• Kovacic
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Higuain
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

20 minutes ago, Stats said:

They don't have teams in the top 6 left to play also. When pundits like Merson and Neville rule their chances of top 4 out, it confuses me. Spurs still have to go to Liverpool and City. We still have to go to Anfield and Old Trafford. Also would not be surprised to see us drop points at Everton next week.

They've sort of been forgotten about. All Talk of us spurs man u not much on them. Despite having like you say easier fixtures and that goal diff advantage over us and Man U 

Really not liking this indirect style of having possession ... we hardly had a shot on goal right till the subs came in or when we went behind. Yes we look great when we are having possession but the possession is never dominant in the final third ... baring a few through ball or lob in the box there was nothing from the center. We will not be able to break a team (8 out 10 times) which is going to sit deep and play counter. Kudos to Wolves, there were good to watch ... there pressing were top notch. 

There are so many flaws which has been there since the start and we dont seem to find solution for those. ... We were so bad when Wolves had the ball on the counter, they always were ahead of our defenders. Corners, seems we dont practice them ... 90% of the time it a waste. No creativity, we couldnt break them. Why dont we take shots on goals is beyond me (we only had 3 total shots I guess) ... This was a game Giroud could have provided us with physicality and ariel strength, not sure why he didnt get in. 

Food for thought: Even if we overhaul our squad and replace players ... what guarantee is there that we will win such games with ease because tactically we will be playing the same way!!!   

9 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

They've sort of been forgotten about. All Talk of us spurs man u not much on them. Despite having like you say easier fixtures and that goal diff advantage over us and Man U 

Still think they will bottle it however we can't be trusted to win 3/4 straight games at the moment. 

The wing backs have a lot to do with what we see in this team. Nobody attacks the by-line, the crosses are absolute shite and the defensive side is just as bad.

Watching us in that first half today was as boring and lifeless as I have seen in PL history in all honesty.

Kovacic offers this team nothing, I mean fuck all. The striker situation is the remains of scatter gun buying of shit players.

Overall we are punching above out weight in this league position, we are bog average.

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

The wing backs have a lot to do with what we see in this team. Nobody attacks the by-line, the crosses are absolute shite and the defensive side is just as bad.

Watching us in that first half today was as boring and lifeless as I have seen in PL history in all honesty.

Kovacic offers this team nothing, I mean fuck all. The striker situation is the remains of scatter gun buying of shit players.

Overall we are punching above out weight in this league position, we are bog average.

Yup our squad is average at best. We need to get rid of at least 7 of our current starters and rebuild. Being in the champ league will help because of the revenue, so hopefully we do make top 4. We need a new back 4, another CM, a striker and a right winger if we are going to challenge next season. 

1 minute ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Yup our squad is average at best. We need to get rid of at least 7 of our current starters and rebuild. Being in the champ league will help because of the revenue, so hopefully we do make top 4. We need a new back 4, another CM, a striker and a right winger if we are going to challenge next season. 

Unfortunately way it's looking we're just going to have to need and not get.. Hopefully we can get summer but this is going to drag and drag. 

1 minute ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I would build around Rudiger, he's brilliant, the others are very average indeed.

Kovacic is a pretty looking footballer but it ends there, all foreplay and no penetration in all honesty. RLC is a better player but he won't get a sniff whilst all these people are around.

5 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

what needs to be done, how, why, who, and with the numbers working

10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I would build around Rudiger, he's brilliant, the others are very average indeed.

Kovacic is a pretty looking footballer but it ends there, all foreplay and no penetration in all honesty. RLC is a better player but he won't get a sniff whilst all these people are around.

I'm not too sure about him either he seems to have an error in him every game. Much rather we clean the slate and bring in a new back 4. Kind of like what Klopp did. Rudiger would be good to have in the squad just like how lpool kept Lovren around for depth. We really missed a boat by not getting Van Dyk

7 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I'm not too sure about him either he seems to have an error in him every game. Much rather we clean the slate and bring in a new back 4. Kind of like what Klopp did. Rudiger would be good to have in the squad just like how lpool kept Lovren around for depth. We really missed a boat by not getting Van Dyk

If we are reshuffling the back 4 and ripping the squad to shreds like you are saying it will take more than 3-4 seasons, based on purely how this board work.

Both wings backs need upgrading, that will see a huge marked improvement. If the manager/club have any heart they will make sure RLC plays a big part going forward from here on in. 

Regarding the front line, I think we all know what we want.

45 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I'm certain we will get the summer window, we just need to buy well. That's why not having a dof at the moment is such a shame

I don't trust CAS for shit:(

but the deferral appeal should pass muster

I see almost zero chance the bans are reduced though

1 hour ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I'm certain we will get the summer window, we just need to buy well. That's why not having a dof at the moment is such a shame

IF we do get the summer 2019 window and dont do fuckall

it will destroy the club for years

we will lose (if we dont sell them) Hazard, Willian, CHO on frees in 2020 and will not be able to replace them until probably summer 2021 (maybe can pay insane overcharge in january 2021 window and buy one replacement)

also, we will be stuck with all the dregs and shit players we have until then too, IF we dont upgrade this summer

can you imagine basically the same players we have now

MINUS Willian, Eden, and CHO, minus Luiz, minus Higs

with only real adds being Reece James (Mount is NOT ready, its delusional to think this, he has one goal in last 6 months, none this year, and is bullied to hell, and I am NOT sold on Tomori either atm) and recalls of Baka, Zouma, Bats?

Thats what we will be looking at come summer 2020 IF we do not do INSANE business in 2019 summer if we get it

this would yield a 25 man team of (IF we even recall the ex first teamers)

Kepa

Willie

Bulka

Rudiger

AC

Zouma (if we recall)

Ampadu

Tomori (maybe)

Alonso (30yo by then)

Emerson

Azpi (31yo)

Reece James

Jorginho (with no true backup)

Kante

Drinkwater (31yo)

Bakayoko (if we recall)

RLC

Barkley

Pedro (33yo)

Kenedy 

Pulisic

Charly Musonda (or some other loan army dregs) OR use RLC here as backup winger  and call up Mount for AMF  backup

Bats (if we recall)

Tammy

Giroud (34yo)

DISASTER

after that shameful performance I hope everyone sees now that Sarri still is and always has been a fraud and needs to be gone asap. Those 3 wins in a row mean fuck all and the only way to get CL is still winning EL cos we are not gonna get anywhere in the league with such a plague of a manager and board. 

Having a hangover was grim... Watching this hungover.. Added to the pain. 

But we came back! Shouldn't have needed to but wolves aren't a pushover and no double... 

Nice for sky to point out about Jimmy and when wolves last scored against us at the Bridge when he played. Lo and behold.... 

Sarri plays RLC for 37 and CHO for 33 minutes, brings out Jorginho to put WIllian and play 4-2-3-1, and no one will give him credits for that? People are always moaning that he doesn't switch to "plan B" or that he doesn't give chance to young lads. And I know most of us are hurt by Sarri's decisions made in past, but he was really good yesterday. EDIT: Not to mention that fuckin Alonso is nowhere near first XI, which is also very very great.

Also, RLC said himself that he is slowly getting minutes because of his back problems, hence why Kova started.

We were clearly superior side and got a bit unlucky with their goal, our defence is really awful. They are 7th at the table for a reason. They took points from almost all big sides this season.

And about CHO - he did some good crosses, but he wasn't much better than what Pedro is usually overall. It's one thing to score in EL, and other thing to score in EPL with defensive side like Wolves. CHO made some awful clumsy mistakes, I remember that he once passed directly to them actually.