Oriol Romeu

termninja

I feel bad for him, I really believed this was his year, too bad he had to be sacrificed

He has to be one of the unluckiest players in the world with the cruciate ligament, then the injury just when he won a place at Valencia, then the changing of the manager while he was injured...etc.

Needs a full season playing somewhere which is a shame because it leaves us with Mikel who is unflushable proving hard to sell. Sets it up next year for a context between Romeu, Chalobah and possibly Loftus-Cheek for a spot in midfield.

Whatever happens his transfer value will probably increase by next summer at the very least.

If Loftus-Cheek and Baker keep progressing at a rapid level, Chalobah may not even get a look-in at Chelsea

A pivot of Romeu and Matic inspires more confidence than one with Mikel and Matic though, which can best be described as pointless.

Mikel is Matic's back up, we don't need to play him next to Matic unless somehow we find that Cesc, MVG and Ramires are out injured which is very, very unlikely.

Mikel is a better back up option than Romeu because he's ahead of him in his development - he's already the final product, whilst Romeu needs as many games as possible to aid his development. As it stands right now Mikel is also the better player IMO, Romeu is a bit overhyped on here.

At this point, Chelsea fans better hope that Matic, vanGinkel, Oscar and Fab all stay healthy. Jobi will never speed-up our build-up play.

I don't think Romeu is good enough under pressure, but Chelsa are still very thin on quality in center midfield.

This club needs rid of Mikel and Torres badly...... (Moses and Marin too).

At this point, Chelsea fans better hope that Matic, vanGinkel, Oscar and Fab all stay healthy. Jobi will never speed-up our build-up play.

I don't think Romeu is good enough under pressure, but Chelsa are still very thin on quality in center midfield.

No, but we wouldn't need him to in a Fabregas-Mikel pivot.

How the hell is a midfield (for two (or three) positions) of Fabregas, Matic, Ramires, MVG, Mikel + one of the youngsters thin? That's 5/6 players for 2/3 positions. Not thin at all.

How the hell is a midfield (for two (or three) positions) of Fabregas, Matic, Ramires, MVG, Mikel + one of the youngsters thin? That's 5/6 players for 2/3 positions. Not thin at all.

Thin on quality he probably means. Which isn't wrong.

Any significant injury to Matic and our CM drops a huge level in quality and I don't think we'd get near the title.

Thin on quality he probably means. Which isn't wrong.

Any significant injury to Matic and our CM drops a huge level in quality and I don't think we'd get near the title.

The problem is then our 3rd midfielder. JOM is probably 5th choice as it stands right now, so it still makes his comment strange because it's not like Romeu improved much on the 'quality' aspect of our midfield.

One of the few beneficial things about AVB's time with us was that he did give some of the younger players a chance. Romeu was class for a period in that string of games he got for us that season but his injury problems haven't helped him at all. Was quickly becoming one of my favourite players that season, then if I remember correctly he got injured and wasn't the same. Didn't see much of him at Valencia but I hope he can be injury free for a while, I do see a lot of potential with him. Van Ginkel is slowly growing some fans but Romeu was even better back then. Wish him all the best with Stuggart. Hopefully he'll come back to us, having made a lot of progress and fully fit as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Oriol Romeu was the main culprit for Stuttgart's shameful 0-2 defeat today against the second division team Bochum.

True, but Bochum weren't pushovers & made a good impression of themselves. I follow #1FCK & I know for a fact that the 2nd.Bundesliga is no joke. There some very solid sides in that division. Wasn't this Romeu's first exposure to Deutsche footie?

Wasn't this Romeu's first exposure to Deutsche footie?

Yes, it was. But it was a shocking performance to be honest, especially for a Stuttgart fan like me. I am sure Gruezo would have been the better option for Stuttgart. I am very disappointed with him. Of course the 2nd Bundesliga also got good teams but that's no excuse

Yes, it was. But it was a shocking performance to be honest, especially for a Stuttgart fan like me. I am sure Gruezo would have been the better option for Stuttgart. I am very disappointed with him. Of course the 2nd Bundesliga also got good teams but that's no excuse

I am suggesting give the lad some time to settle into his new environment. I don't expect him coming into Deutschland tearing everything up. Foreign land New language, he will need some time to adjust. I am sure he is out of his comfort zone, but in the long run this will be a great experience for him.

• 1 month later...

Chelsea midfielder Oriol Romeu has handed the Blues an ultimatum, insisting he needs to be given a chance at Stamford Bridge or he will look to make his current loan deal permanent.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/14/oriol-romeu-hands-chelsea-transfer-ultimatum-after-enjoying-life-at-stuttgart-4906150/

I'm Scared... :ph34r: