Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Got the potential to be one of the best GK in football history and no1 in Belgium history if he knows what he is doing or keep doing what he is doing. Just hope nothing bad happens to him at his peak like Cech a few years ago with that Reading incident, at his age in 20 years time we could be all talking about possibly the top 5 players in Chelsea history here too.

Also hope he doesn't lost form/fell out with manager(s) in the future, if he keeps on performing and doesn't change his personality(ego) he will be a massive success.

As I already said on Twitter even if the relationship between Chelsea and Mourinho goes south our "players stability", like in 2007, will remain intact, thus making it easier for any coach to start at Chelsea.

I'm so happy for this extension :D

I really hope he has a similar career here to what Cech has been: long time, a leader in defense, a legend to this club. I do hope this is only his first contract extension with us.

Now can we move to the next Belgian in line, Emenalo? There's another one that also needs a contract extension and preferably a crazy release clause - something like 200m. That way nobody can take him away because as crazy as football spendings have been, with FFP nobody can spend something like that and I can't foresee it changing in five years... I feel if we don't set a high release clause - insanely, impossible to reach release clause - we'll lose Hazard (not necessarily to Madrid though, don't think they'd go for him next season).

We won 1 league title in the 6 seasons Mourinho was gone for and we essentially became a cup team. Unless we get in Simeone/Klopp I wouldn't be very confident if he left.

Wait until end of this season then evaluate, with our squad now league title is a must or CL title instead. If we end up trophy less again or win FA Cup/Capital One Cup it could be argues that Jose is no longer good enough, 2 seasons without a major trophy with a top 5 starting 11 in football would be shocking. Obviously if he goes we will go for a top coach too, but I believe Jose is the man until at least the summer.

We can't live in the past, maybe Jose was never the same after that Madrid spell, this season will show whether it is true or not.

Operation 'Play Courtois for a few games so he'll think he's starter, which leads to him signing a new contract and puts Chelsea back in a position of power' is complete.

Next phase, the return of The Helmet in goal. Suck on that Thibaut!

That would be the ultimate troll job. :worship: