test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 2-0 Crystal Palace

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   22 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • James
    • Tomori
    • Zouma
    • Emerson
    • Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

338 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Not even about that at this point. We can open up a 9 point gap between 5th & Top 4.

Rather big at this stage

YEah that too mate.......but I rather lood forward than backwards even though I totally get your stance cuz top 4 is what we are after. Those behind us can go stuff themselves, we must look ahead and this is a good chance for that imo.

1 hour ago, Johnnyeye said:

bastard, are you jynxing it already? :D 

It's bloody obvious. Cahill will turn into peak Terry and block everything we throw at them and turn up at the other end to score from a corner for a 1-0 Palace win. 

manpe, Vesper, Atomiswave and 1 other like this

CP always play good vs us......Watch Zaha who has zero output this season battle for his life. And Watch for those refs, their masters wont allow us going 9pts ahead this early. Must go for the throat to win this.

manpe, Johnnyeye and Vesper like this

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's bloody obvious. Cahill will turn into peak Terry and block everything we throw at them and turn up at the other end to score from a corner for a 1-0 Palace win. 

i get where you're coming from, it wouldnt be the 1st time this kind of shit happened to us, but its all down to how well we play and convert our chances, while dealing with Palace threats. I know its easier said than done, but we need to do our part at home, no excuses.

Vesper and Atomiswave like this

If I recall correctly, in this fixture last season we almost totally shut Zaha down by swarming him with multiple players just about every time he touched the ball.

I still stick with my point the other day that 3-4-3 would be ideal here. Have Reece in there so he can match up with Zaha better and Azpi in the back 3.

Huge, huge game this. I fully expect Leicester will get at least a point against Arse. I care much less about the gap between us and City and much more about the gap between us and Arse/Spuds/United. All 3 points here and we can kick our feet up, chill, and hope for some nice chaos throughout the rest of the weekend.

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'll be amazed if Leicester do anything over than win comfortably.

Hope so. Emery is done if so. Their fight for top 4 is done already if they fall 9 points behind. After the amount they spent in the summer it would be inexcusable to be 9 points off the pace in early November.

Tomo, Vesper, manpe and 1 other like this

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Hope so. Emery is done if so. Their fight for top 4 is done already if they fall 9 points behind. After the amount they spent in the summer it would be inexcusable to be 9 points off the pace in early November.

If Arsenal's end goal is to simply qualify for the Champions League, then they might not sack Emery just yet if they lose at Leicester. They still got the Europa League as another option.

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this