Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Thibo is an infant in goalkeeper years, it's scary to think how much better he can still become. Although I'm no expert, but when I see him play, I can't see any big faults, only minor ones from time to time. His reflexes and command of the area is as good as any. With accumulation of experience and top class coaching, he will become the best.

I'm a goalkeeper so I'll defend his distribution. If you watch, Azpi moves away from the ball Thibaut bowls out. Mainly because he has no idea what's going on. So rather than blaming Thibaut, I'd say Azpi isn't paying enough attention in that move. He should always move to the ball, that's what I teach the kids I coach. He realised he was under pressure, panicked, and in the end it was Thibaut who rescued us with an incredible save. However I do agree Thibaut was perhaps a bit too eager and distributed almost too early, perhaps Azpi wasn't expecting the pass after two seasons with Cech, who holds the ball and calms things down. But that is a demonstration of Cech's experience (holding the ball and allowing the defence to reset) and Courtois' youthful exuberance.

@ Atlético he did the same thing as cech was doing, & then hoof the ball to Costa :) (instructed by Simeoni I guess)

@ Genk, he was famous for his quick distribution, that started loads of dangerous counter attacks (&goals).

Sometimes he does hold the ball up, like he did @ the end of the Everton game.

Not to be picky, but in the Mirallas save (wasn't it Baines?) he made up for his own mistake that led to that very chance. He gave it away with a bad pass.

Azpi wasn't completely innocent either, waited a long time before he reacted to Courtois' throw.

Azpi wasn't completely innocent either, waited a long time before he reacted to Courtois' throw.

True, but he was obviously not expecting the pass which means that he probably didn't get a shout from Thibaut. Lack of communication. Luckily we were let off the hook by the brilliant save.

Courtois and Hazard next are a must for me.

Easy tiger, Hazard still have 3 years to run on his 170k per week, new deal gonna make him what? 200k? need to prove himself as one of the best in the league again this season 1st before we should be committed to such a big deal and if he decides to mess around with Jose again like he did briefly at the end of last season, we can always go for Reus as mentioned in the other thread and rob PSG again next summer(who I think will likely go back for him if Blanc was still the manager)

Courtois will do it himself, probably after he knows he has definitely been the no1 permanently or after Cech leaves in Jan.

Thibaut, Oscar, van Ginkel, Dave and Hazard are our new untouchables. 3/5 down, gotta get one soon and then Hazard one in January

Van Ginkel probably won't even come back to the club unless he becomes top 5-10 CDM in Serie A LOL let alone untouchable. Same with Oscar, if another disappointing season can be sold next year for Reus. Dave signed new 5 years deal today.

It's about asset management. When Hazard's contract goes down to 2 years you'll soon have the likes of Real and Barcelona, maybe even Bayern sniffing about. I'd rather not risk that because Hazard "has to prove again that he's one of the best in the league" (as if he didn't prove that last year, he was 2nd in PFA player of the year in case you missed it).

Getting Reus isn't a certainty either... We already have Hazard as our player, why should we risk it because 'we can always go for Reus'. I'd rather not. His performances in general last year warrant a new contract IMO, especially to fend off potential suitors.

Of course, all I am saying we should take it easy with Hazard as he is already on top wages. New contract means an increase and I doubt his and his agent will settle for a small one considering how much he demanded in the 1st place. If we are talking about around 200k that is the amount being paid for players who are top 5-10 in the world in their position, which Hazard is ATM.

Notice the key last word there, who knows he might be busted like Oscar did in the 2nd half of last season, so far he hasn't performed exceptionally well yet and a poor WC last month. I think we and the club will probably assess it and start the process as soon as Jan depends on his performance from now till then.

Van Ginkel probably won't even come back to the club unless he becomes top 5-10 CDM in Serie A LOL let alone untouchable. Same with Oscar, if another disappointing season can be sold next year for Reus. Dave signed new 5 years deal today.

Genuinely think van Ginkel will make it here just because of what he showed to Mourinho, wanting to stay here and fight for his place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNLMEwFHn8k

Tibo makes a perfect interpreter for Diego :)!

To know he didn't speak a single word of Spanish when he left for Madrid 3 years ago!

LMAO that's quite strange. A native French/Flemish speaker translating from English to Spanish for a native Portugese speaker!