Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I recomend using the adjective "the almighty, beautiful and most serene". Don't be fooled by the spaces throughout the word, it is precisly one word and may only be used to describe the almighty, beautiful and most serene Didier Drogba.

Gignac is fat. And I have no hope for Lukaku.

Well well well, actually I used it : "French" is the synonym for "the almighty, beatiful and most serene" :)

And, could you explain me why I have no hope for Lukaku ? I am being curious, I think we might share the same view...

No Kalou to hate on, and now Lulu is the victim. :rolleyes:

Yeah. You are totally on point here. To not rate a player, as high as the vast majority of people do, only can be out of hatred toward this player. To question a footballer's abilities, it can only be due to the fact one holds an agenda against him. Hatred is an obnoxious and ugly sin, which deceives the perception of people, which makes them denial toward the truth, and thus they are unconsciously led to unfairly criticize that or this player. Hatred can even taint the heart of the bravest. And, with a tainted heart, you are bound to live a despicable life, and the hatred will make you draw biased judgments.

I am entirely agree with you. All those fools who came across with a good argumentation (and what seemed to be valid agruments), and dared to say Lukaku wasn't that good yet, that he still wasn't ready, that he was not the next Drogba, etc.. They are a bunch of haters. And I bet they are all undergoing a nervous breakdown ever since the day Kalou left the club, because that day symbolizes the loss of the most perfect scapegoat the Earth has ever seen. And now, they are lost souls. They are falling down a bottomless pit of despair. They are desperatly searching to find a scapegoat, in order to dump all the venom they have in them. Poor souls... What they are gonna do once Lukaku proves them wrong ? Who will be their next victim ? Will they follow Jim Jones' path and commit a mass suicide, if they cannot find a scapegoat good enough to their eyes ?

... Or would I be ingenious to think that they could be saved, if ever someone was to bring them God's light, by explaining them why they are wrong, instead of throwing them the stone ? Or the Deity of Intolerance won't let this happen, in order to satiate his desire of ostracism and bullying toward people thinking in a different way from masses' opinion ?

Well well well, actually I used it : "French" is the synonym for "the almighty, beatiful and most serene" :)

And, could you explain me why I have no hope for Lukaku ? I am being curious, I think we might share the same view...

Bullet points!

• Because he has no positional awareness. He just kind of drifts around waiting for the attack to get near him.
  • His first touch is just awful. The ball often goes too far away from him after his first touch allowing easy interception.
  • He is lacking in agility. He seem to have trouble taking multiple touches and turning with the ball.
  • His passing is very rough, he often just lumps the ball into the general direction of a team mate.
  • He doesn't seemed very composed on the ball and looks like he makes snap judgements (he could just be nervous).

On the other hand he is:

• Very, very strong possibly even stronger than Drogba.
  • He seems rather quick when he gets moving.
  • His finishing seems natural and comfortable.
  • He seems rather brave.

Unless his technical abilities grow and mature he will amount to nothing but the battering ram he already is. He is great when he running full steam at the back four with the ball at his feet, but he struggles in almost every other instance.

Can't believe people are now comparing him to Heskey...

Lukaku will be good one day I think. He's not a Drogba player, Lukaku is more goal scorer than team player. I wouldn't compare him to Heskey, he's more like Akinfenwa, a goal machine who is a tank.

Jesus ppl he's only 19!!! When Drogba was 19 he played for Le Mans youth team and no one even heard of him. He got time to improve so start supporting him instead of criticize him. Some of you are even worse than rival fans...

Jesus ppl he's only 19!!! When Drogba was 19 he played for Le Mans youth team and no one even heard of him. He got time to improve so start supporting him instead of criticize him. Some of you are even worse than rival fans...

But Lukakau is not Drogba nor does he play like him.

Yeah. You are totally on point here. To not rate a player, as high as the vast majority of people do, only can be out of hatred toward this player. To question a footballer's abilities, it can only be due to the fact one holds an agenda against him. Hatred is an obnoxious and ugly sin, which deceives the perception of people, which makes them denial toward the truth, and thus they are unconsciously led to unfairly criticize that or this player. Hatred can even taint the heart of the bravest. And, with a tainted heart, you are bound to live a despicable life, and the hatred will make you draw biased judgments.

