Oriol Romeu

termninja

Come on. We know with 99.99% certainty that we'll never see either of them playing in our first team. Romeu either. I was just asking a hypothetical.

i know. but i was just saying that IF we want to replace mikel with someone currently on our books, we have already have 2 options better than romeu. so if we are getting some money out of this deal, so be it.

Meh. Sorry to say but, after that one good (half) season under AVB, he did next to nothing. Offers a little more offensively than Mikel, but nowhere near as composed on the ball, nor defensively disciplined inasmuch as maintaining the team's shape/balance. Wish him all the best, but we have better options than him already at the club, even Mikel counts as one of those options. He isn't going to start ahead of Matic or Ramires, and MvG is likely to at least get one more season to prove himself.

Unlikely considering Romeu has never been part of his plans.

Ah, I understand that. Just hoping that if he moves on and makes us look a bit silly for keeping the likes of Mikel instead it may have a positive effect for future prospects like Pasalic or MVG...but I doubt it.

Come on. We know with 99.99% certainty that we'll never see either of them playing in our first team. Romeu either. I was just asking a hypothetical.

1) As I wrote in Pasalic thread, I assume that they tried to get him a work permit but failed and Pasalic himself said that he trained 2 weeks with Mourinho who was optimistic about him and personally advised him to go to Spain. Shame that I don't have access to Chelsea TV because I would find one of last pre-season press conference when Jose speaks about him and can't find anything in written version which usually is just a highlight.

Also Eddie Newton, who takes care of the loanees, spoke highly about his last season that he showed great maturity at this age, playing in defensive midfield position. And finally Chelsea didn't agree to set buy-option for Monaco at 15m€ (it was reported by Di Marzio) which is very high price for 20 yo bought for 3m€.

2) Mourinho said about Van Ginkel that he and his people were scouting him months before he signed (which also confirmed that deal between Mourinho and Chelsea was agreed months before it happened) and that's why they're convinced about his quality/potential.

So I think chances of either of them are higher than 0.01% ... IMO it's 50/50 that at least one of them will be in the squad in the coming season.

Another waste of wages gone.

And that surprises you because ?

It seems to be a pattern with us, suddenly go all out buy young players give everyone hope that we are going to give younsters a chance and bam sell them to some other club.

I really want Bamford and Van Ginkel to make it to the first team ! :D *fingers crossed*

And that surprises you because ?

It seems to be a pattern with us, suddenly go all out buy young players give everyone hope that we are going to give younsters a chance and bam sell them to some other club.

I really want to Bamford and Van Ginkel make it to the first team ! :D *fingers crossed*

I'm not surprised, might as well just sell them because they ain't getting a chance here. As for MvG he's another one, sold next season.

I'm not surprised, might as well just sell them because they ain't getting a chance here. As for MvG he's another one, sold next season.

Nooooooooooo ! I would really be gutted if we actually sold him. It's not like the player market is filled with good players at cheap price, stop selling the good ones for pittance and try to make them better. I thought that was the point of the academy !

me too. But since I haven't been following him thought he felt apart. Is he still good ?

I honestly have no idea. All I know is that he played heaps under AVB and was a starter for a while. Then the knee injury happened and his career derailed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You know it was a pity he got injured with us back then, because when Rafa was here I bet you he would have played.

yes he would have got a lot of games that season, he couldnt have got that injury at a worse time really.