Super Frank Thread

1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

We have plenty to sack to be honest

Yes, but under his coaching a £143m GK has regressed to damn near the worst in the league.

If that is not sacking time, nothing is.

I just wish that ppl on here would stop sniping, and criticising, what was the knockers expecting at the start of the season?

Everybody but everybody knew at the start that it was going to take time, but can you be tolerant nah! none of it, a few of you are slating Frank when he probably needs at least 3 seasons to turn things round, our young players are in their first season played a lot of games and are knackered, but you won't give them the chance, you want results now can't wait for the transition.

You knock Frank's team selections, his tactics, his substitutions, he can do no right as far as some of you are concerned, so what with you and the fucking board who have not supported him in the January window, he's fucked all round.

Me! I think a lot of you are expecting miracles, but with what he has at his disposal, I think he's doing really well considering.

Yes I get frustrated and angry like a lot of you it fucks my week up, but i'm in for the long haul, if we can finish fourth then I think it will be a good season, if not well he tried, but i'm still backing him to succeed given time.

Just now, Vesper said:

Yes, but under his coaching a £143m GK has regressed to damn near the worst in the league.

If that is not sacking time, nothing is.

Agree, too many rotten fruits with us. From the board to management to players. You cant build quality like that.

1 minute ago, bigbluewillie said:

I just wish that ppl on here would stop sniping, and criticising, what was the knockers expecting at the start of the season?

Everybody but everybody knew at the start that it was going to take time, but can you be tolerant nah! none of it, a few of you are slating Frank when he probably needs at least 3 seasons to turn things round, our young players are in their first season played a lot of games and are knackered, but you won't give them the chance, you want results now can't wait for the transition.

You knock Frank's team selections, his tactics, his substitutions, he can do no right as far as some of you are concerned, so what with you and the fucking board who have not supported him in the January window, he's fucked all round.

Me! I think a lot of you are expecting miracles, but with what he has at his disposal, I think he's doing really well considering.

Yes I get frustrated and angry like a lot of you it fucks my week up, but i'm in for the long, if we can finish fourth then I think it will be a good season, if not well he tried, but i'm still backing him to succeed given time.

Doing the basics should not take so many damn months to rectify, repeating the same mistakes will get us nowhere. But I agree this will take time, more likely alot more than expected initially. And there are no guarantees FL will be a hit, but get top4 back his ass and lets see what we can do after summer. For me its crucial we get CL footy. Top 4 has been in our hands all season, I for one will not be happy if we lose out to stinking spurs and manu.

5 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Yes I get frustrated and angry like a lot of you it fucks my week up, but i'm in for the long haul, if we can finish fourth then I think it will be a good season, if not well he tried, but i'm still backing him to succeed given time.

i am not going after Lamps at all (or very little)

I think the vast majority of blame belongs on the board and certain players (and no not Mount, I am not on the bash Mason train)

Hard to blame Lampard when the following are simply not anywhere near prime Chels material

these are now on the main roster

Kepa  (this needs to be fixed and SOON, starting with a coaching change) 
Willy Caballero (ok for now as a backup, but is NOT good enough, not even close, to be a starter)  
Kurt Zouma   (simply piss poor on the ball and makes too many mistakes, I have held my tongue for months, but this is the bottom line for me, not that anything will be done)
Andreas Christensen  (one word....WEAK)  
Emerson    
Marcos Alonso 
César Azpilicueta  (NOT acceptable as a LB, fine as a backup/rotation RB, but is a poor captain as well)
N'Golo Kanté   (not in his present role, he is crammed into the side and it unbalances us, this will not change under Lamps, as he is not a defensive, counter-attacking manager)
Ross Barkley   
Marco van Ginkel  (tragic injuries)
Lewis Baker   (why is he not sold??)
Danilo Pantic   (see Baker)
Willian (oki as a backup for the next 4 months, but to consider him as our best and main winger, as some have posited, is madness and damning of the level we are at, if we renew him for 2 or even the 3 (!!!) years he is demanding, this shows where we are headed and it isn't pretty)   
Pedro  (is dregs now, he is spent, good servant, but his race is run, it is insane we did not sell him to one of the many teams that wanted him, and then buy the red hot Boga, for a net cost of only £7-8m!!!)) 
Michy Batshuayi   (the death of top 4 hopes if Tammy goes down, utter pants as an all-round footballer)
Olivier Giroud   (needs to be used as we kept him) 

58 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

a few of you are slating Frank when he probably needs at least 3 seasons to turn things round,

He's never going to get three years the way things are going he'll be lucky to get three months. One of the biggest cliches but it's ultimately true that football is a results business and if results are going badly then your out it doesn't matter what your stature at the club is. We've seen double winning managers sacked, a champions league manager sacked, our most successful manager in our history sacked, a world cup winner sacked.

Lampard should get this season and if the club back him in the transfer market in the summer and by christmas things aren't going well he'll be out. I'm not anti Lampard nor am I a Lampard apologist If we don't get top four he'll be under severe pressure especially as we've had a decent lead on the team in fifth place and not capitalised on it.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

People will disagree with me, but there's one thing I'll always credit Lampard for.

He didn't pussy up and showed his frustration with the board for not backing him. He said he had players he wanted for the window, and the board didn't deliver.

He went Conte mode against Leicester. That was rash, but he needs to send a message somehow.

The board fecked him up. Now the board must, in all circumstances back Lampard this summer if they want to stick with him. I want to see 5/6 new players that improves the team that we have been long waiting for.

If the board fail to back Lampard again this summer, if Lampard cares about Chelsea Football Club, he'll walk from the club. Because if the board didn't back you in the summer, what makes you think they'll back you in the future? Stop being a shield to Marina and idiotic lot.

