Chelsea 3-1 Norwich

James

I'm hoping for a very attacking line-up. I don't think Mata alone will suddenly make us a free-flowing and incisive side. I'd go for a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 as they'll most likely park a bus in front of goal.

Hilario

Bosingwa Ivan Terry Cole

*Mata Mikel McEachran Malouda

Anelka Torres

*Mata in a free role from the right, comparable to Silva's role on Sunday

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping for a very attacking line-up. I don't think Mata alone will suddenly make us a free-flowing and incisive side. I'd go for a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 as they'll most likely park a bus in front of goal.

Hilario

Bosingwa Ivan Terry Cole

*Mata Mikel McEachran Malouda

Anelka Torres

*Mata in a free role from the right, comparable to Silva's role on Sunday

You left out our most influential forward, kalou :Goober: . . .abomination :no:

I'd like to see something like this at some point in the game: (not holding out though)

Hilario

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Romeu/Ramires

Mceachran

Kakuta ---------------- Mata

Lukaku - Torres

Afterall it is Norwich and besides, I'd still choose a lot of these players more regularly anyway.

0nDB.png

Compare the number of passes Drogba receives inside the box in his 30 mins, and the number Torres receives in his 60. 3 against 0. Zero service to the man. Hopefully Mata will change that soon enough.

Its how the team plays unfortunately.

What Torres needs is the final ball to set him through on goal. He isn't expected to cross or set up goals.

Whereas with Drogba, the general play can go through him as he can set up attacks as well. Hence he receives a larger share of passes (and responsibility in the final third)

I think he brought Drogba on because there were a lot of crosses going in and no one to recieve them. Also, by subbing Torres, you remove a bit of the media pressure that inevitably builds up if he doesn't score

Re: Torres/Drogba passing, let's not forget they are completely different strikers. Drogba prefers direct balls into feet and chest, whereas Torres prefers through-balls into the channels, that require greater passing accuracy and are difficult to pull off. Though I do believe the service into him is shameful, it would seem the most creativity we have in the team comes from Bosingwa.

Yeah most of the balls Drogba received were just speculative crosses, Torres has to come out and receive the ball because no-one had the quality to put him through behind the defence.

Hope to see Mata for at least 30 mins on Saturday. Maybe a bit of Lukaku too if we are winning comfortably.

Think AVB may bring in Ivanovic for Alex at centre half and Anelka for Kalou with Malouda on the left. Hope he stays with Torres up front as he looks more threatening than Drogba.......

Would like to see us play 4-5-1 with Yossi on the left with Mata in a free role behind Torres like Liverpool used to do with Gerrard. Ramires could play right with Lampard and Mikel in the middle, but obviously that won't happen...........

This would be a good formation

4-3-3

Torres

F. Malouda Anelka/Lukaku

Juan Mata

Lampard/McEachran Ramires/Mikel

A.Cole - John Terry - Alex - Ivanovic

Hilario

I don't like to see how Bosingwa always coming forward and cross the ball in the 16. It's not the same system as Barcelona how Dani Alves always comes forward and Messi goes to the centrum of the attack. Every time when Bosingwa is comming forward I feel like Anelka is being a midfielder.

And I think Ivanovic could better defence physically then Bosingwa and doesn't always attack like Bosingwa does.

I think Mata would play good as a attack-midfielder he also said he can play on that position. I think this will have a good affect to Fernando Torres. Because Torres is dangerous when he gets the ball instead of creating his own chances.

Malouda did impress me in the game against WBA and I think he is needed when he playing good. It's all about the tactics anyway.

then the we gonna have a CM and Lamps and the other more in a defensive roll. I would love to see Essien instead of these rwo but to sad he can't play. And I like also the see David luiz instead of Alex. However I think that it'll be better to send Ivanovic as right back and then Alex as central defender (look the explanation about Bosingwa & Branislav).

BTW sorry for my bad English but Im 16 and I am from the Netherlands so I am learning the language :)

0nDB.png

Compare the number of passes Drogba receives inside the box in his 30 mins, and the number Torres receives in his 60. 3 against 0. Zero service to the man. Hopefully Mata will change that soon enough.

:goodpost:

The fucking pro north anti Chelsea media are just starting to get on my fucking nerves big time.

Torres goes from their darling to their national joke just because of where he went, crucify him for his goal-less run but when Rooney went 8 months without scoring one single fucking goal from open play they kept making every excuse in the book for him, when England fail its Lampard and Terry's fault, conviently forgetting Gerrard, Ferdinand and Rooney's beyond shite performances for the same nation. I would be happy not to see a Chelsea palyer in England shirt again infact if Josh McEachran chooses Scotland my respect for him will grow about 20 times higher than it already is.

Bit random but lets not even bother with the media as when the shit hits the fan they are bunch of pro north wankers.

The fucking pro north anti Chelsea media are just starting to get on my fucking nerves big time.

Torres goes from their darling to their national joke just because of where he went, crucify him for his goal-less run but when Rooney went 8 months without scoring one single fucking goal from open play they kept making every excuse in the book for him, when England fail its Lampard and Terry's fault, conviently forgetting Gerrard, Ferdinand and Rooney's beyond shite performances for the same nation. I would be happy not to see a Chelsea palyer in England shirt again infact if Josh McEachran chooses Scotland my respect for him will grow about 20 times higher than it already is.

Bit random but lets not even bother with the media as when the shit hits the fan they are bunch of pro north wankers.

Rooney was voted #6 for the UEFA European Player of the 2010-11 season. I kid you not.