Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Oh, my God. I am so sick of all these people getting defensive when it comes to players coming from their country. If Courtois and Hazard leave us too, a lot of Belgians will leave this forum. Don't call me a racist, but it's so obvious that people are defending Lukaku for the same reasons that they defended De Bruyne. He did NOTHING for the club. He didn't try, he didn't fight, he left like a coward. If he was that good, it would've been Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, Bayern or even Liverpool buying him. Not Everton.

Oh, my God. I am so sick of all these people getting defensive when it comes to players coming from their country. If Courtois and Hazard leave us too, a lot of Belgians will leave this forum. Don't call me a racist, but it's so obvious that people are defending Lukaku for the same reasons that they defended De Bruyne. He did NOTHING for the club. He didn't try, he didn't fight, he left like a coward. If he was that good, it would've been Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, Bayern or even Liverpool buying him. Not Everton.

Yeah pretty much that, is mostly the Belgium guys defending him.

So I pay them no mind, their opinion is too biased.

Lukaku is a douche bag, and I could care less how he's career pan out now.

ohk.

17th july : jose says "we are done with the transfer window... blah blah blah"

2 weeks down the road, we have bought DD, sold lukaku, ba, pva and loaned out ryan. to be followed with some massive transfers like cech/torres leaving and mikel leaving and probably even a big signing.

u cant damn lukaku for saying one thing and doing another while defending jose for the same thing.

Dude, you were wrong. Deal with it. :D

Yeah pretty much that, is mostly the Belgium guys defending him. So I pay them no mind, their opinion is too biased.

Not really. That is just YOUR biased opinion. See me, Mediator, Weckerz, Hamilton, Tiwaz, .... going on about him?

Youd better stop with your 'belgium guys' whining really. Its boring.

Not really. That is just YOUR biased opinion. See me, Mediator, Weckerz, Hamilton, Tiwaz, .... going on about him?

Youd better stop with your 'belgium guys' whining really. Its boring.

He didn't say that the Belgians are defending him. He said that most of those defending him are Belgians. There's a difference.

Aren't you a bit naive to completely believe Mourinho's statements?

Mourinho is under pressure to justify the transfer of a homegrown player that has clearly shown potential to get a shot at Chelsea. Mourinho clearly had doubts about Lukaku's abilities.

However, if he stated that clearly in public and Lukaku proved him wrong in the near future. This would come back to bite him and would be a stick for the press to beat him with.

By stating that Lukaku demanded a starting spot and that he can't promise that he gave Chelsea fans a reason for the transfer and covers himself for the future. It's a tactic you see times and times again with managers.

The more plausible truth isn't that Lukaku demanded the nr1 spot as stated by Mourinho, but a significant role in the coming season and plenty of minutes and Mourinho answering he would have to compete with Drogba and Torres for that as Costa would be his main striker. A doubtful future for Lukaku who would have remembered his first season here in the stands while reminding himself of the great season he had at Everton.

Serious question, are you retarded? Why would you come up with such a sophisticated conspiracy theory about Mourinho wanting to get rid of Lukaku, when EVERYTHING about Lukaku's behavior (e.g. his provocative goal celebrations at Everton) and comments to the press, show that Mourinho is telling the truth about his arrogant attitude?

In fact, very FEW people in this forum were surprised to hear his explanation about Lukaku's sale. Most of us had already figured it out beforehand. Just read through the old pages of this thread and you'll see.

He didn't say that the Belgians are defending him. He said that most of those defending him are Belgians. There's a difference.

Also not true. Dont try to spin it mate. Or Stats, Didierforever , .... and others have changed nationality.

Its actually ONE belgian. Talk about 'mostly' lol.

Serious question, are you retarded? Why would you come up with such a sophisticated conspiracy theory about Mourinho wanting to get rid of Lukaku, when EVERYTHING about Lukaku's behavior (e.g. his provocative goal celebrations at Everton) and comments to the press, show that Mourinho is telling the truth about his arrogant attitude?

In fact, very FEW people in this forum were surprised to hear his explanation about Lukaku's sale. Most of us had already figured it out beforehand. Just read through the old pages of this thread and you'll see.

Let's not forget his douche bag attitude towards his Belgium manager after he sub him.

Despicable attitude!

Also not true. Dont try to spin it mate. Or Stats, Didierforever and others have changed nationality.

You might be right, I didn't keep an evidence regarding the nationality of people, but I saw a lot of contrary discussions in which Belgian members of the forum were defending him.

To conclude about Lukaku, I think that we were right to sell him. No matter how well he does afterwards, no matter if he gets to win the World Cup, UCL and EPL, we were right. At this time, it was the right call. That's what I've been thinking for weeks, already.