Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Courtois—"I'll never say I'm a better goalkeeper than Petr Cech. But I'm not a player anymore that you can put on the bench, I think."

Exactly. He's FAR too good to be on the bench or "fighting for a place." It'll be one tough decision to make this summer, but Courtois has to be brought back and made our #1 going forward.

Courtois—"I'll never say I'm a better goalkeeper than Petr Cech. But I'm not a player anymore that you can put on the bench, I think."

Exactly. He's FAR too good to be on the bench or "fighting for a place." It'll be one tough decision to make this summer, but Courtois has to be brought back and made our #1 going forward.

yes, http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9108411/transfer-news-chelsea-in-talks-over-the-future-over-goalkeeper-thibaut-courtois

Courtois...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9108411/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"My agent is currently talking with Chelsea," he told Knack.

"One of the weeks I'll have a chat with José Mourinho - when we meet hasn't been decided yet. January is a busy month for me and also for Chelsea."

Having established himself as Belgium's first-choice stopper, Courtois also admitted that he would need to be playing regular football should he return to Stamford Bridge.

"I will never say I'm a better goalkeeper than Petr Cech," he said. "But I'm not a player anymore that you can put on the bench, I think.

"I will take that in mind when I take a decision. I can say what I think, but in the end the boss makes the decision.

"Clubs don't take advantage of taking decisions against the willingness of a player, but in the end it stays a game of supply and demand.

"Clubs who are interested have to pay what Chelsea asks, if they want to sell me of course."

Looking at the mixed fortunes of his fellow countrymen at Chelsea, Courtois added: "Eden Hazard is the only of the four Belgians who've made it into the first team.

"Romelu Lukaku, Kevin De Bruyne and I knew it wouldn't be easy when we signed, so we don't have to moan.

"Maybe we'll end up with all four in the team - who knows. And if not, we will find a solution for our career."

OK that it is, official decision making time now, no more if,but or anything. Hopefully this is Cech's last season at Chelsea, if we could win the BPL or some how fluke our way to CL win then that would be fitting parting gift to one of our best player in history. But no matter what, this will be the last season Cech stays in goal regularly for Chelsea.

There you go, clear as night and day, people who says he got to prove himself, why? We might not actually like the sound of this but...there are a few better clubs to play for atm such as Madrid, Barca, Bayern and to some extent even Atletico. The players don't have the fan mind, they view this sport as a job not some romantic story. If he can't get into the 1st team here he will go ''fuck it I am off to Dortmund for all I care'' I will be competing in CL every season anyway.

I agree that he shouldn't have everything handed to him on a plate but in this case he deserve it after being world class for 3 seasons in a role, more than proved himself during then. If Messi was coming here now to replace Hazard I am sure no one would give a damn if Hazard is sold, we only do for Cech atm because we feel sorry of ditching Cech after everything he gave us, but this is real life, football is also a business in a sense, the old days of just good fun kicking around and go to watch to waste time are over, now the global images, long term prospects, financial situation all play a massive part in this sport.

If we had an 10 years old Audi which still run well as new but if we are given a new Mercedes just came out last year for a cut price we can only afford by selling our Audi, obviously we should take it. The same is here now, for all we know Cech could break his hand in like December next year while Courtois is having the best season of his life for PSG or something.

Football is about bussiness and shit, but its also about passion, loyalty and respect. Im not saying we should either sell or keep Cech (its up to Mourinho and not us), but there are some things bigger than money. Its hard to speak of that nowdays, when its all about money, but clubs who are run by money have little soul and respect. Chelsea is already hated club and called names like anti football, fake club etc. As a fan of Chelsea, I would like that we change some things, and that people will talk about us as a good club. Afterall, football was always people's entertainment and we seriously have no respect among non Cfc fans, a value that should be taken seriously.

Its not just about Cech situation, but about how clubs should be run nowdays. Cech is a legend, and legends should be given proper treatment. Sure the better player will play, but to say just sell Cech after all he has done, its just a statement of terrible fan. Call me sensitive, but reason why I like to watch football is because of passion, not because of winning trophies every year. If we win them, that just comes as extra gift for me.

