21. Ben Chilwell

Strike

48 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

The skill move against Semedo could have done any player. I really do not know why he was sleeping so bad. It was even easier because Davies was standing.
Defenders these days can't do even the basics right

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

it was the entirety of the play

and the final product

Seeing as we're now 24 hours from those rumors yesterday with no confirmation from John Percy (Leicester go to ITK) or Matt Law or really anyone reputable I think we can safely call them bullshit.

While it's pretty clear we're after him I doubt it's anywhere close to done. 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

I don't want anymore Spaniards players. Sorry I'm done with that market for now. The rising tide is on the Germans and English. These two countries are producing mass top talents. France too, but right now we are focusing on the German and English market. And obviously English market cost more but I'm okay with that. To have a top English player is worth it. At 23 if we can get 5 good years from him then it's worth it. 

There are plenty good spanish players around Fernando....I wouldnt mind BC if the price is good but it isnt sadly. We can get Regu and Taglia for the same fee or close to it.

Understand #Chelsea plan on Ben Chilwell having a medical this coming week. Price primarily agreed, structure to sort as I’m told the clubs are a way off with how much will be paid upfront & on a couple of clauses. I’m expecting #lcfc to iron the deal out fairly comfortably.

11 minutes ago, iceboy said:

Understand #Chelsea plan on Ben Chilwell having a medical this coming week. Price primarily agreed, structure to sort as I’m told the clubs are a way off with how much will be paid upfront & on a couple of clauses. I’m expecting #lcfc to iron the deal out fairly comfortably.

So its 40M now? That would make this deal much easier to swallow.....thats pretty good.

On 15/08/2020 at 7:25 PM, Pizy said:

Seeing as we're now 24 hours from those rumors yesterday with no confirmation from John Percy (Leicester go to ITK) or Matt Law or really anyone reputable I think we can safely call them bullshit.

While it's pretty clear we're after him I doubt it's anywhere close to done. 

Journalists are only as good as their source. If the clubs want the negotiations to remain private until it's resolved. They could decide not to let any information filter out. Or not allow the journalists to publish any information until it's done. It's possible they're not being briefed at all or they're being asked to hold on to the information until later. Generally the public only gets the information way after the event. Leaks can sometimes lead to deals being disrupted.

On 15/08/2020 at 8:35 PM, Atomiswave said:

There are plenty good spanish players around Fernando....I wouldnt mind BC if the price is good but it isnt sadly. We can get Regu and Taglia for the same fee or close to it.

Nicolás Tagliafico is an Argentine

he has only played in Europe since 2018

4 hours ago, iceboy said:

:(

Luke Thomas

looks like a Chilwell clone, almost exact same size

Luke Thomas of Leicester City in action during the Premier League ...

How Luke Thomas stands out the crowd as Brendan Rodgers gives ...

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

:(

Luke Thomas

looks like a Chilwell clone, almost exact same size

Luke Thomas of Leicester City in action during the Premier League ...

How Luke Thomas stands out the crowd as Brendan Rodgers gives ...

Tbf thomas was a disaster defensively in Leicester’s last few games bar the Sheffield one but he is 19 so will improve. For Leicester it is a perfect deal. Fuchs can help out as long as Thomas grows into the team and pocket 50m+ for other positions. Chilwell for the money would be a terrible signing for us. 

I bet most of the Leicester fans now saying Chillwell is shit are only saying that because they accepted a long time ago that he's leaving for a bigger club and are now desperate to bash him to feel better about it. Reminds me of Spurs fans when Walker went to City, he supposedly turned shit overnight too.

It's clear Chillwell didn't have a good end to the season but then again neither did anyone else at Leicester. Still you don't see them saying the likes of Söyüncü, Ndidi or Maddison are shit because they're not going anywhere but the fact is none of those players played any better than Chillwell either.

I too am not fully sold on Chillwell at a world-record fee for a LB but first of all I'd wait to see what the actual price ends up being if the deal does go through. If the initial fee is not something ridiculous and a big chunk of the full fee is tied to add-ons I'm fully behind the transfer so let's wait and see. As long as the LB signing, whether Chillwell or someone else, is kept within the budget so enough money is left to improve other areas I'm happy.

1 hour ago, Jype said:

I bet most of the Leicester fans now saying Chillwell is shit are only saying that because they accepted a long time ago that he's leaving for a bigger club and are now desperate to bash him to feel better about it. Reminds me of Spurs fans when Walker went to City, he supposedly turned shit overnight too.

It's clear Chillwell didn't have a good end to the season but then again neither did anyone else at Leicester. Still you don't see them saying the likes of Söyüncü, Ndidi or Maddison are shit because they're not going anywhere but the fact is none of those players played any better than Chillwell either.

I too am not fully sold on Chillwell at a world-record fee for a LB but first of all I'd wait to see what the actual price ends up being if the deal does go through. If the initial fee is not something ridiculous and a big chunk of the full fee is tied to add-ons I'm fully behind the transfer so let's wait and see. As long as the LB signing, whether Chillwell or someone else, is kept within the budget so enough money is left to improve other areas I'm happy.

Nah, LCFC fans have been saying he was sh*t/overrated for a long time. I went to their forum to see what they thought as I am not sold on him and thought I was maybe missing something. Turn's out they had the same opinion as I do. Average player who is vastly overrated and they think they could upgrade fairly easily. If big money comes in most of them will offer to drive him themselves. 

Only way this works out well is if this is some sort of SFL situation with WHU, although then, I actually rated SFL and had to defend his transfer with other football fans/Chelsea fans for the best part of 18 months after he signed. 

21 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Nah, LCFC fans have been saying he was sh*t/overrated for a long time. I went to their forum to see what they thought as I am not sold on him and thought I was maybe missing something. Turn's out they had the same opinion as I do. Average player who is vastly overrated and they think they could upgrade fairly easily. If big money comes in most of them will offer to drive him themselves. 

Only way this works out well is if this is some sort of SFL situation with WHU, although then, I actually rated SFL and had to defend his transfer with other football fans/Chelsea fans for the best part of 18 months after he signed. 

Yeah their fans are more than glad to get rid for such a fee, he is not worth such an outlay imo. Regu all day for me if we can iron out that buyback clause.