• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Foul started outside the box. Also I think Giroud made a clear foul on goalkeeper. On all other VAR related situations this week I agree. 

Btw if you take last 13 PL rounds from possible 39 points Utd and Tottenham took just 15. Yet they don't get anything from the media. After Paris Ole won just 3 games from 16.

Foul started outside the box. Also I think Giroud made a clear foul on goalkeeper. On all other VAR related situations this week I agree.  Btw if you take last 13 PL rounds from possible 39 points Utd and Tottenham took just 15. Yet they don't get anything from the media. After Paris Ole won just 3 games from 16.

It doesn't matter, as the offence continues inside the box. I believe a number of decisions ought to have been changed (foul on Azpi, Martial & Kane); this sort of handling of VAR will backfire once teams step into European competition, etc.  

Anyone else in Ole's shoes would have been sacked. Got to feel for someone like Moyes in comparison.

15 hours ago, Tomo said:

The fact a lot of people had Spurs as dead cert for 3rd and even in some cases challenging the top two just goes to show how lazy the average fan and pundit is in predicting things.

Any proper research and knowledge of Spurs's situation and you would know they are in a lot of shit, they started last season well results wise but performances declined then the results caught up with them, a riddled by luck run to the CL final has masked over what has been a spectacular collapse. 

Indeed. They have won only 4 of their last 15 league games, losing 8 of them. And those 4 wins came against lesser sides in Palace, Brighton, Huddersfield and Aston Villa.

Gotta wonder if things have just grown stale at Spurs. They haven't really added any genuine quality players and have been relying on the same core of players. Can only perform consistently for so long. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Indeed. They have won only 4 of their last 15 league games, losing 8 of them. And those 4 wins came against lesser sides in Palace, Brighton, Huddersfield and Aston Villa.

Gotta wonder if things have just grown stale at Spurs. They haven't really added any genuine quality players and have been relying on the same core of players. Can only perform consistently for so long. 

Let's hope so they lost 13 games last season in the league and still managed fourth which is an indictment of the quality of the premier league. Poch has got a face like a smacked arse he looks really disinterested and it would be fucking great if the new ground was a white elephant. Shit club even shittier fans.

16 hours ago, Miguelito said:

That's why if it's done by someone in a booth with very objective guidelines, it would make it more consistent...

Yes you give and take a little, but the point of extra/stoppage time is to add the time that was lost for various things...I for one don't remember any games when 5-6 minutes were added with no injuries or goals. Fergie time is different story that isn't about this conversation. If someone is getting special treatment, that's clearly wrong either way...

And per the laws of the game, the added time actually means "a minimum of ___ minutes". So just cause they don't blow it right at the time, doesn't mean they aren't doing it correctly. The ref could have meant a bit more than 4 minutes, and then there was some stoppages in the extra time that meant more was needed.

It's clear they low-ball the stoppage time almost every game. It's like how they used to never actually give 10 yards, it was really only ever 8 (they've gotten better at this). It's little things that are not hard to fix

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Its horse shit thats what it is mate in epl. They give 4min and blow in the 6th min. Our super cup game vs Bayern the ref gave 3min on top of extra min and they scored right at the death. And Fergie time is fully valid in this discussion, they did it then and can easily do it now. But I get your point my friend.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

They have definitely stagnanted, i called it last year even when they were getting results. The notion that's it's a sign of a great team to grind out results is a myth, well one off games ok but if you are doing it for an extended period you're always on borrowed time and the results will eventually dry up, happened to us through 2015 and to an extent the 17/18 season, United through 2018 and now Spurs.

I didn't expect them to fall this badly but it's beenclear for about a year that Spurs are on a downward spiral, not adequately replacing Walker and Rose (the latter is still there but he's been crap since his long lay off)  while neglecting a declined midfield (until this summer) is the start of where it all went wrong.

2017 i felt it was only a matter of time before they won the league, thankgod that never materialised.

VAR is so inconsistent. 

It's good to have the technology but it's not being implemented properly. 

Oh well I guess that's what you get when you first start using it. 

Hopefully after some time it can get better. 

Christian Eriksen left in limbo as contract stand-off with Tottenham intensifies

Eriksen has made it clear he is only interested in a move to Spain but neither Real Madrid or Barcelona have come in for him.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/christian-eriksen-left-limbo-contract-19008407

12 hours ago, Fernando said:

VAR is so inconsistent. 

It's good to have the technology but it's not being implemented properly. 

Oh well I guess that's what you get when you first start using it. 

Hopefully after some time it can get better. 

It's becoming even worse than I feared.

Its not rectifying clear and obvious errors (like Azpi getting tripped up, what should have been a Cahill red card at OT) and worse changing correct decisions (Zouma's goal). Not only that it's punishing ball to hands where a players arm is stuck to their body (meaning no real advantage with it touching the hand) aswell as getting all particular about whether the tiniest part of a players body is offside.

It's been completely counter productive so far.

It's becoming even worse than I feared.
Its not rectifying clear and obvious errors (like Azpi getting tripped up, what should have been a Cahill red card at OT) and worse changing correct decisions (Zouma's goal). Not only that it's punishing ball to hands where a players arm is stuck to their body (meaning no real advantage with it touching the hand) aswell as getting all particular about whether the tiniest part of a players body is offside.
It's been completely counter productive so far.
It's solely down to the FA. They are following the new FIFA rules by the letter but allowing refs leeway in penalty calls, etc to prevent breaks in play.

The latter shouldn't be a thing at all, as most should know about the current standard of refeering in the Prem.

11 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Tottenham's strongest starting 11.

ECV41XSXoAAvMDp.png

Against City it was the right call. Ball clearly changed direction after Laporte handball. VAR fucked them against Newcastle with not given penalty on Kane. So I wouldn't say they have any benefit from VAR. 

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Against City it was the right call. Ball clearly changed direction after Laporte handball. VAR fucked them against Newcastle with not given penalty on Kane. So I wouldn't say they have any benefit from VAR. 

It was a tongue in cheek post and lets not stick up for Spurs on anything mate. Don't forget the decision against City in the Champions League as well.