I am entirely agree with you. All those fools who came across with a good argumentation (and what seemed to be valid agruments), and dared to say Lukaku wasn't that good yet, that he still wasn't ready, that he was not the next Drogba, etc.. They are a bunch of haters. And I bet they are all undergoing a nervous breakdown ever since the day Kalou left the club, because that day symbolizes the loss of the most perfect scapegoat the Earth has ever seen. And now, they are lost souls. They are falling down a bottomless pit of despair. They are desperatly searching to find a scapegoat, in order to dump all the venom they have in them. Poor souls... What they are gonna do once Lukaku proves them wrong ? Who will be their next victim ? Will they follow Jim Jones' path and commit a mass suicide, if they cannot find a scapegoat good enough to their eyes ?

... Or would I be ingenious to think that they could be saved, if ever someone was to bring them God's light, by explaining them why they are wrong, instead of throwing them the stone ? Or the Deity of Intolerance won't let this happen, in order to satiate his desire of ostracism and bullying toward people thinking in a different way from masses' opinion ?

You can overstate and claim to interpretate what i say in your own way, but i can;t see how a player that is still 19 years old could have his career summed up from a couple pre-season game.Just because he hasn't hit the ground running from the start, doesn't mean he can't improve -- and i do agree that he has a poor first touch and he needs to close down better, but these are things that could be developed with a few good loans. What i do get is how some people can be obnoxious to insimulate that Lukaku will not have a career here, yet again, down to pre-season games - with a team playing a new style, with new players - and didn't score like 100 goals and therefore will never reach the expectation.

Maybe he is the great Wizard who decieted everyone by pretending to be this poor peasant, but only to reveal himself over a period of time to be a grand and rich noble who will gift the patient and virtuous people? Maybe he is a donkey? But that main point is that he is young, young enough to improve. He has strengths, he has weaknesses, like many teenage footballer players have - but by the look of it, he will forever be in the shadow of the one person he adored, Drogba. A player who players completely differently, and is a legend for this club, but due to the fact Lukaku has this amazing physical aspect the comparisons will stick and so will the high expectation - you can't have two different pies and love them both as much in a pie eating contest!

What i truly don't understand is the amount of tribulation that has come out against him, from a few games, when he didn't really play at all last season, except for the reserves where he was scoring goals (like a striker should!) and some pre-season games. Just beacause we have only Torres and Sturridge as strikers, the majority think Lukaku could step up and be a saviour if the other two fail, which i can't see happening from a 19 year old, but i have the hope he could succeed, after all this was the first team he got the chance to represent the club he loves and maybe the reality of it finally hit him.

Overall, my opinion that he is 19 years of age and the areas of his game could increase greatly with game time, maybe not here, in order to get a better feel of the style of play. His positioning, passing, first touch are the areas that need to be improved, and he has a couple of seasons to fix that! In a few years time he could be a the dark horse of the team, or he could be just a donkey pretending to be a horse. Send him on loan for two years, then reevaluate him, not from some pesky pre-season games where the team as a whole failed to impress the majority/reach expectation.

Bullet points!

• Because he has no positional awareness. He just kind of drifts around waiting for the attack to get near him.
  • His first touch is just awful. The ball often goes too far away from him after his first touch allowing easy interception.
  • He is lacking in agility. He seem to have trouble taking multiple touches and turning with the ball.
  • His passing is very rough, he often just lumps the ball into the general direction of a team mate.
  • He doesn't seemed very composed on the ball and looks like he makes snap judgements (he could just be nervous).

On the other hand he is:

• Very, very strong possibly even stronger than Drogba.
  • He seems rather quick when he gets moving.
  • His finishing seems natural and comfortable.
  • He seems rather brave.

Unless his technical abilities grow and mature he will amount to nothing but the battering ram he already is. He is great when he running full steam at the back four with the ball at his feet, but he struggles in almost every other instance.

Okay, I am totally agree with you.

I also want to raise another point. Into my mind, it is a very difficult task to say whether talents such as Lukaku will be good once adult or not. Because he doesn't follow the path of your Neymars, Hazards, etc... Indeed, unlike them, the physical power/strength is the first thing which blossoms. While for the average talented youngster, his first attribute to blossom, is his technical abilities.

I believe Lukaku had near reached his adult weight and height at the age of 18. Even if he didn't, he was already a monster. He is taller than Drogba, and he is probably the most powerful player in our squad (if I recall correctly, he was one of the few players able to get Alex to the ground). He probably will only improve a little on the physical aspect. Now he has to improve his movements, his positional awareness, his technic. And he has to improve these aspects a lot if he wants to make it at the highest level. Which is an harder thing than to improve your muscular mass : you don't go to the gym and move weigths. These things are more natural things.

Had he not had Drogba's body at the age of 18, he wouldn't have been dubbed as the next big thing in Europe. He would have been your average young player in the belgium league. Because at the moment, take his physical ability away from him : there's nothing much left. He wouldn't even made it in our youth teams.

