Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Torres seems quite happy to sit on the bench, play on the wing (put in a great shift yesterday) and play back-up to Costa. For all his faults, Mourinho seems to respect his willingness to work hard.

Lukaku just isn't a Mourinho player.

Chelsea is a competitive environment. Ashley Cole was left out because he wasn't good enough and Ashley Cole is twenty times the player Lukaku is. Costa is another guy who seems to have that fight Mourinho likes.

We had the greatest night of our existence not because we had the more talented players, but because we had that fight, that steel that Mourinho instilled in the club. That's what we'll build our future success on.

Lukaku will never have that in him.

How important is that money to a guy worth about £40-50 million?

I'm never going to be his biggest fan but he's got a better attitude than Torres apparently.

I can't disagree with your post. You took the words out of my mouth in terms of Lukaku lacking that bit of steel certain players have.

I also agree with your point on Ashley Cole, he was one of the best professionals out there....it's unfortunate that both Cole and Lampsy left the club in the same window :cry:

why do people feel the need to troll when things don't go their way? grow up

If you'd actually read my posts, you'd know by now that I'm not a fan of Lukaku's style of play and I'm actually happy for him to leave the club. Better for everyone. Only thing I can't stand is the constant Lukaku bashing over here. Again, a 21-year-old who's already got 32 EPL goals on his tally deserves more credit and respect than what he gets here sometimes. Even if stats don't tell you everything and even if he's not a refined player.

And I don't think I'm wrong in stating that Mourinho has mostly brought in veterans (Eto'o / Drogba) to reinforce our attack. That said, I hope Costa will do very well here, eventhough I don't regard him as the most refined player either. For me he's an improved version of Hulk. But if you're slashing Lukaku for not being refined, I'm afraid you may get disappointed about Diego Costa too. Hope you will able to judge that objectively as well if he - just like Lukaku - obtains great scoring stats.

It pains me to see him leave but I guess he's right A football career is short And he has to make the right choice to grow as a player and everton is the right place to do that under martinez. As much as love Mourinho a lot of times I think he's unfair and lukaku is the latest example After his impressive wba loan he's was supposed to get his chance and he didn't. The same thing happened to kalas the diffrence is that lukaku was more outspoken And I remember from last year pre-season that mourinho promised nathaniel chalobah a spot in the first team yeah right.

Let's hope youth still wants to come here, are not using a lot of them lately..

^ I always remember what Gary Lineker said in regards to this...

Every young player thinks they are the exception to the rule, they needed that self believe to make it in the first place.

wow, 30 pages in 8 hours. I am not that patient to read the whole thing so excuse me if what i say has already been said 20 times.

Good deal for 28 million. Actually good is an understatement. Its a fantastic deal. 28 million in exchange for that diva needs to be loudly applauded for our board and Jose.

Good riddance and good luck.

What people are also forgetting is that if we had had just brought him back and told him to fight it out, his negative aura and lack of drive could of hugely disrupted this team and it's balance. Jose wants fight and drive at the fore front of every players mind, if your not ready to commit to that then simply fuck off.

Diego Costa was sent out on loan so many times..Had to compete with the likes of Aguero & Falcao,kept his head down,got his chance & took it

And here we have Romelu Lukaku who said he wants to be a Chelsea legend one day. But he clearly not had enough balls to compete and earn the place and demands to be our 1st choice. LMAO.

And to think last year he had Eto'o, Torres and Ba for competition. If it was Aguero & Falcao, Lukaku would have retired from football.

If you'd actually read my posts, you'd know by now that I'm not a fan of Lukaku's style of play and I'm actually happy for him to leave the club. Better for everyone. Only thing I can't stand is the constant Lukaku bashing over here. Again, a 21-year-old who's already got 32 EPL goals on his tally deserves more credit and respect than what he gets here sometimes. Even if stats don't tell you everything and even if he's not a refined player.

Did he score any of those 32 goals for us? No. Sturridge was blasted by many on here even though he did a lot more than Lukaku for the club... Why should Romelu get special treatment when he's done nothing at all for this club? Why does he need our sympathy?

Love or hate him. You can't deny that is a stat for him and even others to be proud of. Some of the players listed below scored their goals in much inferior leagues as well.

BtzUUmxIUAABw3v.jpg

Never mind that half of those we're scored in Belgium...

Love or hate him. You can't deny that is a stat for him and even others to be proud of. Some of the players listed below scored their goals in much inferior leagues as well.

BtzUUmxIUAABw3v.jpg

Wow....look at all those players he's going to be better than.

Never mind that half of those we're scored in Belgium...

Yeah but to be the top scorer in the Belgian league at 16, even how inferior the league is, that is a very good achievement. I wouldnt have made much fuss of it if he done it at 18/19 but he done that at the age of 16. I reckon that is an excellent achievement. The rest bar Rooney, Balotelli and maybe Etoo scored their goals in leagues not as good as the PL.