Theo Walcott

I wouldn't say that. His passing and assisting register is quite narrow but for short passes, short through balls and short crosses he's decent

Yeah but we want/need a 'chameleon', not a player with only 1 capability/trick up his sleeves.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forget the one regarded by the man who coached Shevchenko as the quickest player he has ever seen. Daniel Sturridge

I also remember Frank saying that Bertrand is also one of the quickest players around.

I also remember Frank saying that Bertrand is also one of the quickest players around.

Van Aanholt is incredibly quick as well

Yeah but we want/need a 'chameleon', not a player with only 1 capability/trick up his sleeves.

I don't regard him as a winger but rather as a central complement striker. I use to think his movements are quite good, beside the fact he's incredibly quick. Diagonal runs through the defense, good timing.

I do not pretend he's the missing piece of the puzzle, I just think he's a decent opportunity among other ones for a cheap price

I don't regard him as a winger but rather as a central complement striker. I use to think his movements are quite good, beside the fact he's incredibly quick. Diagonal runs through the defense, good timing.

I do not pretend he's the missing piece of the puzzle, I just think he's a decent opportunity among other ones for a cheap price

Get your point bu think right now, we should be getting in players who is gonna be a starter and a quality one at RW. Getting squad players can wait.

I am not a huge fan of walcott, though that may be mainly due to the fact that i hate with extreme passion the shirt in which he plays for.

Pros.- He is 23 and can get better, also he is probably the fastest player in the premier league. I did see somewhere saying he ran 100 metres in the quickest time though i cant find it and the point is we all know he has pace. If he is cheap then i wouldn't mind buying him that much providing his role is as a squad/rotation player and not as our new starting right wing. One of his strnegths that we could utilize is in that last 20 mins against tiring left backs then walcott running at them can be very useful.

For me the fact he is english is a bonus as i do like to see english players in the squad, However as others have stated before the club is much more important and i would rather have a great squad. If he was a random who we didn't know much of from further a field then i would probably see this as an extremely bad move. But im not totally against and warming to the idea. Also the added bonus of Arsenals squad falling apart could also be worth it.

So in conclusion, providing he will be purchased with a squad/impact player role then i am fine with it and it will be up to him to prove himself here, however he is no hulk in terms of a permanent right wing position.

Edit just saw a newspaper saying we will be trying to swoop in for both him and bacary sagna.

Also what would be very weird is that if we were to sign him and sturridge were to stay here then, the whole walcott or sturridge debate will be risen. For example, sturridge didn't even get in the england squad wheras walcott did, though i think sturridge is better than walcott, so assuming sturridge doesn't start, do we use him mainly as a RW sub or will he be our Torres sub, as he prefers ST. Though i would like to see Lukaku given a real go this season as i think he is our 2nd choice striker wheras last year he was like our 4th choice.

He's done well for a lad who's been playing out of position for 6 years and at a young age too

Still remember this goal and as he was running, automatic reflex shotued out, "Holy Shit..."

Would of laughed if Ade shot it wide or over the bar

He's done well for a lad who's been playing out of position for 6 years and at a young age too

Still remember this goal and as he was running, automatic reflex shotued out, "Holy Shit..."

Would of laughed if Ade shot it wide or over the bar

He was 19 or 20 in that clip I think. Still an amazing run, utter class. If he could play like that more often then I would happily take him but all he does now is 20 yard touch and sprints with no end product.

He said it several times, his father is a die hard Loserpool fan. I remember that Walcott stated it after or before that quarter final at Anfield.

Plays for Arsenal and supports Liverpool and may potentially join us. Wow. Just wow...

Ashley Cole said in his book that he's still an Arsenal fan & that Wenger is the best coach he worked with. He said his departure was due to Arsenal's prehistoric board

Otherwise Ryan Bertrand is also an Arsenal fan (said it on twitter), for 4 months I read that I did not manage to get used to this awful awful fact. :cry:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You