Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

To be fair, the first two goals by Ronnie were quite well taken. Callejon, maybe. But Courtois is a young goalie who established himself at one of Spains bigger clubs, so let´s not jump the gun here.

Not the best night for him, but Real/CR are just a steamroller of a team.

The first two goals by Ronaldo weren't just well taken, they were unstoppable. And the Callejon goal was easier to save than Ronaldo's, but that doesn't make it an easy save, it was very well struck by Callejon. I wouldn't blame any goalkeeper in the world for any of those goals.

Yes, first season in Spain at club like Atletico is a big step from Belgium. Gladly, he didnt slept on glory, but works hard to prove himself further. He is still 19 and I cant see any better goalkeeper under 21yrs better than Courtois. Overall, he made some nice saves aswell, but this was Ronaldo's night

I dont get some of the comments at all. How is he suppose to save Ronaldo's first two goals? They were both absolutely top drawer. The freekick was nothing short of astounding, the movement in that ball, there is nothing any keeper could do about that and the second is, if possible, even more impossible to save. By the time Callejon scored the Athletico defence had packed it in and he would have done damn well to save the shot anyway, it wasn't one he should save.

He made a couple of smart near post saves and an excellent 1-1 save with Ronaldo. Not a lot else he could do.

Southampton are considering a move for Chelsea's reserve goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois if they win promotion.

Courtois is currently on loan at Atletico Madrid and has an option to stay in Spain for another year.

But Chelsea would be keen for him to gain Premier League experience and Southampton, currently top of the Championship, are watching the situation closely.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120412/southampton-consider-summer-move-chelsea-youngster-169574

His season has been good enough. Probably there was a requirement in the loan deal for him to be 1st keeper, but still he imposed himself. Smart guy, but he's been a bit too confident maybe. Before this game he said he had something to settle with Real and Ronaldo because of the previous game and I remember some other statements which rather surprised me this season. Never good to say something that can backfire imo. But he's young, confident and I think it would be best for him to stay one more season at Atletico, even if Southampton wants to have him for one year.

Harsh on Kelvin Davis lol he told SSN how much he would look forward to getting back to the prem but we'll know how good he is if he goes to them, they will be struggling and will concede a lot of chances.

Would be fantastic experience for him. I'd much rather he go there than stay at Atletico. Only if Southampton will make him their first choice, of course.

Whats the difference between stopping shots in Spain and England? I don't think leagues matter for a keeper.

Whats the difference between stopping shots in Spain and England? I don't think leagues matter for a keeper.

You're right but personally it would be more comforting to see him to that in the PL to be honest, after the De Gea debacle (he's alright now but he was atrocious in his first 4-5 months)

and like Ollie said if he does go there they'll be under more pressure than Atletico have been so would be a better test

*cough* De Gea*cough*

In England, everything is more physical, even for a keeper. On every corner or even cross there'd be players blocking his way and pushing him when the ref isn't looking. And he'd never face a Rory Delap throw-in for instance in Spain. I think that takes some getting used to, so it's better he does it at another club first.