Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Courtois doesn't seem to punt the ball down field too often, when he does it doesn't almost go out of touch like Cech's. It's not a huge factor but Cech's kicks do my head in.

I thought Cech would have declined a bit but he's still going strong. If Courtois is going to look elsewhere if we don't play him next season, he has to start for us, we can't let someone that good leave.

thibaut might be or might not be as good as cech right now. but thats hardly the point. cech is 31 and may still be able to be a WC GK like van der sar at 40. but he may also start to drop in standards like normal players.

are we willing to take that risk? selling a 21 year old WC GK (i think he can already be called a WC GK), so that cech can continue.

cech has been a GREAT player for us. LEGEND. but we may have to take a very difficult decision of letting go off him.

Courtois must come back next season and as harsh as it may be, Cech should move on. Of course Cech could stay and allow Mourinho to do something similar to what Ancelotti decided to do with Real Madrid, which is to play Lopez in La Liga and Casillas in the Champions League and all domestic cups, but I really don't see the point in that either and Cech deserves to be a starter somewhere else if not for Chelsea anymore.

Or we could just loan Courtois to Vitesse. :Goober:

Courtois must come back next season and as harsh as it may be, Cech should move on. Of course Cech could stay and allow Mourinho to do something similar to what Ancelotti decided to do with Real Madrid, which is to play Lopez in La Liga and Casillas in the Champions League and all domestic cups, but I really don't see the point in that either and Cech deserves to be a starter somewhere else if not for Chelsea anymore.

Or we could just loan Courtois to Vitesse. :Goober:

Liked because of that last sentence :lol:

Sure he's a great goalkeeper, but demanding the number 1 jersey without even earning it? Not for me. Seems to me like he's got ego problems; either that or he's scared he won't start because he knows he can't compete with Cech. He should come in and expect to earn the number 1 jersey the same way Cech did with Carlo. The difference is Cech supplanted a good goalkeeper; Courtois has to supplant an exceptional one. Good luck, you'll need it.

Or he demands it because Chelsea has a tendency to keep playing their oldskool players anyway until they practically fall apart. ;-)

He just wants some guarantees, and since him and Cech are practically on the same level, this is not the case.

In any case. There's not really anything to be done about it. His contract ends in 2 years. Management could be all grudgy and ruin his career for two years by not playing him out of spite. It will cause massive bad press and in the end he'll be a talented 22 year old goalkeeper when he's released for free...

Or he demands it because Chelsea has a tendency to keep playing their oldskool players anyway until they practically fall apart. ;-)

He just wants some guarantees, and since him and Cech are practically on the same level, this is not the case.

In any case. There's not really anything to be done about it. His contract ends in 2 years. Management could be all grudgy and ruin his career for two years by not playing him out of spite. It will cause massive bad press and in the end he'll be a talented 22 year old goalkeeper when he's released for free...

that is NOT going to happen ,,,I think he will be at the bridge next season or sold

Give him a new contract and let him stay at Atletico. He likes it there, and Cech is too good to go away.

I don't think there is a problem with the GK for the next 10 years, unless Courtois doesn't want to sign the new contract.

Cech plays for 1 season and a half, and then Courtois replaces him.

It'll be very interesting to see Atletico without Courtois next season. We'll see just exactly how much they relied on him...

or it could be the total opposite....

How much TC relied on his backline.... I know a few Atletico fans that said this...

or it could be the total opposite....

How much TC relied on his backline.... I know a few Atletico fans that said this...

Have you actually seen Courtois playing at Athletico. The man is a beast. He pulls wondersaves out of his kitbag for fun.

Have you actually seen Courtois playing at Athletico. The man is a beast. He pulls wondersaves out of his kitbag for fun.

Yep, and organizing the defense is just as much a responsibility of the goalkeeper than keeping the shots out of the net.

Yep, and organizing the defense is just as much a responsibility of the goalkeeper than keeping the shots out of the net.

Any goal keeper organize his defense on direct kicks. The rest of it, he relies on defense to clear any loose balls.