Oriol Romeu

termninja

I want to clarify some things about Oriol Romeu subject because it seems there is a lot of confusion in England about it. I'm not here to call anyone a liar or upset you. I just want to explain some points i think you're not aware of.

1) In Spain it's VERY USUAL to include buy back clauses in transfer contracts. Specially with young players.

2) Oriol Romeu has been praised by Guardiola many times and it's known that the club has great expectations with him. In fact, when the Romeu transfer was done all the spanish newspapers informed about a buy back clause in the first two seasons.

3) When AVB pointed out that Chelsea has the rights to keep Romeu if they dont want to sell, FC Barcelona made an official statement confirming they can bring back the player in 2012 or 2013 for a fee.

Once said that, here we have a situation where two sides are telling a different story. Only the contract says the truth. I haven't seen it. Both clubs have done it, so it's very unusual they're having opposite interpretations. We can only speculate. It's perfectly understandable that you prefer to believe in Chelsea's version but i can give you another view based on precedents and logic.

English clubs are way more secretive than spanish ones. Besides, Chelsea FC is a company with shareholders but FC Barcelona is a club that belongs to its associates. Barça's management HAS TO explain all their moves. It's not possible for Barça to talk about undisclosed fees and such. It would be the first time FC Barcelona says there is a buy back clause and there isn't. It would also be very rare that all spanish newspapers that informed about a buy back clause since the beginning were wrong. This very same FC Barcelona management has included buy back clauses in the Bojan Krkic transfer to AS Roma and Jeffren Suarez's one to Sporting Lisbon last summer.

All in all, i say the odds of FC Barcelona having the option to buy back Oriol Romeu by contract are VERY likely. It doesn't mean they will. The rumor in Barcelona is that Seydou Keita will be transfered the next summer. I wouldn't be surprised if Oriol Romeu takes his place in the squad.

Excuse me for my english and I expect you find this post useful. Oh, and good luck for the CL semifinal. Let's hope this time we don't need to talk about referees.

This is a statement by your sports director, whom you say "has to" tell the truth:

"We have a first option on Oriol Romeu, but at this moment we don't plan to re-sign him,"

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1019860/barcelona-have-no-plans-to-re-sign-oriol-romeu?cc=4716

This is a statement by your sports director, whom you say "has to" tell the truth:

http://soccernet.esp...l-romeu?cc=4716

I'm afraid this is a translation misunderstanding. I remember this interview at the radio. What Zubizarreta said is that FC Barcelona at the moment has no intention to "execute" the first buy back option. It's a "first option" because they can do it in 2012 or 2013 summer. By the way, what i said is that Barça has to explain with detail to its associates about any transaction once it's done. This doesn't mean that any Barça's executive statement is the word of God.

I quote: "At this moment we don't have any intention to execute this possibility/option (posibilidad), so he'll stay at Chelsea"

Back then (february 10), rumors involving Keita trade to AC Milan haven't begun. I suspect Chelsea is trying to 'hide' the player to avoid FC Barcelona changing his mind.

Didn't your sports director Andoni Zubizarreta confirm AVB's claims in February by saying Barcelona have "first option" on Romeu? That is different from a buy back clause as far as I know.

No matter what the clauses are it's been confusing these past couple of months. First he was a first team regular, then he is "injured" despite clearly being in training with everyone else and now we haven't seen him even on the bench for a very long time. It's like he doesn't even exist anymore. I get the feeling we aren't being told everything about this matter.

You aren't told a lot of stuff by the board, cause they lie to us a lot!

We still yet to know what happen with Ray!

All in all, our board is not to be trusted!

Back then (february 10), rumors involving Keita trade to AC Milan haven't begun. I suspect Chelsea is trying to 'hide' the player to avoid FC Barcelona changing his mind.

You know, I was about to write "it would be absurd", but knowing how our board "works", it's not absurd anymore.

Since I still find difficulto to 100% understand how all of this works, may I ask you a question? If Barça wants the player back, but he wants to stay here, what happens?

Since I still find difficulto to 100% understand how all of this works, may I ask you a question? If Barça wants the player back, but he wants to stay here, what happens?

I'd guess Barcelona would just have to fuck off then. Wouldn't it be similar to players who have release clauses on their contracts and triggering the clause just gives the buying club permission to negotiate a contract with the player and the selling club can't do anything to stop the transfer if the player really wants to leave? The player can still of course reject the contract and stay with his current club.

That is if they haven't already negotiated the terms and put pen to paper on a contract which would only become active if Barcelona were to buy him back. Then I suppose he'd have to go whether he wanted to or not. But this all a bit pointless because we all know that if those catalan cunts really want him back there's no way he'd say no.

You know, I was about to write "it would be absurd", but knowing how our board "works", it's not absurd anymore.

Barça has a policy... in fact i would say a solid tradition of letting go players that don't want to play for the club. We sold Ronaldo after only one season because he wanted to go to Inter. More recently we sold Yaya Touré to ManCity because he wanted to go. Both players were extremely valuable for the team but when you're as big as FC Barcelona you just don't force anybody to stay. Pride, i guess. For god's sake... we even agreed to sell Figo to Real Madrid!

So your answer is a big YES. If Oriol Romeu doesn't want to come back, he won't.

He suited AVB's ball manipulation philosophy more, personally I reckon thats why Mikel is starting more under RDM because we prefer to counter attack teams now rather than break them down passing the ball like we did under AVB.

Anyway I hope Andre doesn't get appointed at a club and try steal him from us :(

He had a couple of iffy games but he had some very good games too. He's not gonna be constantly awesome straight away. Players get consistent by playing matches. He's not a robot. He's also better than Mikel already!

Seriously don't know why he gets overlooked. our most solid defensive displays under AVB came whenever he played.

Mikel is completely fit. Having a fit Mikel start over anyone else has been the general rule for more than a couple of years.

He had a couple of iffy games but he had some very good games too. He's not gonna be constantly awesome straight away. Players get consistent by playing matches. He's not a robot. He's also better than Mikel already!

I think his style will be a negative against Barcelona. His style is based on his amazing ability to close down spaces in the middle of the park. The problem I have is Barca play in triangle movements with the option of Dani Alves providing width when the middle gets congested. Barcelona will draw him forward then they'll create their triangle with either Messi or Iniesta spinning into the open space. I don't want to see a goal were Iniesta or Messi is able to turn into an open space in the middle and I think Mikel is probably the best for the Barcelona game other then that in most cases Romeu is probably the best option !

I would play Mikel ahead of Romeu against Barca but i genuinely believe that Mikel & Essien are too slow together and will get taken apart against Xavi, Fabregas and Iniesta in the Middle. Romeu is quicker and has better reactions imo plus is technically good.

I would play Mikel ahead of Romeu against Barca but i genuinely believe that Mikel & Essien are too slow together and will get taken apart against Xavi, Fabregas and Iniesta in the Middle. Romeu is quicker and has better reactions imo plus is technically good.

The problem we have had is that Makalele was so good that our centre backs had fuck all to worry about. Since Makalele has left the club John Terry's weakness's have been opened up and Cech is having to deal with a lot more shots in central area's. We practically went from having an absolute WORLD CLASS holding player who read the game so well that John terry and Carvalho had to deal with very little through the middle ! We went from that to holding players who are not even in the same bloody Stratosfear when it comes to quality. Imagine having to downgrade from a Aston Martin to a Vauxhall Astra, that's basically what we did. Robben down to Kalou was the same, we just thought we could save money by skimping on transfers and it backfired. Romeu will be going back to Barcelona by the way. The Roman wonders why the other teams have caught us, Spurs are just as good as us now and probably better.