Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Arguably, Chelsea fans should be optimistic about the club.

Going forward, we will regain the monstrous Lukaku, I hope for next season.

Lukaku´s arrival could add much fluidity, could create a dangerously potent attacking force next season.

Personally, two players for the midfield should be bought & let´s boogie next season.

Still can't believe how King of offside benteke gets picked over Lukaku, its not because i'm biased but Lukaku's all round game is better.

Well tbh I agree however Benteke is another quality striker, who is also young and improving. Has pretty much done everything for Villa, they really need him. There team is poor apart from Benteke who has really carried the team by himself. That would be a hard one to call. Benteke has a brilliant all round game too and is shooting is very good as well. Will be an interesting battle over the years to see who is the preferred striker.

Lukaku is a rough player. We dont need that kind of thing. The worst signing since Veron.

LOL, can you believe this. So funny going back on retrospective things. Some of us last season, at the age of 18, YES 18, were writing him off as a flop. LOL, so funny how things change when he gets a chance to prove himself. BTW, looking back on these posts, Henrique was not the only guy who wrote him off, there was several. This comment just stood out the most :lol:

LOL, can you believe this. So funny going back on retrospective things. Some of us last season, at the age of 18, YES 18, were writing him off as a flop. LOL, so funny how things change when he gets a chance to prove himself. BTW, looking back on these posts, Henrique was not the only guy who wrote him off, there was several. This comment just stood out the most :lol:

I can be proud to say I was one of the few that has stood by him throughout. It's shocking how quickly people write players off at this club.

Out of Luk: Romelu Lukaku wants Chelsea to loan him out again.. but not to West Brom

Romelu Lukaku wants to go out on loan next season – but it is unlikely to be West Brom.

The Belgian wonder kid, 19, has scored 13 times in just 15 starts for the Baggies on his season-long arrangement from Chelsea.

But he is understood to want to play in European competition to enhance his claim for a starting berth at the 2014 World Cup with Belgium.

West Brom’s poor form in the second half of the season has prevented a late charge to the Europa League.

And that could signal the end of Lukaku’s time at the club even though the striker feels he is not ready to challenge for a place in Chelsea’s starting eleven next term.

(SOURCE)

Is that the right attitude? I think that striker problem is much bigger than what we think of, because if we really do another big-money transfer like Falcao or Cavani, that guy's deservedly gonna play, and Lukaku, even if he played an awesome season, is the third behind Demba Ba who still wants to play some games. And on a long-term-basis, this could be a problem because another loan move could produce a similar situation as we have with Courtois at the moment. I'd throw him into the team and let him fight for his games, because he's got the talent to become better than at least Ba, but Luk seems like somebody that has to feel the trust from the coach and wants to have a guarantee to always be in the starting line-up.

(SOURCE)

Is that the right attitude? I think that striker problem is much bigger than what we think of, because if we really do another big-money transfer like Falcao or Cavani, that guy's deservedly gonna play, and Lukaku, even if he played an awesome season, is the third behind Demba Ba who still wants to play some games. And on a long-term-basis, this could be a problem because another loan move could produce a similar situation as we have with Courtois at the moment. I'd throw him into the team and let him fight for his games, because he's got the talent to become better than at least Ba, but Luk seems like somebody that has to feel the trust from the coach and wants to have a guarantee to always be in the starting line-up.

I think it's normal he wants to feel trust from the coach, that is what he was missing when AVB was here. It's important for his improvement to play a lot and when you hear your club is still searching for a big striker, then I perfectly understand his reaction. It's a bit similar like the reaction of KDB. Both are thinking about the WC, what's also normal at there age.

That's the problem with Chelsea, only a few get the chance to improve their game here at a young age in the first squad.

A bit ironic is that Lukaku came to Chelsea also because of his idol Drogba to learn from him, but Drogba is gone now...A think having Drogba next seasons (even if just for some sort of coaching role) would be great for the likes of Lukaku to improve...

His dad just went to jail for 15 months for beating his gf (not Romelu's mom) and sticking her in the trunk of his car a while ago. Hope this doesn't affect his mental state too much :(