Super Frank Thread

51 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Anyone bashing lampard isn't a Chelsea fan full stop. They should go support Liverpool or City.

Guys earned so much respect here it's ridiculous to even think about it.

By far the biggest problem with our fanbase and why we get called "plastic" etc. Laughable

maybe I missed it but I have not seen any 'bash Lamps' posts

43 minutes ago, Bosnian Blue said:

Well then go watch Juventus

Well than keep quiet and don't reply to me? I remember you shitting on him when he was the coach and he ended up achieving all his goals. Just for the record Bournemouth played 3 times better than the shithouse United was today says a lot.

39 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I see this "i will take the rough times aslong as the manager plays youth" stance is over the minute it becomes real :lol:

heh please don't generalize comments made by a few.

Overplaying youngsters has NEVER worked. I know we have a lot of folks who are excited about developing youth, I am too, but it's a slow process most of the time with very few exceptions.

On my end, would rather avoid thrashings like this if we can help it. And this sort of result does nothing in developing the youth.

Lampard needs to do better. This is the sort of game that a mourinho approach would be justified. Play the senior who are avail and fit, and close down shop.

Was expecting more from lampard today.

47 minutes ago, milka said:

I think we cannot finish in top four . This is  the reality . So young team 

big if, but IF we soon get Rudiger back, and he stays healthy

same for Reece

Kante stays healthy

and same for CHO as Reece and Rudiger

I absolutely think we can still finish 4th, as long as Arse's back 4 lets them down and Manure reverts to form of the past few years

but I will so take 6th (we at least need to top the other 5 top 'lesser sides, Leicester, West Ham, Wolves, Watforn, and Everton)

8th or lower is trouble, big trouble, as no Europe revenue (although it will 90% likely NOT be Franks fault, he was dealt a shit hand)

2 minutes ago, Hutcho said:
22 minutes ago, Vesper said:
maybe I missed it but I have not seen any 'bash Lamps' posts

There's a couple in here and a shit ton as always on all social media which is impossible to avoid. Just frustrating

social media, especially Twitter, is a shithole

I never pay attention to it, other than actual journo's posts

14 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeOr53pxTPg

At least Lampard is making the right conclusions of the game. A lot of individual mistakes. What I think is weird is that Mou did not say anything to Zouma´s performance, which was worse that Christensens.

This only works once.

If it becomes a norm, players will start asking themselves why it's always their fault and the manager is never wrong.

Just now, Robchels said:

This only works once.

If it becomes a norm, players start asking themselves why it's always their fault and the manager is never wrong.

If Zouma makes a stupid tackle, what fault has Lamps in it? Only fault that Lamps made was that he let Zouma play because Rüdiger was not ready. We made four individual mistakes and that is the problem.

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeOr53pxTPg

At least Lampard is making the right conclusions of the game. A lot of individual mistakes. What I think is weird is that Mou did not say anything to Zouma´s performance, which was worse that Christensens.

I so doubt he is the type to toss a player under the bus in public after the first game of the year

his only other CB option is Tomori, so if went all ratch on Happy, he would alienate 33% of his available centre backs

55 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

If Zouma makes a stupid tackle, what fault has Lamps in it? Only fault that Lamps made was that he let Zouma play because Rüdiger was not ready. We made four individual mistakes and that is the problem.

We may have a disagreement regarding the final scoreline ;) 

BTW, He was also part of the decision-making regarding luiz situation. Perhaps he though Zouma was good enough being a "pure defender" whatever the fuck that means?

Regardless, my point was not about Zouma, but the other choices, including high defense line with the likes of Zouma in the mix. Was kante fit? Wasn't Giroud fit? Why subbing off Barkley who was very lively? Could've played Kante next forming a trio CMs for example, even if Kante was a sure sub in the second half (doubt it since he was sitting on the bench).

heck he could've played Pedro as a false 9 instead of Tammy.

I think Lamps gave too much credit to pre-season development and the team he used there. I have to say it looked like an attacking-minded naive starting lineup considering the match in question.

