Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Just a slight aberration on that Eto'o goal but more than made up for it with the astonishing save from Mirallas.

Not to be picky, but in the Mirallas save (wasn't it Baines?) he made up for his own mistake that led to that very chance. He gave it away with a bad pass.

Not to be picky, but in the Mirallas save (wasn't it Baines?) he made up for his own mistake that led to that very chance. He gave it away with a bad pass.

Harsh to put that down completely on him as it looked like him and Azpi had a breakdown in communication and the latter wasn't aware he'd been fed the ball.

I'm a goalkeeper so I'll defend his distribution. If you watch, Azpi moves away from the ball Thibaut bowls out. Mainly because he has no idea what's going on. So rather than blaming Thibaut, I'd say Azpi isn't paying enough attention in that move. He should always move to the ball, that's what I teach the kids I coach. He realised he was under pressure, panicked, and in the end it was Thibaut who rescued us with an incredible save. However I do agree Thibaut was perhaps a bit too eager and distributed almost too early, perhaps Azpi wasn't expecting the pass after two seasons with Cech, who holds the ball and calms things down. But that is a demonstration of Cech's experience (holding the ball and allowing the defence to reset) and Courtois' youthful exuberance.