for the bench but I think that Malouda's a goal threat and on the off chance that we haven't scored by the 65th minute or so then it could be that Malouda's needed on the pitch. Drogba also adds something different to our attack and IF he's to come on against Norwich, I'd like to see him playing up front with Torres in a 4-4-2. Torres should get a full 90 against Norwich this week.

hope that lampard and kalou will be out of the starting 11

so hope the team will be so :

.......................................................hilario..............................................................

bossingwa................ivanovic............................Terry...................................Cole

...................................................Mikel....................................................................

..................................ramires.....................josh........................................................

.......Anelka.........................................................................................Mata

....................................................Torres.................................................

. . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . Hilario

Bosingwa. . . .. .. . . Ivanovic. . . . . . Terry. . . . . . . Betrand

. . . .. . . . .. . . . . . .. . . . . . . .Romeu

. . . . . . . . ..Benayoun. . . . . . . .. . . . . . .Josh

. . . .. . . . . . Anelka . . .. . . Torres. . . . . . . . .Mata

In light of Mikel's situation, I think this is the perfect time to give John Obi a break and give Oriol his debut.

I disagree. The guy apparently doesn't speak english, he is there not for a long time, he has never played in england... All those things make me believe he shouldn't start. Plus, we don't know yet if he is a first team material and ready to be thrown in the "arena". I think he should get a cameo in the second period.

Though, I did not have seen him in training, so perhaps he is ready...

You know that won't happen mate :lol:

Mata starting on the left is the only change I expect from AvB. We might see debuts for Romeu and Lukaku later on if things are going well and we're up by a few.

Until a signing comes in, AVB doesn't look like he'll budge from the midfield of Ramires, Mikel and Lampard. Not only have they started both games but they've played 90 minutes each time. Even with the dire lack of connection with Torres, he hasn't made changes to the midfield. So why would he do it for Norwich.

Nothing against the 3 players individually, fine players all. But as a midfield, it's not fun to watch.

What did Cole do?