Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

If Big Nose wants to leave after the completion of this simply brilliant and diabolical plan, no problem. His next club would have to make him the most expensive GK of all time though.

It's quite the other way around. You'd be stuck with an unhappy, negative, moaning player who you pay a shit load of money every week and worst thing is you can't get rid of him because no club in the world is willing nor capable to pay that much money for him. Let alone the fact that his actual value decreases every minute he sits on the bench. Kinda like ... Torres

I'm not blame him over so much goals we conceded already, because mainly are our defensive duty mistakes, but was there any goal we conceded that should have been saved by him?

Do you guys think he is still in adapting period in our team?

I'm not blame him over so much goals we conceded already, because mainly are our defensive duty mistakes, but was there any goal we conceded that should have been saved by him?

Not his fault at all. Maybe the first goal vs Burnley, besides that the defense has just let him down.

Maybe he could have saved one of those goals we conceded but it was nowhere near acceptable to expect him to save them, it would be more a stroke of luck than of skill.

Not his fault at all. Maybe the first goal vs Burnley, besides that the defense has just let him down.

I see, I missed that game, so I couldn't make assesment on it. Glad to hear it then, I concerned about it too much, it seems.

Just think, if we conceded this many with Cech as our GK, people will crying for Courtois to play at the moment. Cech is too old, blah blah. Somehow I'm glad Cech was on the bench all this time.

Think he should stop at least one goal he conceded. Those goals werent his fault, and look impossible to keep on the eye, but then again certain keepers still kept impossible, saving their team even if defence was shit.

Think he should stop at least one goal he conceded. Those goals werent his fault, and look impossible to keep on the eye, but then again certain keepers still kept impossible, saving their team even if defence was shit.

While that is true and I would really like to see him performing more "miracles" and saving our asses, he has done a fair share of difficult saves - even 1v1. But the more the better I guess.

Think he should stop at least one goal he conceded. Those goals werent his fault, and look impossible to keep on the eye,

Then tell us, which goal we conceded should he have at least saved it? And why?

but then again certain keepers still kept impossible, saving their team even if defence was shit.

Seems like some have forgotten the great saves he made against Arfield (early in the second half vs Burnley), Nugent (one-on-one vs Leicester) and THAT Mirallas chance when the game was at 4-3 vs Everton.

Apart from the Eto'o goal for which he was poorly positioned in, you can't really pin any blame on him for any of the goals conceded so far. Don't think anyone can reasonably argue that he hasn't had a good start with us.

Then tell us, which goal we conceded should he have at least saved it? And why?

Seems like some have forgotten the great saves he made against Arfield (early in the second half vs Burnley), Nugent (one-on-one vs Leicester) and THAT Mirallas chance when the game was at 4-3 vs Everton.

Im talking about that one more clean sheet he might make. I know he pulled some quality saves, but sometimes a gk just doesnt let anything in, no matter what. Cech saved several shots in certain games and that gave us clean sheet, no matter how difficult and impossible it was. Courtois was usualy half protected by defence, this time he was not and conceded. Cech was also unprotected in defence in certain games, but still saved those games. Im not saying Courtois wasnt good enough, but he will have to get some games when he will keep anything despite a shitty defence. Even if you call them miracle saves. This is what truly world class gks do and Im sure Tibo will do it at one point.

Im talking about that one more clean sheet he might make. I know he pulled some quality saves, but sometimes a gk just doesnt let anything in, no matter what. Cech saved several shots in certain games and that gave us clean sheet, no matter how difficult and impossible it was. Courtois was usualy half protected by defence, this time he was not and conceded. Cech was also unprotected in defence in certain games, but still saved those games. Im not saying Courtois wasnt good enough, but he will have to get some games when he will keep anything despite a shitty defence. Even if you call them miracle saves. This is what truly world class gks do and Im sure Tibo will do it at one point.

Yeah but you said he should have stopped one of the goals we conceded and I asked which one and I haven't got a reply on that yet...

You must be trolling lol.

I have been saying it since forever that he's overrated and his clean sheet record in spain is highly misleading. Now that he has less protection and being put in unfamiliar terittory where he has to make multiple saves per game, he's being found out. The amount of protection he got at Atleti was beyond ridiculous. in most games, he rarely has to make a single difficult saves as their opponents are usually reduced to just speculative efforts, long range shooting and no chance at all majority of the time.

Haven't said that, I like his command of the penalty area and the way he imposes himself physically.

On a side note, People won't appreciate just how good and important Cech is until he's gone.

Don't think he's overrated at all, he's probably one of the top 3 keepers playing just now. He does everything you expect a keeper to do and then some, icing on the cake is his age and we'll have him for a long time.

I'd say the only "flaw" I've seen is his distribution but it's only been poor a couple of times.

I have been saying it since forever that he's overrated and his clean sheet record in spain is highly misleading. Now that he has less protection and being put in unfamiliar terittory where he has to make multiple saves per game, he's being found out. The amount of protection he got at Atleti was beyond ridiculous. in most games, he rarely has to make a single difficult saves as their opponents are usually reduced to just speculative efforts, long range shooting and no chance at all majority of the time.

Haven't said that, I like his command of the penalty area and the way he imposes himself physically.

On a side note, People won't appreciate just how good and important Cech is until he's gone.

I think any keeper would struggle to keep a clean sheet in our current system...