21. Ben Chilwell

Strike

Just now, Ryan Fong said:

Wow the negativities here is shocking, just enjoy this exciting new era of Chelsea don’t you ffs?! And quit playing FM for a while it messes your heads in real life.

It sounds like Lampard is the one who is playing FM more than us, everyone with two eyes can tell he isn't so good, we've been here before with Drinkwater and Bakayoko. Hope I'm wrong though.

Just now, killer1257 said:

I hope we still have some money for Havertz left. Would be furious if we sign Chilwell and have no money left for Havertz

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Chilwell deal has nothing to do with Havertz deal.

Just now, killer1257 said:

I hope we still have some money for Havertz left. Would be furious if we sign Chilwell and have no money left for Havertz

One would think the club have budgeted for this. And besides, Chilwell coming in means Emerson/Alonso will be sold.

On 8/17/2020 at 8:04 AM, BlueLyon said:

For anyone saying but Lamps wants him, so he must be good. 

Yes Lamps was a great great player and played with great players, but just how long is he a manager and how experienced is he with transfers? Right. And surely there will be english bias etc. 

Chilwell might turn well, but every single fan prefers cheaper and better alternatives. If Chilwell flops I hope the board gets sacked and we get someone who knows market better.

Are you sure its the board in this case?

I'm pretty sure the board will present a range of possible options to sign up for a particular position, but its the manager who makes the final pick., or at least has a decisive say, since the signing needs to fit his tactics.

There was that myth that the Chelsea board signed Torres., when it was actually Ancelloti who chose the player (most likely over Aguero). Carlo himself admitted this.

Regarding Chillwel, I'm not entirely sold. In a transfer window where we need to allocate funds for multiple signings, and when there were seemingly cheaper (and possibly better) options in LB, it is concerning.

The one saving grace is that the original 80 mill transfer fee that was rumored, is now less. And he's 23, so hopefully room for improvement

One would think the club have budgeted for this. And besides, Chilwell coming in means Emerson/Alonso will be sold.
It was always stated that we have enough money for Havertz, but we need to sell for other targets. Now it seems we will sign Chilwell first, so I thought maybe we need to sell now to afford Havertz

I hope that Conte stays, so we can sell Emerson to Inter. If Inter fires Conte, we will have a problem.