Fans will probably act then. Enough is enough with the board.

completely agree

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

People will disagree with me, but there's one thing I'll always credit Lampard for.

He didn't pussy up and showed his frustration with the board for not backing him. He said he had players he wanted for the window, and the board didn't deliver.

He went Conte mode against Leicester. That was rash, but he needs to send a message somehow.

The board fecked him up. Now the board must, in all circumstances back Lampard this summer if they want to stick with him. I want to see 5/6 new players that improves the team that we have been long waiting for.

If the board fail to back Lampard again this summer, if Lampard cares about Chelsea Football Club, he'll walk from the club. Because if the board don't back you in the summer, what makes you think they'll back you in the future? Stop being a shield to Marina and the idiotic lot.

I'm not expecting anything in summer. Hasn't been that great in the past and you can tell whoever is manager is frustrated. I'd back him if this happens and he does walk.

12 minutes ago, Mana said:

If the board fail to back Lampard again this summer, if Lampard cares about Chelsea Football Club, he'll walk from the club. Because if the board don't back you in the summer, what makes you think they'll back you in the future? Stop being a shield to Marina and the idiotic lot.

I fucking loved that he did that. He is a proper Chels, Conte too was becoming a Chels, he loved it here, fond of the fans etc, then we fucked him up badly. Fans will def riot if he walks and good on him if it comes to that.

6 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

I'm not expecting anything in summer. Hasn't been that great in the past and you can tell whoever is manager is frustrated. I'd back him if this happens and he does walk.

the 3 keys to judge summer 2020 by

1 a fail on Sancho (fail here and it is all downhill form there)

2 a fail on Dembele or (my own injection of an option) Calvert-Lewin, as I (as all know by now) do not think Werner ends up here. If we fail on those 3, then the options really dry up FAST (Lautaro is pipe dream, Shitty will not sell us Jesus, and Raúl Jiménez, who turns 30 next season, is too old for the cash demanded)

3 a fail on Chilwell and if we fail, we then do nothing at all at LB

if those 3 things happen

we are FUCKED

if those all fail and we still, even then (given all that money for the above is not spent there) fail to land Ziyech (or similar) and Grealish (or Maddison), plus Palace will not budge at all on the £80m demand for Zaha (thus meaning ZERO chance we move on him), and also we still make (at that point) no moves at CB and DMF, AND as a cherry on the cake, renew the cuntish Willian on a 2 or even 3 year, £10m per year contract (thus blowing out the dressing room atmosphere wage structure demands)

THEN the the fucked part will come viciously hard and come so soon it will make heads spin and minds reel

17 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I am not convinced that Chilwell is the best choice. He looks limited in the games I have watched of defending headers. Great wheels tho and can score.

oh, neither do I at all

I think £80m for him is madness

I was only saying that IF (as the board and Lamps seem to be Chilwell or bust) we fail and then do NOTHING at LB that is a huge fail key

I would so so much rather sell or swap the 2 dregs we have now

and buy (no order and the Bayern two are pipes dreams)

2 of the following

Theo Hernandez

Robin Gosens

Alex Telles (last summer to buy before he is too old, utter madness we did not sell Alonso and buy him, which was a zero (or near) net cost deal)

David Alaba (last summer to buy before he is too old)

Alphonso Davies

Luca Pellegrini

Alejandro Grimaldo (I think he is too pricey (60m euros) for what we would get)

Jose Gaya (not even an option as 100m euros is insane)

Sergio Reguilón (RM will not sell him unless we dangle Kante, which I would bite their hands off for a Kante for Varane + Reguilón swap)

Rayan Aït Nouri  18yo, 2nd best U20 LB on the planet (Davies is top)

32 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

I fucking loved that he did that. He is a proper Chels, Conte too was becoming a Chels, he loved it here, fond of the fans etc, then we fucked him up badly. Fans will def riot if he walks and good on him if it comes to that.

I'm not sure what does moaning about the lack of transfer backing has gotta do with being a 'proper Chels'. :carlo: 

Conte moaned because he wants to win and I'm sure it's the same with Lampard as well. The club definitely took a risk by not signing anyone in January but at the same time, there were also enough arguments as to why we did the right thing by not signing anyone. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm not sure what does moaning about the lack of transfer backing has gotta do with being a 'proper Chels'. :carlo: 

Conte moaned because he wants to win and I'm sure it's the same with Lampard as well. The club definitely took a risk by not signing anyone in January but at the same time, there were also enough arguments as to why we did the right thing by not signing anyone. 

do explain LB

we had hard offers (Marina bollocksing about with Alonso's price with Inter was FUCKED) for both of ours and clear deals (Telles via RC for one) that could have been done

CF I will give you (although I personally would have been all over RM about a loan for Jovic, even with no option at all)

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Also, explain the non-sale of the now-horrid Pedro and then not using the buyback on Boga, which would have net cost only 7-8m total

that and LB are inexcusable fuck-ups

Just now, Vesper said:

do explain LB

we had hard offers (Marina bollocksing about with Alonso's price with Inter was FUCKED) for both of ours and clear deals (Telles via RC for one) that could have been done

CF I will give you

I wouldn't necessarily argue against the LB point but I was talking from the strikers' chase perspective. Lampard and the board clearly were targeting a striker, feeling that it was more of a game changer than getting a LB. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

I wouldn't necessarily argue against the LB point but I was talking from the strikers' chase perspective. Lampard and the board clearly were targeting a striker, feeling that it was more of a game changer than getting a LB. 

I accept that a valid for CF

Cavani's Atleti desires bollocksed us in the end, as did Lyon's refusals to sell Dembele

Not much we could do about either

I still think Mertens rumour was sham, as he is injured and LOVES Naples. No way was he leaving, and I fully expect him to renew soon or by summer.