Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Sounds to me like Thibaut's afraid of the competition! He wants assurances he is going to be the definite number 1? Those assurances should not, under any circumstance, be given. He should be made to fight for his place. If Cech stays and Courtois is benched, it'll be because Cech deserves his place.

Why shouldn't he seek first choice designation? Dude is one of the best GKs in the world. He'd be stupid not to want to be first choice. And, if he can't be first choice at Chelsea then he should go to a team where he will be first choice. The only reason to not strive to be a first choice GK is if he starts performing poorly.

At the very least he should expect a first choice GK position which will be his to loose, not a second choice GK fighting for first choice position.

Why shouldn't he seek first choice designation? Dude is one of the best GKs in the world. He'd be stupid not to want to be first choice. And, if he can't be first choice at Chelsea then he should go to a team where he will be first choice. The only reason to not strive to be a first choice GK is if he starts performing poorly.

At the very least he should expect a first choice GK position which will be his to loose, not a second choice GK fighting for first choice position.

Sure he's a great goalkeeper, but demanding the number 1 jersey without even earning it? Not for me. Seems to me like he's got ego problems; either that or he's scared he won't start because he knows he can't compete with Cech. He should come in and expect to earn the number 1 jersey the same way Cech did with Carlo. The difference is Cech supplanted a good goalkeeper; Courtois has to supplant an exceptional one. Good luck, you'll need it.

How does Courtois "fight for his place" with another top class keeper, though?

When would he get a start in order to prove himself if Cech started the season? When would you decide to pull Cech and put Courtois in? It's not like if you start the season with Cech as the #1 and he concedes a couple so you throw Courtois in. Both are far too good to be fighting for a place with anyone or be on the bench. Don't think either would agree to being resigned to the bench more often than not. A keeper needs stability. Why would either Cech or Courtois want to fight for a place when they could both start for a big club? Just makes no sense.

If Courtois is recalled next season then Cech should be sold to the highest bidder OUTSIDE of the Premier League. Should have no shortage of suitors. Maybe even Atletico.

Competition in goal is different from outfield, you can't make a tactical sub from the goalkeeper in the match, like you can with say attacking midfield to make sure Mata is still getting a decent amount of minutes.

Im not saying give them a free pass, yes have a good keeper like Schwarzer, Pantilimon, Lindegaard, Tremmell that would keep whoever out of Cech and Courtois on their toes, but having two world class keeper's just isn't practical.

Absolutely agreed, but why should Courtois be told: "Yes, you can come here and be number 1" without even putting on a pair of gloves in a training session? THAT is what strikes me as impractical.

Competition in goal is different from outfield, you can't make a tactical sub from the goalkeeper in the match, like you can with say attacking midfield to make sure Mata is still getting a decent amount of minutes.

Im not saying give them a free pass, yes have a good keeper like Schwarzer, Pantilimon, Lindegaard, Tremmell that would keep whoever out of Cech and Courtois on their toes, but having two world class keeper's just isn't practical.

Absolutely agreed, but why should Courtois be told: "Yes, you can come here and be number 1" without even putting on a pair of gloves in a training session? THAT is what strikes me as impractical.

I don't think/believe Courtois thinks/said that tbh. But he does want a fair shot - not just an a priori fixed bench role, which can happen with a legend as Cech around. That is only fair to ask, and he is right to do so imo. He did not demand a no1 role, only said he isn't coming back just to sit on the bench. Big difference that most papers do not grasp.

True, i would hope that if or when he returns that the other keeper is good enough for Jose to do what Pellegrini did to Hart i he has a wobble.

Well i think some might say that he's earned a shot at being our nr 1 goalkeeper because of his performances at Atletico.

Sure he's a great goalkeeper, but demanding the number 1 jersey without even earning it? Not for me. Seems to me like he's got ego problems; either that or he's scared he won't start because he knows he can't compete with Cech. He should come in and expect to earn the number 1 jersey the same way Cech did with Carlo. The difference is Cech supplanted a good goalkeeper; Courtois has to supplant an exceptional one. Good luck, you'll need it.

it's not really about demanding the number 1 jersey. Think he just wants to be assured that he'll get his shot at the beginning of the season.

Courtois demanding an automatic place in the team is like me putting no effort into an essay, slapping a lecturer and telling him to give me a first. It ain't gonna happen, not with José around.

There is a difference between asking a fair shot (Cech does bear a legend status!) and asking for an automatic first place. He never did that, Alex.

Another reason is that he is into the final 2 years of his contract now and his father said he won't extend his deal if he isn't made number 1, not even a fight is up for debate atm. So either we use him or risk losing him for very small fee or eventually free in 2 years, our choice.

I'm just going by this.

Courtois demanding an automatic place in the team is like me putting no effort into an essay, slapping a lecturer and telling him to give me a first. It ain't gonna happen, not with José around.

So basically the loan Chelsea arranged to make Courtois a better player, which is essentialy a prolonged trainingsession, has no merit? Then what's the point in loaning someone out to begin with?

Ofcourse he has no guaranteed first spot, there's no such thing, but he has at least earned the right to start the season as nr1, considering he was bought to be our keeper for a decade and has been arguably better than Cech the last 2 years.

Either that or sell him.

We're practically doing the exact same with Luiz and Cahill this season with both getting chances and then going by form. We haven't yet (that I remember) once made a "Tactical" sub by bringing one for the other. .

We're practically doing the exact same with Luiz and Cahill this season with both getting chances and then going by form. We haven't yet (that I remember) once made a "Tactical" sub by bringing one for the other. .

Luiz and Cahill is similar to having a top keeper and decent squad one anyway. Luiz is the one who has all the tools to be well, whatever he wants to be, while Cahill is the player keeping David on his toes.

Even saying that, rotation in defense happens a lot more than in goal anyway. Goalkeeper is a completely different ball game.

well did your institute transfer u to another institute, saying that "first prove urself worthy of our high standards, then we ll consider uand let u sit in our classrooms".

now, during your time in the "lower and transfered institutes" u topped your classes and now u know that there are other universities with better offers waiting for u, so why would not u try and play your hand in this institute specially considering how much the student of the institute is slipping down these days.

also u cant compare a GK situation to a normal footballing situation. we bought willian, took our time to bring him into the first team, altered the line-ups, played him in different positions and have atlast got our best combo. how do u propose we do that with our GKs?

You guys are worrying too much...

TC will have the ultimate stage to prove to Mourinho via Champs League and World Cup... Afterwards, you guys can fight over Tc vs Cech...