• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

How can anyone say Luiz was the best CB we had?

At fault for Salah's brace

no one said that that I have seen

Rudiger is streets ahead of the others, and I always preferred AC over Luiz (which did get me stick for that)

Rudiger is streets ahead of the others, and I always preferred AC over Luiz (which did get me stick for that)
Should have stated, fit (at the time of his sale).

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Should have stated, fit (at the time of his sale).

I was not clear I guess

I have not seen anyone, since I have joined the board, that I can remember, who stated that Luiz was our best CB out of all the players under our contracts whether healthy or injured

If they did say that (especially in regards to Rudiger) then I would most definitely argue that that was pure tosh, and probably just someone trolling

I was not clear I guess
I have not seen anyone, since I have joined the board, that I can remember, who stated that Luiz was our best CB out of all the players under our contracts whether healthy or injured
If they did say that (especially in regards to Rudiger) then I would most definitely argue that that was pure tosh, and probably just someone trolling
People were saying it this month; just after he was sold and during/after the 4-0 against Utd.

8 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Really pisses you off.. He's earned whatever they paid for him for sure... 

Arsenal are woeful at Anfield... And 2 clear at the top. 

I had somewhat made my peace with it as long ad we had hazard i was telling myself. Hazard de bruyne salah they cant play together all three so we at least kept the best. Now hazard is gone and the other two are still going strong and have elevated City and esp Pool to the 2 best sides in world football atm. So my anger is back.

i imagine those 3 would probably have won us the CL together under any decent manager

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I had somewhat made my peace with it as long ad we had hazard i was telling myself. Hazard de bruyne salah they cant play together all three so we at least kept the best. Now hazard is gone and the other two are still going strong and have elevated City and esp Pool to the 2 best sides in world football atm. So my anger is back.

i imagine those 3 would probably have won us the CL together under any decent manager

Most important thing is we have learnt and making sure this doesn't happen with Mount, Odoi etc

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I actually thought he looked quite progressive going forward

streets ahead of the turgid Shaw and then the thug Young

Nah awb offer 0 threat offensively. The problem with united and solkjaer they bought a defensive rb and signed another left winger in Daniel James. Now they have 3 player in Rashford, Martial and James who all much2 better on the left. So their right side offer 0 threat offensively. 

Just now, Tomo said:

Most important thing is we have learnt and making sure this doesn't happen with Mount, Odoi etc

As much as i rate them. They are a tier below salah kdb in terms of talent and cho is still not signed. We as fans we will outlast any generatipn of players and we won titles in spite of these decisions so no need to be bitter

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
14 minutes ago, Vesper said:
I was not clear I guess

People were saying it this month; just after he was sold and during/after the 4-0 against Utd.

they were saying that Luiz was better than Rudiger?

show me this and I will so toss in my tuppence worth on that bollocks

they were saying that Luiz was better than Rudiger?
show me this and I will so toss in my tuppence worth on that bollocks
No, I'm talking about CB's that were fit during that time (Luiz, AC, Zouma, Tomori).

The 4-0 result seemingly justified that train of thought for some. I completely disagreed, of course.

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

As much as i rate them. They are a tier below salah kdb in terms of talent and cho is still not signed. We as fans we will outlast any generatipn of players and we won titles in spite of these decisions so no need to be bitter

Not saying he'll turn out as good but Mount is better than 20 year old versions of both, especially Salah.

Not saying he'll turn out as good but Mount is better than 20 year old versions of both, especially Salah.

You would expect so considering Salah had just moved to Europe at 20 years old. [emoji849]

Just now, LAM09 said:

You would expect so considering Salah had just moved to Europe at 20 years old. emoji849.png

The same age Salah got 10 goals in 50 games in the Swiss league and Europa, Mount looks a decent bet to trump that total playing PL and CL.

Anyway i only made that point because i disagree with ML's assessment that Mason isn't on the same tier as what those two were in their early 20's as i firmly believe he is, time will tell if he has a similar career.

The same age Salah got 10 goals in 50 games in the Swiss league and Europa, Mount looks a decent bet to trump that total playing PL and CL.
Anyway i only made that point because i disagree with ML's assessment that Mason isn't on the same tier as what those two were in their early 20's as i firmly believe he is, time will tell if he has a similar career.
Involved in 21 goals in his first season in Europe and Basel got to a EL semi IIRC - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mohamed-salah/leistungsdaten/spieler/148455/plus/0?saison=2012

Mount involved in 17 at Derby - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mason-mount/leistungsdaten/spieler/346483/plus/0?saison=2018

I highly doubt Mount will better either tally, but it's irrelevant nonetheless. Mount has a long way to go.