Super Frank Thread

3 hours ago, Jason said:

As frustrating as it is that we did not manage to sign anyone this window, I find it bizarre Lampard has moaned so much about not signing anyone when he has also openly admitted that it's difficult to sign the right players in January. Based on the names we were linked with, it wasn't a long/great shortlist, was it? Lyon don't want to sell Dembele. Cavani had high demands and seemingly only want Atletico. Piatek unconvincing after just 1 good season. Mertens is injured and Napoli don't want to sell. The squad right now ain't great overall but has Lampard made the best use of what he has so far? Debatable, especially when almost every game raises question marks over his team selection etc. Plus, some players have been tossed aside, some flogged to death. Maybe Lampard should re-evaluate things, at how he manages the squad first before going all Mourinho/Conte in the media. New signings this month would have helped this month but it wouldn't cover the coaching flaws etc.

You are right. Based on everything we saw in media Frank only wanted backup striker this January. He has Franch number 1 striker and Belgium number 2. Klopp have only Belgium number 3 in Origi. Deschamps prefers Giroud over Dembele and many other expensive strikers... So yes, Frank should know how to use them better. And ffs try Pulisic as AM! 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

6 hours ago, Jason said:

As frustrating as it is that we did not manage to sign anyone this window, I find it bizarre Lampard has moaned so much about not signing anyone when he has also openly admitted that it's difficult to sign the right players in January. Based on the names we were linked with, it wasn't a long/great shortlist, was it? Lyon don't want to sell Dembele. Cavani had high demands and seemingly only want Atletico. Piatek unconvincing after just 1 good season. Mertens is injured and Napoli don't want to sell. The squad right now ain't great overall but has Lampard made the best use of what he has so far? Debatable, especially when almost every game raises question marks over his team selection etc. Plus, some players have been tossed aside, some flogged to death. Maybe Lampard should re-evaluate things, at how he manages the squad first before going all Mourinho/Conte in the media. New signings this month would have helped this month but it wouldn't cover the coaching flaws etc.

Lamp want a better striker than Michy. So you are talking a starter calibre striker. It is rare for any team willing to let their starting striker go unless you give them crazy money or they have release clause (Haaland case) 

8 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Feels like today's team selection and subs were a massive middle finger to the Chelsea hierarchy sitting in the stands at the game today.

As much as the board deserve all the criticism for how the current squad has been shaped up, I think they can also turn around and ask Lampard questions. Why are we still bad at defending when you're already 6-7 months into the job? Why have you frozen Giroud out completely? Why even bother putting Batshuayi on the bench if you're not going to use him? Why have the team not been able to put a 90 minutes performance a bit more consistently?

Yes, if we had gotten a quality attacker in January, that would have been nice but it wouldn't solve our shambolic defensive issues, would it? And as I said earlier, I find it nonsense that Lampard is getting pissed off at the board for not being able to sign a striker in the transfer window. 

15 hours ago, Jason said:

If Lampard is gonna keep on making "statements" about the board not backing him rather than focus on actually improving the team - e.g. the shambolic defending!!! - then I'd find it hard to see him succeed in the long term. We don't need another manager to go all Mourinho/Conte on us while the season is still ongoing! 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

As much as the board deserve all the criticism for how the current squad has been shaped up, I think they can also turn around and ask Lampard questions. Why are we still bad at defending when you're already 6-7 months into the job? Why have you frozen Giroud out completely? Why even bother putting Batshuayi on the bench if you're not going to use him? Why have the team not been able to put a 90 minutes performance a bit more consistently?

Yes, if we had gotten a quality attacker in January, that would have been nice but it wouldn't solve our shambolic defensive issues, would it? And as I said earlier, I find it nonsense that Lampard is getting pissed off at the board for not being able to sign a striker in the transfer window. 

If Lampard is gonna keep on making "statements" about the board not backing him rather than focus on actually improving the team - e.g. the shambolic defending!!! - then I'd find it hard to see him succeed in the long term. We don't need another manager to go all Mourinho/Conte on us while the season is still ongoing! 

Believe me, I wasn't defending Lampard with that statement. No one is blameless here.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Don't you get it? Lampard wanted a striker so we can go back to August/September crazy games full of goals. He is not going to solve the defensive issues. If he could do that, he would have done so MONTHS ago. So he just needs goals up front :D 

In my opinion Lampard is fully to blame for our poor inconsistent run of form. 

The moment Kante became fit and he decided to shoe horn him back in to the starting XI, was when everything changed. Jorginho+Kovacic+Mount was unplayable during that period. 

5 hours ago, ZaynChelsea said:

We didn‘t lose any decent defender so no excuse for our constant horrible defending.

many of our defensive players are either not good enough or are not good in our systems or are being poorly coached, or a combo of all three

Frank has no excuse for our poor defending 7 months in, we had around 18 clean sheets last season with the same defense, also if you are going to play cross and inshallah why not play Giroud?? His squad management has been poor at best. Yes no signings but some of the problems we are facing are coaching problems. He wont last till December if he keeps this up.

Frank has no excuse for our poor defending 7 months in, we had around 18 clean sheets last season with the same defense, also if you are going to play cross and inshallah why not play Giroud?? His squad management has been poor at best. Yes no signings but some of the problems we are facing are coaching problems. He wont last till December if he keeps this up.

Azpi and Emerson got way worse. Look at Emersons performance in EL final and compare it to his Performances nowadays.
Rüdiger was also injured a long time and he needs to get his positioning right. He always struggles with that.

Also, Kepa was playing better than this season

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Just now, killer1257 said:

Azpi and Emerson got way worse. Look at Emersons performance in EL final and compare it to his Performances nowadays.
Rüdiger was also injured a long time and he needs to get his positioning right. He always struggles with that.

Also, Kepa was playing better than this season

Exactly my point, Frank has made the players regress massively. Give me 3 players who have improved under him?

Exactly my point, Frank has made the players regress massively. Give me 3 players who have improved under him?
Kovacic Tomori Tammy maybe Pulisic because Pulisic was never able to score that many goals in that Short amount of time.

Last Season, we were trash besides RLC and Hazard.

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Kovacic Tomori Tammy maybe Pulisic because Pulisic was never able to score that many goals in that Short amount of time.

Last Season, we were trash besides RLC and Hazard.

Thats not really true, we even had Giroud firing as our 2nd choice striker. CHO was getting better and better. Kante was def not this bad.