Football is about bussiness and shit, but its also about passion, loyalty and respect. Im not saying we should either sell or keep Cech (its up to Mourinho and not us), but there are some things bigger than money. Its hard to speak of that nowdays, when its all about money, but clubs who are run by money have little soul and respect. Chelsea is already hated club and called names like anti football, fake club etc. As a fan of Chelsea, I would like that we change some things, and that people will talk about us as a good club. Afterall, football was always people's entertainment and we seriously have no respect among non Cfc fans, a value that should be taken seriously.

Its not just about Cech situation, but about how clubs should be run nowdays. Cech is a legend, and legends should be given proper treatment. Sure the better player will play, but to say just sell Cech after all he has done, its just a statement of terrible fan. Call me sensitive, but reason why I like to watch football is because of passion, not because of winning trophies every year. If we win them, that just comes as extra gift for me.

You're right. We need to be loved and to that end we should give Cech a 15 year contract. He is a legend after all and I'd to be thought a terrible fan.

Also I suggest we donate Courtois to a needy team in order for us to be more loved by fans of teams I previously couldn't give a fuck about.

Look, passion is why we're all supporters of this club but at the same time there are economic realities, as well as plain old human realities associated with managing players and they can't always be beholden to sentimentality. We aren't talking about kicking Cech out for a young prospect who is rough around the edges. We're talking about replacing him with someone who is arguably better than him at the age of 21 - people seem to ignore what an amazing achievement that already is. It's not OTT to suggest Courtois could become one of the all-time greats when all is said and done. He certainly has the pedigree at this young age.

Well, this should make things even more interesting...

Andy May ‏@andymaytvradio 2m

Spoke to Mark Schwarzer for tonight's Fox Sports Central on @WeAreFOXSPORTS - the 41-year-old wants another season at Chelsea

</blockquote>

Blimey .......

No one cares what he wants anyway so...not really much difference

:lol: If you have been aware of some of the discussion in the last few pages, you know that's not the point here. And moreover, if that post was about what Schwarzer wants, don't you think I would have posted it in his thread instead?

:lol: If you have been aware of some of the discussion in the last few pages, you know that's not the point here. And moreover, if that post was about what Schwarzer wants, don't you think I would have posted it in his thread instead?

I do seeing as I have been involved in it myself :P But the point is clear, Mark factor will play no part in this debate at all. He could still stay even if Cech and Courtois stay too because we usually have 3 GK and Hilario will leave, or might leave and Hilario is used as back up to Cech with Courtois being sold. Either way my point is he got influence on this debate at all.

Actually Do you know why he wants to stay? Because he is earning a lot of money for playing less than 5 matches per season, probably more than £1-£2m for doing absolutely nothing, who wouldn't want that? And of course he knows his career is over soon so try to get as much money as possible.

Sadly because of FFP, we don't have a choice. Cech has 5 more solid years to give, but if we sell courtois, it means we then have to buy another keeper in no time under FFP jurisdiction.

Because of this, I'm very sure courtois will be our No. 1 next season, unless we use him as a bargaining chip for costa in the summer.

I do seeing as I have been involved in it myself :P But the point is clear, Mark factor will play no part in this debate at all. He could still stay even if Cech and Courtois stay too because we usually have 3 GK and Hilario will leave, or might leave and Hilario is used as back up to Cech with Courtois being sold. Either way my point is he got influence on this debate at all.

Assuming if Courtois is gonna be our no.1, I don't see any point in keeping 2 experience keepers as backup. IF Cech is going to be sold, then keep Schwarzer and have him as a backup instead. If not, then just let Schwarzer go and have Blackman (or whoever else) as the 3rd choice, which is very much similar to what we are doing this season. Otherwise, I see little point in having keeping 2 extra keepers especially when the third one won't even get a game at all. As with Hilario, he may still be at the club but perhaps has other roles within the squad rather than just being a playing staff.

Actually Do you know why he wants to stay? Because he is earning a lot of money for playing less than 5 matches per season, probably more than £1-£2m for doing absolutely nothing, who wouldn't want that? And of course he knows his career is over soon so try to get as much money as possible.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/1/8/5276182/chelsea-player-wage-database-salaries-january-transfer-window#comment_tease

If the figures from WAGNH are to be believed, then Schwarzer is earning only 20k wages p/w. It may be a lot for common people like us but the opposite in the footballing world. And TBF, let's not go all stereotype on Schwarzer wanting money just because he wants to stay. He has only won 1 trophy in his club career - League Cup in 2004 - and perhaps he just see this as an opportunity to win 1-2 big trophies before he retire.