Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Courtois wants quick decision on future

“About my future, I cannot wait much longer,” he said. “I need to make a decision with Chelsea as soon as possible, in March, but at the moment I do not really want to talk because there are so many games and you must be focused.

It's not my opinion...

Its their opinion....

They must be a very small minority with eyes on their ass then.

Though Atletico has great defensive players, I think Courtois is by far the most popular player in the squad by now.

Loaning Cech to Atletico would actually not be a bad decision at all. Problem solved. Thibaut happy and Petr can spend his last active years in sunny Madrid in stead of rainy London. :P

'I'm not sitting on any bench' Courtois quoted in a Belgian magazine.

'I'm not saying i'm the better keeper. But with my grade i'm not sitting on any bench next year. But i don't decide what happens with my future."

About the Atletico interest: "My manager is only talking with Chelsea. That's normal, but i heard i'm having a talk with Jose Mourinho soon."

'I'm not sitting on any bench' Courtois quoted in a Belgian magazine.

'I'm not saying i'm the better keeper. But with my grade i'm not sitting on any bench next year. But i don't decide what happens with my future."

About the Atletico interest: "My manager is only talking with Chelsea. That's normal, but i heard i'm having a talk with Jose Mourinho soon."

There you go, clear as night and day, people who says he got to prove himself, why? We might not actually like the sound of this but...there are a few better clubs to play for atm such as Madrid, Barca, Bayern and to some extent even Atletico. The players don't have the fan mind, they view this sport as a job not some romantic story. If he can't get into the 1st team here he will go ''fuck it I am off to Dortmund for all I care'' I will be competing in CL every season anyway.

I agree that he shouldn't have everything handed to him on a plate but in this case he deserve it after being world class for 3 seasons in a role, more than proved himself during then. If Messi was coming here now to replace Hazard I am sure no one would give a damn if Hazard is sold, we only do for Cech atm because we feel sorry of ditching Cech after everything he gave us, but this is real life, football is also a business in a sense, the old days of just good fun kicking around and go to watch to waste time are over, now the global images, long term prospects, financial situation all play a massive part in this sport.

If we had an 10 years old Audi which still run well as new but if we are given a new Mercedes just came out last year for a cut price we can only afford by selling our Audi, obviously we should take it. The same is here now, for all we know Cech could break his hand in like December next year while Courtois is having the best season of his life for PSG or something.

there wont be any rotation in goal next season. GK position aint a position to rotate like you can do it with other positions. there are 2 options:

either cech will be sold and courtois our no 1 or courtois will be sold. I dont think that he will agree to be loaned out once again. for that, his reputation is way too big and he is already a player who attracts interest from a lot of clubs. But there arent many reasons to sell Cech, he is playing a good and solid season....I dont want to be in the position making this decision to be honest.

there wont be any rotation in goal next season. GK position aint a position to rotate like you can do it with other positions. there are 2 options:

either cech will be sold and courtois our no 1 or courtois will be sold. I dont think that he will agree to be loaned out once again. for that, his reputation is way too big and he is already a player who attracts interest from a lot of clubs. But there arent many reasons to sell Cech, he is playing a good and solid season....I dont want to be in the position making this decision to be honest.

In life you take risk and live by your decision, so we take our. In logical sense, obviously we must sell Cech or keep him happy on the bench some how. For all we know Courtois could do a Ben Foster and fuck us massively next season, or become better than Neuer. Really it is risky but we have to make a decision.

In life you take risk and live by your decision, so we take our. In logical sense, obviously we must sell Cech or keep him happy on the bench some how. For all we know Courtois could do a Ben Foster and fuck us massively next season, or become better than Neuer. Really it is risky but we have to make a decision.

I dont think that Cech will sit on the bench. he has been voted the 2nd (or 3rd) best goalkeeper of the previous season and he is good this season too. He is too good to be a 2nd choice keeper and also he is way too expensive for a 2nd keeper. either we'll sell him and put Courtois in or we sell Courtois. As I said, I dont think that he will agree to be loaned out once again. especially if he will play a good WC in Brazil.

I dont think that Cech will sit on the bench. he has been voted the 2nd (or 3rd) best goalkeeper of the previous season and he is good this season too. He is too good to be a 2nd choice keeper and also he is way too expensive for a 2nd keeper. either we'll sell him and put Courtois in or we sell Courtois. As I said, I dont think that he will agree to be loaned out once again. especially if he will play a good WC in Brazil.

He already said he is not going out on loan again, he WILL MAKE A DECISION ON HIS FUTURE IN MARCH. But I agree it will probably be until the end of WC. At the moment he is like in top 5 in the world, he got nothing to prove anymore. If he could leave even for £20m I could see clubs like Madrid, PSG and maybe even City going in for him. Not to mention the likes of Napoli, Dortmund, Atletico...etc

Also, if everything about football is "business" and not sentiment, as said by some in the KDB topic, why should players act different and "love their club"? Players mean business too, and rightly so.

Who said we expect him to love Chelsea? We're only expecting him to honour his contract with us. If José decides he has to come and fight for his place then that is what will happen. He just said "I don't decide what happens with my future" and rightly so...we're not some little pushover of a club in desperate need of money.

I agree that in the long-term it isn't really viable to keep both him and Cech; maybe just for one year though. I would also favour having 15 years of Courtois over another 5 years of Cech. But at the same time he also can't moan his way into the squad or into a move without kicking a ball in a Chelsea shirt first. I think its disrespectful. Courtois is nothing compared to this club.

We're not asking him to love the club, we're simply asking him to respect the club, its wishes and the contract he has signed. And if that is considered crazy then I just don't know anymore...

So Mak, are you "nothing" compared to the contract you signed with your employer?

If your job starts sucking and you don't feel it's going the way you want it to go, are you just going to keep working there or are you going to start looking for a solution?

The fact that football players make millions of pounds every year doesn't change the fact that it's still a job and it has to be satisfactory. Players make millions, club owners make billions.

So Mak, are you "nothing" compared to the contract you signed with your employer?

If your job starts sucking and you don't feel it's going the way you want it to go, are you just going to keep working there or are you going to start looking for a solution?

The fact that football players make millions of pounds every year doesn't change the fact that it's still a job and it has to be satisfactory. Players make millions, club owners make billions.

I don't know how it's possible for a job to 'suck' before its even started...

It's not that hard to see. Him and Cech are practically equals. One will have to sit on the bench. That's a 50% chance of job suckage.

Listen, he would every right to moan if he was here and he was on the bench, but the fact is he isn't. I want him to be our no.1. But I also don't think people should be acting like he's God, tiptoeing around him to match his every demand before he has even arrived here...you're giving into player power and that isn't good! Just look at us a few years ago and the constant circus in Madrid if you don't believe me!

That's as much as I'm going to say on the matter.