Now, as you said, he will have to improve his technic and all other points you pointed out. If he manages to get a proper technic, among other things, he will be a very good player. But, if he was to fail, we will have within our hands the next Kenwyne Jones. This is why I want him to go out on loan for two years in a team which plays a technical football, in order to force him to improve his technic. If he goes to a team like Stoke, then his physical attributes will be prioritized way above his first touch and all. It would be a fail.

A°) You can overstate and claim to interpretate what i say in your own way, but i can;t see how a player that is still 19 years old could have his career summed up from a couple pre-season game. [...] What i do get is how some people can be obnoxious to insimulate that Lukaku will not have a career here, yet again, down to pre-season games - with a team playing a new style, with new players - and didn't score like 100 goals and therefore will never reach the expectation.

B°) but by the look of it, he will forever be in the shadow of the one person he adored, Drogba. A player who players completely differently, and is a legend for this club, but due to the fact Lukaku has this amazing physical aspect the comparisons will stick and so will the high expectation - you can't have two different pies and love them both as much in a pie eating contest!

C°) What i truly don't understand is the amount of tribulation that has come out against him, from a few games, when he didn't really play at all last season, except for the reserves where he was scoring goals (like a striker should!) and some pre-season games.

A°) In another topic, I said that the new trend, in order to tell to a person that he/she is wrong, is to tell him he is basing his judgement on a few pre-season games. Well, you are only proving how right I am ! To be perfectly frank, I don't give a flying fuck about pre-season games. To my mind, they are only good to gain money and to come back slowly in the rhythm. Believe me, I don't judge a player by what he showcases in a friendly game. Furthermore, I have only watched 1 game from the preseason. I am basing my judgment upon what I saw of him throughout the last season. And the pre-season game I have watched only corroborates the opinion I hold on him. By the way, I have stated this point at the end of the page 62...

B°) Seriously. If you had been bothered to read five posts above the one you made yesterday, then you wouldn't have had to write this paragraph. I said that there wasn't anything more wrong to compare Lukaku to Drogba, because they were very much different players. Seemingly, at some extent, people fell agree with me. And no, people who "hate on him" don't question his future because they think he is the next Drogba. It's rather the other way around : people who think he is Drogba Mark II are those who overrate him.

C°) Once again, we don't judge him on a few (pre-season) games. And to be honest, considering the kind of abilities we are questioning, the amount of professional games you play doesn't really matter. Your first touch, your positional awareness, your off and on-ball movements, etc... Aren't thing you acquire through games. Of course, you can improve these aspects with the passing years. But these abilities are mainly natural things, you have them or you don't. And you improve them throughout practicing during training sessions. Whether you have 65 games in the season under your belt, or only 5, if you can't make a proper pass to save your life, then there's something wrong with you. If Lukaku has an abmysal first touch, it isn't down to the fact he has only played a few games.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/120805/lookaking-new-home-where-next-romelu-lukaku-177846

Good Article on Lukaku. Such a young guy with huge potential, I hope a loan move will help with his confidence. Since he's arrived at Chelsea he hasnt been used, and he's the sort of guy that thrives on match-day.

I hope he goes to Fulham it makes sense and he's not a long ball striker so he wont compliment Westham or Norwich.

Loan? OK.

Option to buy? No way!

He is one of the biggest talents in Europe, we should be happy to have him. He needs experience, but I am sure that he have a bright future at Chelsea.

Go Romelu!

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/120805/lookaking-new-home-where-next-romelu-lukaku-177846

Good Article on Lukaku. Such a young guy with huge potential, I hope a loan move will help with his confidence. Since he's arrived at Chelsea he hasnt been used, and he's the sort of guy that thrives on match-day.

I hope he goes to Fulham it makes sense and he's not a long ball striker so he wont compliment Westham or Norwich.

Perfect replacement for Zamora/Pogrebnyak.

New article in Belgian media regarding Lukaku loan.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lukaku not going to Fulham"

It looked like Romelu Lukaku would've been loaned out to Fulham this season, but that deal is almost certainly not going through. "I can assure you that Romelu isn't going to Fulham", his manager Christophe Henrotay reacts.

"Why I'm so sure? Because I'm finalising the last details with an other Premier League club where Romelu will be loaned out to.", Henrotay makes clear. "I can't say which team and when the deal will be done. But it's advancing quickly."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If this is true and really happening, Chelsea will most certainly buy a striker. Only Torres and Sturridge up front isn't enough.