The English Football Thread

Steve

What pains me most about our team is how weak the midfield is, people expect great things from Mikel and reckon he's the best DM in the league lmao.

The reality is Mikel couldn't get in any other team what competes for top 4. Ramires is a good player but we don't know how long that will last as his game relies on pace.

The dude in your avatar is one of the greatest midfielders we've ever had, and the funny thing is some people on this forum reckons Mikel has potential to match his level.

Agree with that 100%.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

:lol: at Spurs. AVB being screwed at Goodison once again.

Everton deserved the win anyway. Dominated the game. Created the better chances. Those were pretty sporadic for Spurs and they got lucky with their goal.

With that win. Everton move up into 4th. Spurs drop to 5th. West Brom go down to 6th. All 3 have 26 points though and they sit 3 points behind us. None of them can overtake us next weekend in the league UNLESS they rack up the goals to cover up the GD.

:lol: at Spurs. AVB being screwed at Goodison once again.

Everton deserved the win anyway. Dominated the game. Created the better chances. Those were pretty sporadic for Spurs and they got lucky with their goal.

With that win. Everton move up into 4th. Spurs drop to 5th. West Brom go down to 6th. All 3 have 26 points though and they sit 3 points behind us. None of them can overtake us next weekend in the league UNLESS they rack up the goals to cover up the GD.

There's only 1 PL game while we're away? Good then that we stay in 3rd.

There's only 1 PL game while we're away? Good then that we stay in 3rd.

Yeah. We have a GD of 11. Everton - 7. Spurs - 4. West Brom - 3.

Next weekend:

Stoke v Everton

Tottenham v Swansea

West Brom v West Ham

And not forgetting Arsenal, they are on 24 points at the moment. They travel to the Madejski to face Reading(again) next.

What pains me most about our team is how weak the midfield is, people expect great things from Mikel and reckon he's the best DM in the league lmao.

The reality is Mikel couldn't get in any other team what competes for top 4. Ramires is a good player but we don't know how long that will last as his game relies on pace.

The dude in your avatar is one of the greatest midfielders we've ever had, and the funny thing is some people on this forum reckons Mikel has potential to match his level.

Now Kojo, you're going to start rumours of a love affair between us if we agree anymore, so don't get me started on how great The Mak was...maybe i'll rant in the Mikel thread later! :D

Edit: It's also a shame about the guy in your avatar, our midfield is crying out for the likes of the Bison (before all the injuries of course). And anytime anyone even mentions Mikel's abilities in the same breath as Makélelé's, point me in their direction!!!

lol at first I thought Ferdinand injured himself but the coin was there

His reaction on Twitter - "what a result,3points! Sweet! Whoever threw that coin,what a shot! Can't believe it was a copper 2p....could have at least been a £1 coin!"

Now Kojo, you're going to start rumours of a love affair between us if we agree anymore, so don't get me started on how great The Mak was...maybe i'll rant in the Mikel thread later! :D

Edit: It's also a shame about the guy in your avatar, our midfield is crying out for the likes of the Bison (before all the injuries of course). And anytime anyone even mentions Mikel's abilities in the same breath as Makélelé's, point me in their direction!!!

Don't you worry i will, I'll even write down their address whilst I'm at it.

And poor Essien, i hate knee injuries :(