Super Frank Thread

4 hours ago, Strike said:

I think our strongest team is: Kepa, Reece, Rudiger, Christensen, Emerson, Kante, RLC, Mount, Pulisic, Callum, Abraham

with Giroud, Barkley, Kova, Kennedy, Jorginho as options going forward and Azpi, Tomori, Zouma, Alonso as defensive cover. 

This season has the potential to be special if someone is able to get the goals. 

jorginho as option...okay 

5 hours ago, Strike said:

I think our strongest team is: Kepa, Reece, Rudiger, Christensen, Emerson, Kante, RLC, Mount, Pulisic, Callum, Abraham

with Giroud, Barkley, Kova, Kennedy, Jorginho as options going forward and Azpi, Tomori, Zouma, Alonso as defensive cover. 

This season has the potential to be special if someone is able to get the goals. 

Aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves here? I'm all for blooding the young players into the starting XI but not okay with replacing practically the entire XI with them. There needs to be a good/fine balance between experience and youth because we would still want to be competitive at the very least, like finishing in the top 6 and not in the bottom 5/10 or something!

Furthermore that lineup is questionable because (a) some of those players are still injured, will return at different times and will take time to get going again, (b) in the case of James, he did well in the Championship last season but we still don't know how he will make that transition to the Premier League and (c) that midfield will get overrun easily - Kante is not a sitting defensive midfielder and if we get Mount or Loftus-Cheek to sit, we're negating their biggest strength, which is going forward.

Aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves here? I'm all for blooding the young players into the starting XI but not okay with replacing practically the entire XI with them. There needs to be a good/fine balance between experience and youth because we would still want to be competitive at the very least, like finishing in the top 6 and not in the bottom 5/10 or something!
Furthermore that lineup is questionable because (a) some of those players are still injured, will return at different times and will take time to get going again, (B) in the case of James, he did well in the Championship last season but we still don't know how he will make that transition to the Premier League and © that midfield will get overrun easily - Kante is not a sitting defensive midfielder and if we get Mount or Loftus-Cheek to sit, we're negating their biggest strength, which is going forward.
I believe he wants Ruben loftus cheek as the defensive midfielder with Kante playing number 10 and mount number 11. Tammy as striker and 2 wingers. So a balanced 4 1 5.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

One thing I really appreciate is playing Mount and Barkley on left "winger" position. We have SO MANY good midfielders, not so many good wingers, and now with Kovanteinho in form, I can see them being first choice.

So RLC, Mount and Barkley won't just compete for most-advanced-mid position, they will also compete with the likes of Willian, Pedro, Pulisic and CHO for winger position so everyone could get their minutes and we should be good.

Thing that bothers me the most actually is playing Azpi and James... Our captain is in decline I think, and Reece is the next big thing. Tough decision ahead of Frank.

(... don't even know who would be our captain if Dave doesn't play, I hope to God it isn't Willian :( )

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Furthermore that lineup is questionable because (a) some of those players are still injured, will return at different times and will take time to get going again, (b) in the case of James, he did well in the Championship last season but we still don't know how he will make that transition to the Premier League and (c) that midfield will get overrun easily - Kante is not a sitting defensive midfielder and if we get Mount or Loftus-Cheek to sit, we're negating their biggest strength, which is going forward.

I don't think so. Only way to know is try out a team like that- young, super quick. There can be times when the team loses shape but it is worth the risk to test it out because I think a team like that could be brilliant going forward

On 15/08/2019 at 1:05 AM, 1905didierblue said:

Liverpool are the best team in the world and we gave them a run for their money. Probably even deserved to win. I love the movement. Love how people trust each other on the ball. We have given a very good account of ourselves against 2 top 4 PL teams. 

Still it's a long way, and I am sure we will have our ups and downs. But you can see that we will be fine. More than just fine, we will be great if Frank is given time. 

As for the negative Nellie's, go fuck yourselves.

Don't agree buddy.

Victimpool are not the best team in the world if anybody is atm it Shitty.

And Manure a top four team not anymore they're not, top six at best.

Negative nellies, i totally agree:D

This is from a Lampard luvvie as Mana calls us:wub:

22 hours ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I believe he wants Ruben loftus cheek as the defensive midfielder with Kante playing number 10 and mount number 11. Tammy as striker and 2 wingers. So a balanced 4 1 5.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

RLC can be many things, but a DMF the lad is not

and Kante as a 10?

doubtful

On 15/08/2019 at 1:42 AM, DH1988 said:

Very confused, can only assume the ones being somewhat negative did not watch the game? Aside from Dave and Zouma, I thought we played really well against the European Champions. I was shocked at times how good some of our play was considering how little time Frank and Jody have had.

I'm pleasantly surprised and I'm glad we had a reality check against United.

I have been very critical of Zouma, but I thought he had a really good game v the Bindippers