Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I've watched him a few times and just don't see this world beater ppl make him out to be here. I'm obviously wrong though... next season when Lukaku scores 20+ goals for us, then I will come back here and say I was wrong... He won't though.

You've watched him a few times, good for you. Most of us watch him every week, some, like me, have been following him since he was 16yo.

Noone is saying he'd score 20+ goals for Chelsea next season. That would be quite an achievement seeing strikers hit their prime around 27 yo.

You're entitled to your opinion but don't come on here critisising a player you've 'watched a few times'.

You've watched him a few times, good for you. Most of us watch him every week, some, like me, have been following him since he was 16yo.

Noone is saying he'd score 20+ goals for Chelsea next season. That would be quite an achievement seeing strikers hit their prime around 27 yo.

You're entitled to your opinion but don't come on here critisising a player you've 'watched a few times'.

fantastic give yourself a medal for that. :rolleyes: I'll watch him when he is good enough to play with the big boys, not before.

ALL I fucking wrote in the original post was that he wasn't ready... being youngster and all. And now you've come full cycle stating what I wrote in the first place. You know he is rotation for WBA! Sitting on the bench for Shane Long. Long who would never make the bench for us.

forums... :rolleyes:

BTW, if you need that much watching to assess ***the current ability of a player*** I'm sorry for you ... for example much can be told by just how a player runs.

fantastic give yourself a medal for that. :rolleyes: I'll watch him when he is good enough to play with the big boys, not before.

He's good enough right now. You don't score 13 league goals in your first season of regular play without being ready.

ALL I fucking wrote in the original post was that he wasn't ready... being youngster and all. And now you've come full cycle stating what I wrote in the first place. You know he is rotation for WBA! Sitting on the bench for Shane Long. Long who would never make the bench for us.

BTW, if you need that much watching to assess ***the current ability of a player*** I'm sorry for you ... for example much can be told by just how a player runs.

Yea he gets rotated, which makes his 13 goals even more impressive.. dno what point you're trying to prove there.

How the fuck can you tell if a player is ready if you don't even fucking know how he plays every week

Wipe that sand out of your vagina and think before you post.

You basically have written off his chances for next season. There is a reason he is rotation. SC does that tactic for the big games as Lukaku can have a bigger impact of the becnh like we have seen against Liverpool home and away. Think before you post. Lukaku is a very important player for WBA but against the big teams SC has an alternative view of how to use him.

He is still a teenager and to do the things he has done this season is magnificent, so imagine him playing in a better team. He will develop better and hopefully score more goals.

He's good enough right now. You don't score 13 league goals in your first season of regular play without being ready.

OK, so you are all saying he is ready right now?!

And that rotating at WBA means he can rotate for Chelsea... wow!

BTW, I've watched countless players come and go... you do need to watch them a lot to assess their development, but NOT current ability!

I guess we will see next season.

CFC_LUCAS: I did no such thing. Just not agreeing with the idea he can have an immediate impact next season for Chelsea.

I can't blame Lukaku for wanting to hone his craft on loan next season. He wants to be a first choice selection next season at striker for club and country so I can't fault him. The revolving door of managers works against young players on loan because they have no idea where they fit in when the club doesn't even have a long term manager with a philosophy to tailor players to. Lukaku should go to Bayer Leverkusen instead of KDB who actually wants to return.

OK, so you are all saying he is ready right now?!

And that rotating at WBA means he can rotate for Chelsea... wow!

BTW, I've watched countless players come and go... you do need to watch them a lot to assess their development, but NOT current ability!

I guess we will see next season.

CFC_LUCAS: I did no such thing. Just not agreeing with the idea he can have an immediate impact next season for Chelsea.

We will never know if he's "ready" until he plays a few games for Chelsea...

I mean until he gets a run of games in the Chelsea first team, no one will be able to say if he makes an immediate impact or struggles with Chelsea's tactical system.

He's done well at West Bromwich in his first full season of EPL football.

I can't blame Lukaku for wanting to hone his craft on loan next season. He wants to be a first choice selection next season at striker for club and country so I can't fault him. The revolving door of managers works against young players on loan because they have no idea where they fit in when the club doesn't even have a long term manager with a philosophy to tailor players to. Lukaku should go to Bayer Leverkusen instead of KDB who actually wants to return.

It isn't that easy, if Lukaku stays in England next season he'll become a homegrown player.

That would be a nice move, they will be in europa league next season, but how much striker(s) do they have?

Swansea mainly have Luke Moore and Itay Shechter as their two 2 STs though they are not hugely favored by Laudrup. That is why Michu plays upfront most of the time for them.

That wouldn't be bad for him to go on loan, for Chelsea too. The main opportunities will be this summer : many of the worldclass strikers of tomorrow are said to leave (Cavani, Falcao, Lewandowski, Suarez, Neymar...)

I personally think that Lewandowski would fit right in the type of play i would go for in the coach's shoes. I'd like to seem him linking with Mata and Hazard.
Also, he's young (24), Champion's League proven, and cheaper than the four others as his contract is expiring.

And i can't see why he would go to Bayern (win 5 - 0 all the time and betray your dortmund fans, yay...) or Man U. You'd rather compete with RVP or Ba for the first spot ?

That wouldn't be bad for him to go on loan, for Chelsea too. The main opportunities will be this summer : many of the worldclass strikers of tomorrow are said to leave (Cavani, Falcao, Lewandowski, Suarez, Neymar...)

I personally think that Lewandowski would fit right in the type of play i would go for in the coach's shoes. I'd like to seem him linking with Mata and Hazard.

Also, he's young (24), Champion's League proven, and cheaper than the four others as his contract is expiring.

And i can't see why he would go to Bayern (win 5 - 0 all the time and betray your dortmund fans, yay...) or Man U. You'd rather compete with RVP or Ba for the first spot ?

Lewy is the most realistic buy simply due to his price. I would be happy with his purchase, but that means Lukaku must go out on loan for another year. It's up the our new manager - if he wants a new striker at a realistic price, Lewandowski is definitely top of the list. We'll obviously need to ship out Torres as well though for any sort of move to happen.

We'll obviously need to ship out Torres as well though for any sort of move to happen.

That's also a good selling argument if we want to compete against other top clubs, knowing they can't possibly do worse than their predecessor. No pressure, man...