Oriol Romeu

termninja

Among our loanees this season, he's arguably doing the best so far this season. Nailed on started for Stuttgart and doing well.

If we are going to bring back any of our loanees next season, it will most likely be him or Omeruo.

http://www.bundesliga.com/en/liga/news/2014/0000304005.php

'I will never say no to staying in Stuttgart'

bundesliga.com: Do you see yourself staying in Stuttgart?

Romeu: My main objective is to improve my game and I think I can still improve a lot. The Bundesliga is a good league to grow and to become a better player. I want the club to be happy with me and I want to play as much as I can because that will allow me to grow. We’ll see what happens, but now I’m focused on the present and helping the team. I don’t know what will happen in the next few years but I will never say no to staying in Stuttgart because they have treated me amazingly so far and I’m really happy here. I want the club to be happy with me and I want to feel I’m doing a good job.

Among our loanees this season, he's arguably doing the best so far this season. Nailed on started for Stuttgart and doing well.

If we are going to bring back any of our loanees next season, it will most likely be him or Omeruo.

if not for the injury, i would say moses. that performance against city deserves a lot of credit. also bertrand has been real good.

if not for the injury, i would say moses. that performance against city deserves a lot of credit. also bertrand has been real good.

Yeah, but Bertrand has already more or less confirmed that he wants to move on at the end of the season (actually, didn't his loan deal include an option to sell?), and Moses is a player I really like but he has next to zero chance of making it here with the caliber of players we have in his position.

Yeah, but Bertrand has already more or less confirmed that he wants to move on at the end of the season (actually, didn't his loan deal include an option to sell?), and Moses is a player I really like but he has next to zero chance of making it here with the caliber of players we have in his position.

fair enough but i dont think romeu's chances of making the team is any better than moses'. if moses continues to perform the way he has, and salah does what he is doing right now then moses' chances is better cos of the HG quota.

on the other hand, romeu will be behind cesc, ramires, matic and does not make the HG cut too. add to that the fact that we may be buying khedira or pogba, which makes his chances as very poor (not to forget MVG).

fair enough but i dont think romeu's chances of making the team is any better than moses'. if moses continues to perform the way he has, and salah does what he is doing right now then moses' chances is better cos of the HG quota.

on the other hand, romeu will be behind cesc, ramires, matic and does not make the HG cut too. add to that the fact that we may be buying khedira or pogba, which makes his chances as very poor (not to forget MVG).

Yeah, buying a CM would definitely end his career here. Honestly, I don't think any of our current loanees have a future here, certainly not next season.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone know how is he doing at Stuttgart? Heard that Stuttgart want to sign him permanently. I swear his contract extension last summer is one of the weirdest thing happened.

he won't want to join them in 2nd division, because that's where they are headed

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-forgotten-man-oriol-romeu-5464800

Oriol Romeu, 23, is craving stability and either wants to return to Stamford Bridge for good in the summer or be allowed to leave permanently.

Oriol Romeu is ready to quit Chelsea for good in the summer.

The Spanish midfielder, currently on loan at Stuttgart, has made just 15 league starts since arriving from Barcelona in 2011 and fears he is not part of Jose Mourinho’s plans.

Romeu said: “In June I’ll speak with Chelsea to know their intentions.

“After two seasons on loan, the ideal would be settling into a club to get some stability. Every player needs continuity.”

A £5million signing by Andres Villas-Boas, Romeu also spent the 2013-14 season on loan at Valencia. He signed a new Chelsea contract last summer.

Don't know how good he is now as haven't seen a Stuttgart game this year, can someone let me know?

Hopefully we can either sell him for a decent sum or return him to the club and have him as a rotation player in our squad. Remember liking him from what i've seen of him in the past and he may well have the potential to be a good backup player for Matic.

Another career we ruined with our policy. I know it is for the good of the club but for some players like Romeu it is clear that it isn't helping them. Well at least he should have earned enough to be well off for life :P and free to make a move to a mid table club now.

Remember when this guy was the next best thing for us before AVB was sacked...:(