10 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

love frank and am willing to suffer through this banter season, the situation we are in is not his fault. Having said that, W]we obviously weren't there and don't know exactly how it went down, but it now seems in retrospect that the way the Luiz situation was handled was a mistake.

Like him or not, I think he would have been very valuable stabiziling influence for young squad. Not to mention that he was our best passing/ball playing defender by a billion miles...Maybe Lamps didn't have to announce to him that he was 4th choice so adamantly? He was a great asset and we could have used him to go to a back 3 (formation where the thrives and that could help us given our defense is so shite) occasionally.

Not sure that was dealt with in the best way but as I said, we weren't there and perhaps luiz really didn't leave him much choice... Still think someone very experienced like a carlo would have been able to somehow ease the tensions and keep everyone happy but who knows...

Maybe a rudiger-christiansen back line soon? zouma was shocking.. so was azpi so reece james can't get fit soon enough.

Still haven't lost hope for the season and think the players that will be coming back will be a great help (CHO, RLC, Rudi, James) but top 4 already feeling like a pipedream unfortunately :(

the Luiz situ is bizarre, I do admit that

surely he must have the self-confidence that he would be one of the first 3 CB's to play

there is ZERO chance we can roll every single match with Rudiger (who isnt even playing atm) and AC

if Luiz thought he was worse than Zouma, then he is just crazy (well he is partially crazy anyway, lolol)

it was just such insanely poor timing

it has truly left us hanging, UNLESS (and I am praying for this) Tomori comes good to such an extant that he does indeed (or would have) made Luiz redundant

I have so not seen that Tomori yet

we all best hope he arrives soon (and Rudiger gets healthy FAST)

I do not see (and this is exactly like Alonso and Sarri) what Frank sees in Zouma

at least with Alonso you had the excuse of big height (Zouma is big) and a great free kick taker (Zouma will probably never take a free kick in his Chels career), and Happy is only passed on the shit passer list by Donkeybaka

20 minutes ago, Mana said:

I knew from the very start this was going to happen, so this result doesn't surprise me. And I expect more 4-0, 5-0 beatings this season, because our squad isn't good enough.

And as for Lampard, I have nothing to say about him as I said I will reserve judgement until October. I treat all managers/coaches fairly.

Don't criticise until September. 

48 minutes ago, Mana said:

I knew from the very start this was going to happen, so this result doesn't surprise me. And I expect more 4-0, 5-0 beatings this season, because our squad isn't good enough.

And as for Lampard, I have nothing to say about him as I said I will reserve judgement until October. I treat all managers/coaches fairly.

hmm you talk as if our starting XI was not filled with national team starters. When Rudiger is back, both him and Andreas start for their respective national teams. Azpi is selectable on the right - only Emerson is not in contention for Brazil. Zouma is poor, but Lampard was behind Luiz departure, so...

In midfield all three players are strong internationals, one being a key player for the last World Champion. The striker, who bizarrely did not start today was also in that same winning WC side. Ross Barkley starts for England and has given good performances so far.

Yes, once we go into wingers and AM, we are lacking, even considering Willian as an international as well. But let's not pretend we aren't a lot stronger than the vast majority of the PL teams. So, yes, Lampard should be given time, but he also needs to do better and adjust accordingly. For example, if he does not have the quality to keep possession, then don't. If the defenders are lacking at the moment protect them by having more defensive mids in the lineup, not more attackers/wingers.

Wasn't the main criticism of Sarri how inflexible he was?

The fixture list we have is not helping all those hard matches piling up is the least ideal start for a young team that still needs to find its feet.

At least the likelihood is low that too many of our players get called up for national team duty so they will be training and fresh for Wolves.

42 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

The fixture list we have is not helping all those hard matches piling up is the least ideal start for a young team that still needs to find its feet.

At least the likelihood is low that too many of our players get called up for national team duty so they will be training and fresh for Wolves.

At least we have gotten one big away fixture out of the way...

Between now and early November, we will face only one of the big sides in the league - Liverpool in September. So, one would hope that we will pick up wins during that period.