The English Football Thread

Steve

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

I had somewhat made my peace with it as long ad we had hazard i was telling myself. Hazard de bruyne salah they cant play together all three so we at least kept the best. Now hazard is gone and the other two are still going strong and have elevated City and esp Pool to the 2 best sides in world football atm. So my anger is back.

i imagine those 3 would probably have won us the CL together under any decent manager

Hazard de bruyne salah they cant play together 

wooooooooo, I really have to disagree with that

The best AMF in the world, insane passer (De Bruyne)

and 2 pure assassin wingers

one on the LW (Eden) (top 2 or 3 LW in the world)

one on the RW (Salah) 2nd best  RW after Messi

that is close enough to devastation in those positions for me

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Interesting that even with the loss there's a lot of talk about positive signs for Arsenal. Which they were. Couldve done better if didn't have Luiz being Luiz. 

Have a horrible feeling this be Liverpools year. Especially after not winning it last year they'll want it more blahhh. 

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

Interesting that even with the loss there's a lot of talk about positive signs for Arsenal. Which they were. Couldve done better if didn't have Luiz being Luiz. 

Have a horrible feeling this be Liverpools year. Especially after not winning it last year they'll want it more blahhh. 

I do not think the dippers will top Shitty

just cannot see it

stranger things have happened though

Bournemouth seem to often give us a really tough time. But they are always City's absolute whipping boys. City are hardly even exerting themselves here and are totally dominant.

Will say though that Nathan Aké has looked class as usual. He'll 100% get another opportunity at a top 6 club. Wouldn't mind if it were us. 

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Bournemouth seem to often give us a really tough time. But they are always City's absolute whipping boys. City are hardly even exerting themselves here and are totally dominant.

Will say though that Nathan Aké has looked class as usual. He'll 100% get another opportunity at a top 6 club. Wouldn't mind if it were us. 

it should be 1 1

they missed a sitter due to a last minute block

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Probably the best FK you'll see. I was honestly surprised Liverpool let him go out on loan.

I agree, especially as they bought nothing this summer, and they are deffo light up front after the 3 superstar starters

Don't get me wrong, Sterling is a great player these days. But I swear it seems like 90% of his goals are from inside the 6 yard box. The vast majority come from stunning team play with him reaping the benefits on the end of them. Obviously it takes great skill and know-how to get into those positions, but you hear pundits and some fans calling him the best player in the league or the best winger in the world and stuff like that.

Nah, I'm not having that yet. Still don't think he's on Hazard's level. Not his all around play. Sterling is a great player who is made to look world class in Pep's City setup. Hazard would be world class on any team whereas I don't think Sterling would.