test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

24. Reece James

Started by the wes,

408 posts in this topic
On 11/6/2019 at 6:24 AM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Sure the club is working on it but Reece did sign a new deal last summer.

According to transfermarket his contract ends:

Contract until: 30.06.2022

So we are entering 2020 in two months, only leaving him for 2 years. 

OhForAGreavsie likes this

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

According to transfermarket his contract ends:

Contract until: 30.06.2022

So we are entering 2020 in two months, only leaving him for 2 years. 

Suggesting that he signed a four year extension in summer 2018. I'd be stunned if a new deal is not being worked on right now. One of those nice seven year jobs would be just the ticket.

OneMoSalah likes this

7 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

The last two games surely cemented his name in the starting eleven.

Let's see if James plays at Man City. If he does, then fair play to Lampard. 

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

Given we will likely be facing Mahrez , maybe a good idea to put Azpi LB for this one.

!Hazard! likes this

15 hours ago, Jason said:

Seeing as we need Azpi's determination in defending against such an attacking side, we should start him on the left and James on the right.

With all the young players performing, reece still seems to be the one with the highest ceiling to me. Has everything to become one of the very best in his position. 

1905didierblue likes this

On 06/11/2019 at 11:02 AM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Where you been? We need your voice around here.

Our numbers are small but, in my opinion, the general quality of posts on this forum is very high. If you are going to be regular again that seals the deal.

Life mate haha. TC has always been great for high quality content, especially during its peak but there's still lots of great observers of the game about here lurking. Haven't had much time to post but have been reading on the off/monitoring.

Super excited to finally see the academy guys coming through, a couple of us who have watched the youth over the years have begged for this. Couldn't have happened to a more talented bunch. Here's a question for you. 

Do you reckon the previous generation, if they had this chance would've looked as much of a real deal as these lot coming through now? Essentially, current bunch (James, CHO, Mount, Tomori, Gilmour etc.) vs the generation before who were just as good at youth football level (RLC, Christensen, Chalobah, Musonda, Ake, Dasilva etc.)? Obviously we have RLC and Christensen who've come through, just wondering what'd be like if these guys also had this sort of faith put behind them. 

Can't believe we're sitting in third at the international break. 

Stats and Bosnian Blue like this

14 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Life mate haha. TC has always been great for high quality content, especially during its peak but there's still lots of great observers of the game about here lurking. Haven't had much time to post but have been reading on the off/monitoring.

Super excited to finally see the academy guys coming through, a couple of us who have watched the youth over the years have begged for this. Couldn't have happened to a more talented bunch. Here's a question for you. 

Do you reckon the previous generation, if they had this chance would've looked as much of a real deal as these lot coming through now? Essentially, current bunch (James, CHO, Mount, Tomori, Gilmour etc.) vs the generation before who were just as good at youth football level (RLC, Christensen, Chalobah, Musonda, Ake, Dasilva etc.)? Obviously we have RLC and Christensen who've come through, just wondering what'd be like if these guys also had this sort of faith put behind them. 

Can't believe we're sitting in third at the international break. 

Chalobah and Musonda are difficult ones because they've been plagued with injuries and they have had some difficult loan spells. With the exception of CHO, all the other youngsters breaking through this season have come back from very successful loan spells (even the likes of Zouma and Batshuayi came back from good loans too) which I think has helped them to start confident and kick on.

I think if Chalobah was patient he would have had a bigger role in Conte's second season as I don't think we would have brought Drinkwater without him leaving. With Matic leaving and Bakayoko's struggles, I believe he would have got some good game time.

Ake for me is probably the biggest one of the group that got away because on the back of a good loan with Bournemouth, he should have been given more chances. Ironically if he had stayed at Bournemouth the whole season it would be interesting if Conte would have chosen him over Christensen or kept them both on. Luiz and Cahill both fell out of favour in that year too, opportunities would have arisen.

The other one I guess which is a real 'what if' is Solanke. He obviously hasn't reached the levels expected at Liverpool or Bournemouth yet but there will be that question mark if he would have gone down the route that Tammy did, learning his craft in the Championship for a couple of seasons and likely returning a more rounded player. He was prolific at youth level but Tammy went a different direction to him in his development and it has worked out much better for him.

The Skipper, 11Drogba and manpe like this

13 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Chalobah and Musonda are difficult ones because they've been plagued with injuries and they have had some difficult loan spells. With the exception of CHO, all the other youngsters breaking through this season have come back from very successful loan spells (even the likes of Zouma and Batshuayi came back from good loans too) which I think has helped them to start confident and kick on.

I think if Chalobah was patient he would have had a bigger role in Conte's second season as I don't think we would have brought Drinkwater without him leaving. With Matic leaving and Bakayoko's struggles, I believe he would have got some good game time.

Ake for me is probably the biggest one of the group that got away because on the back of a good loan with Bournemouth, he should have been given more chances. Ironically if he had stayed at Bournemouth the whole season it would be interesting if Conte would have chosen him over Christensen or kept them both on. Luiz and Cahill both fell out of favour in that year too, opportunities would have arisen.

The other one I guess which is a real 'what if' is Solanke. He obviously hasn't reached the levels expected at Liverpool or Bournemouth yet but there will be that question mark if he would have gone down the route that Tammy did, learning his craft in the Championship for a couple of seasons and likely returning a more rounded player. He was prolific at youth level but Tammy went a different direction to him in his development and it has worked out much better for him.

Re: Solanke, he was more exciting at youth level indeed. Arguably more naturally talented than Tammy but what I love the most about Tammy is his mentality which Solanke doesn't have. He's always striving to improve and demands excellence and really fights for his spot. That's why he's left Solanke behind now. 

11Drogba and Superblue_1986 like this

32 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Re: Solanke, he was more exciting at youth level indeed. Arguably more naturally talented than Tammy but what I love the most about Tammy is his mentality which Solanke doesn't have. He's always striving to improve and demands excellence and really fights for his spot. That's why he's left Solanke behind now. 

Personally I still think Solanke is one of the more overrated English youngsters to have come through in the last 5 seasons.

Youth level and senior football is two totally different things, Solanke hasnt even done anything relative at Bournemouth and has only scored 1 PL goal his whole career playing for us, Liverpool and now Bournemouth.

Even Klopp preferred keeping Origi ahead of him. How he has an England cap is beyond a joke as well in all fairness.