Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

You're right but personally it would be more comforting to see him to that in the PL to be honest, after the De Gea debacle (he's alright now but he was atrocious in his first 4-5 months)

and like Ollie said if he does go there they'll be under more pressure than Atletico have been so would be a better test

*cough* De Gea*cough*

In England, everything is more physical, even for a keeper. On every corner or even cross there'd be players blocking his way and pushing him when the ref isn't looking. And he'd never face a Rory Delap throw-in for instance in Spain. I think that takes some getting used to, so it's better he does it at another club first.

Fair enough, I had forgotten about the doughnut thief, de Gea.

I had the impression DeGea has the best stats among keepers this season. His performance against us in the second league game was better than anything Cech managed to do for us in the big games.

The games against us where his only decent performances all season. In other matches he had been catastrophic. Every time the ball is in the air, he will have trouble dealing with it. You can imagine how that worked out against the likes of Stoke and Blackburn.

I had the impression DeGea has the best stats among keepers this season.

David Luiz stats are the best for a defender but it doesn't seem to stop the media, opposition fans and even some of our own saying he's shit.

I had the impression DeGea has the best stats among keepers this season. His performance against us in the second league game was better than anything Cech managed to do for us in the big games.

Yep, you're right. His big question mark is decisiveness in corners and allowing himself to be crowded out by the opposition in his own box, though I'd lay the blame there upon Evans and Ferdinand & co.

Not all Atletico supporters are entirely satisfied with him. Doubts are especially expressed about his agility, as many believe he is rather slow and about his reflexes. Maybe the disappointment is fueled a lot by the recent defeat against Real, but still, it is not impossible that reports on Courtois have been a bit too positive.

Colchonera thread on Courtois

Are you surprised? he's an on-loan goalkeeper that is keeping two young Spanish goalkeepers out of the starting line-up.

Everybody expected that Joel and Asenjo would be battling for it and then this lanky Belgian teenager, who's younger than the other two, comes over on loan and quickly established himself as the first choice.

Ofcourse some people are going to complain about him.

Of course that plays a role.

However, I read once that the loan agreement stipulated that Courtois had to play at least 75% (or so) of the season. Not sure if that's true, but it's not impossible.

He did have a very good season, establishing himself as a first choice at Atletico. But the fact that he's not really fast is true I think and overall it remains to be seen how he will evolve. He really seems like a copy of Van der Sar in many ways, so yes, reasons enough to be optimistic.

BIg game for Courtois tonight in the Europa League SF against Valencia. Good luck to him. Would be great for him to win a European trophy.

4-2 win for Atletico. Courtois is 90 minutes away from the Europa League final. We should of signed Falcao, whatta player.