Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

I mean compared to Lloris and the rest of the PL gks, De gea is the best shot stopper in the league.

Agreed.

Courtois is the total package and I cannot wait to have him here. Brilliant shot stopper and a hulking, commanding presence in his area. De Gea took a while to get his feet under him in a new league but that was mostly down to his frail body type and not being very good at claiming crosses into the box. Courtois shouldn't have any issues acclimating with his size and build.

Agreed.

Courtois is the total package and I cannot wait to have him here. Brilliant shot stopper and a hulking, commanding presence in his area. De Gea took a while to get his feet under him in a new league but that was mostly down to his frail body type and not being very good at claiming crosses into the box. Courtois shouldn't have any issues acclimating with his size and build.

Lets hope this doesn't happen too often here though :ph34r:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBUcuwc2Y6o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQAR_wdTaGo

I mean compared to Lloris and the rest of the PL gks, De gea is the best shot stopper in the league.

IMO Lloris is a better shot stopper than De Gea, who often misjudges shots but makes up for it with his great reflexes. That is why he often does make extremely dodgy saves.

anyway Courtois is way better than both including shot-stopping.

Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland 3h

Antonio Sanz, former Atlético press officer & Torres' friend, wrote in El Confidencial that Mourinho has offered Courtois the number 1 spot.

Probably bullshit. Spanish reporters are huge liars, and many of them are former players and have footballer friends. Curtois and both teams already agreed to extend his Madrid loan, according to reports in Spain.

I doubt Curtois will ever play as Chelsea GK. The new deal, if happens, is to increase his price after next season, when he will probably be sold for 20m.

From what I know, El Confidencial is a reputable newspaper in Spain.

I read the article on Antonio Sanz's blog and he also says that Cech could go to Atletico in the summer. Simeone knows for sure that Diego Costa is the #1 target for Chelsea and he wants to take advantage of this. If he can't get Courtois on a full transfer, he'd settle for Cech and apparently Jose is happy with the idea of letting him go to Madrid. Antonio Sanz says that Jose isn't happy anymore with Cech because of his frequent mistakes.

Also he writes in his article that Hilario, who is supposed to be the 3rd GK, is actually one of Jose's most trusted people at Chelsea and he is acting as a "Courtois scouter" for Mourinho. He watches and analizes Thibaut's every game and speaks with the belgian on a regular basis, several times a week.

I suggested this to my dad the author day, with Cech going to Atletico. Wouldn't everyone be happy then? He'd be leaving the 2nd best club in England for the 2nd best club in Spain, no step down, and he'd be guaranteed UCL football for the next 2/3 seasons with that squad Simeone has. Plus he'll have a friend over there in Torres :Goober:

I suggested this to my dad the author day, with Cech going to Atletico. Wouldn't everyone be happy then? He'd be leaving the 2nd best club in England for the 2nd best club in Spain, no step down, and he'd be guaranteed UCL football for the next 2/3 seasons with that squad Simeone has. Plus he'll have a friend over there in Torres :Goober:

Hell yeah mate, it's like swapping Courtois and Diego Costa for Cech and Torres. Now that's what I call a brilliant piece of business.

And probably you won't have to pay that release clause either because Courtois comes for free and Diego Costa will be, let's say, Torres + Cech + I don't know, £17m?

Hell yeah mate, it's like swapping Courtois and Diego Costa for Cech and Torres. Now that's what I call a brilliant piece of business.

And probably you won't have to pay that release clause either because Courtois comes for free and Diego Costa will be, let's say, Torres + Cech + I don't know, £17m?

What's Diego's buyout clause, £35 million? You'd argue Cech and Torres are both worth £10-12 million each in the current climate, so the pair of them plus the amount you suggested is quite realistic.

Is it just me or Thibaut has really bad handling? He never manages to catch the ball, always just blocks the shot and ball goes to opposition again.

Were you looking at the clips posted here? Of course he's not going to catch them, most of them were hard shots from very close by.

I can tell you I've never felt so secure about our national goalkeeper since the days of Michel Preud'homme, a European Cup winner who was one of the best of his day and was chosen as the best goalkeeper of the 94 World Cup. That's 20 years ago and I believe Courtois will prove to be better in the end. :)

What's Diego's buyout clause, £35 million? You'd argue Cech and Torres are both worth £10-12 million each in the current climate, so the pair of them plus the amount you suggested is quite realistic.

I think there are some 3th party ownerships to add

Is it just me or Thibaut has really bad handling? He never manages to catch the ball, always just blocks the shot and ball goes to opposition again.

it's not just you. i made that observation before we signed him from genk. He's so overrated it's unreal. People are in for a reality check when he joins a team that exposes his weakness unlike AM that conceal his flaws with their amazing defensive system.

it's not just you. i made that observation before we signed him from genk. He's so overrated it's unreal. People are in for a reality check when he joins a team that exposes his weakness unlike AM that conceal his flaws with their amazing defensive system.

I hope that you're wrong.