24. Reece James

the wes

16 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Maybe nobody wants to buy him considering we paid 24m for him or whatever. I'd imagine we will want at least 15-20m for him. His contract expires in 2 seasons yet. I dont think we will take a huge loss for him. 

Financially it makes sense to sell him for even 10mil €.

I mean we bought him for 25mil€, so he has 2 years left which is 12.5mil€ amortized value on the book or 6.25m€ for this season.

If he stays we incur 6.25mil€ + wages (50,000€ per week) 2.5mil€. Which is around 8.75mil€ for this on our books.

If we sell him for even 10mil€, and keep Reece, we incur a loss of 2.5mil€ + Reece's wages (which can't be more than 1mil€ at this moment) = 3.5mil€. hell even if we sell zappacosta for just 5mil, we would be pulling even on how much Zappa is going to cost anyways. 

I honestly want us to sell the deadwood and be rid of all the players like zappacosta, drinkwater, bakayoko before this season starts.

For this season, If Crystal Palace comes in for a loan deal for Recce & they dont sign a RB (Not sure if they have already) then it would make more sense for us to sent Recce out on loan. because here he will be backup to Azpi even if Zappacosta goes where as without Wan-Bissaka Palace could take a chance with Recce for the first 11. Then it all up to Recce and if he does well, then next season he could actually start over Azpi. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think he's better than AWB. 

I think potentially, but he needs to play a full topflight season before I can truly go there

Wan-Bissaka is a monster, best defensive RB I have seen in ages

the terrifying thing is he is only 21 and TAA is only 20

my top RB's on the planet atm

in order

not rating Reece yet, a great year and he shoots up into top 15, maybe top 10

bold are potential targets

Joshua Kimmich     Bayern Munich

Trent Alexander-Arnold    Liverpool FC    

Sergi Roberto       Barcelona

João Cancelo    Manchester City   

Aaron Wan-Bissaka     Manchester United   (if Reece doesnt blow up, AWB, after Pepe, will be my number regret due to bans, he is going to haunt us for years)

Kyle Walker      Manchester City    (I would use him as a 3rd (1st backup) CB a lot this year)

Daniel Carvajal     Real Madrid

Mário Fernandes    CSKA Moscow (a right footed clone of Alonso, but with drive, pace, and a motor) If he was 22, 23 (he turns 29 in 5 weeks) he would be my number one target

Youcef Atal     OGC Nice

Lukas Klostermann      RB Leipzig

Nélson Semedo    Barcelona

Achraf Hakimi         Borussia Dortmund (on loan from Real Madrid)

Noussair Mazraoui    Ajax 

Ricardo Pereira       Leicester

Sime Vrsaljko    Atlético Madrid

Elseid Hysaj      Napoli

Héctor Bellerín    Arse (need to see he is still good after his horrid injury. If so, up he goes, if not,Timothy Castagne of Atlanta goes on the list, a great young, big, fast Belgian )

Thomas Meunier     PSG

Denzel Dumfries     PSV Eindhoven

Benjamin Henrichs     Monaco

sorry Azpi, your race is run:(

Really looking forward to his return, i think he's the generational type talent that will slot in seemlessly.

Mount, Pulisic and Odoi are talents but there be a lot of teething with them before they get to permanent starter quality, i feel Reece is that quality now and i actually think he would have prevented the 2nd and maybe even 3rd goal at Old Trafford.

I'm a bit worried by some of the comments I'm reading. It seems that some of you are viewing Reece as the Second Coming and that he will instantaneously transform our team. He has talent, there is no doubt about that, but I can't see him being any more than a squad player this season. People's expectations of young players are unrealistic. Look at Kakuta and McEachran as prime examples. He just needs to be given time, without the burden of unrealistic expectations. 

2 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

I'm a bit worried by some of the comments I'm reading. It seems that some of you are viewing Reece as the Second Coming and that he will instantaneously transform our team. 

Can't speak for anyone else but for me that's not true on either level, however i do think he's a generational talent and a better option compared to current Azpi (who's rapidly declining) especially in this type of system. Wigan fans believe he's the best player to ever wear their shirt which given they were a midtable PL side for the best part of a decade while performing the odd deep cup run in that period (which includes getting to two cup finals and winning one) is seriously no mean feet at 18.

I'm not delusional enough to believe his inclusion alone will turn our defense into a Jose 1.0 esque backline, however i think we will see improvements at the back and especially going forward.

On 13/08/2019 at 1:36 PM, Tomo said:

Really looking forward to his return, i think he's the generational type talent that will slot in seemlessly.

Mount, Pulisic and Odoi are talents but there be a lot of teething with them before they get to permanent starter quality, i feel Reece is that quality now and i actually think he would have prevented the 2nd and maybe even 3rd goal at Old Trafford.

That’s ridiculous Odoi is easily first team quality, especially since he was more than good enough for Bayern 

51 minutes ago, RJBOfficial said:

That’s ridiculous Odoi is easily first team quality, especially since he was more than good enough for Bayern 

Im not saying he isn't talented or doesn't deserve his place in the squad , however when he did play against top level opposition it was clear that the week by week consistency is a work in progress.

From what I've seen of RJ, i honestly believe he can slot in and play to that type of level from the off, like Wan Bissaka did at Palace.

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

Can't speak for anyone else but for me that's not true on either level, however i do think he's a generational talent and a better option compared to current Azpi (who's rapidly declining) especially in this type of system. Wigan fans believe he's the best player to ever wear their shirt which given they were a midtable PL side for the best part of a decade while performing the odd deep cup run in that period (which includes getting to two cup finals and winning one) is seriously no mean feet at 18.

I'm not delusional enough to believe his inclusion alone will turn our defense into a Jose 1.0 esque backline, however i think we will see improvements at the back and especially going forward.

I do think a lot of people are putting too much faith in, and expectation upon, a young lad who hasn't even played a minute of Premier League football.

20 hours ago, Tomo said:

Im not saying he isn't talented or doesn't deserve his place in the squad , however when he did play against top level opposition it was clear that the week by week consistency is a work in progress.

From what I've seen of RJ, i honestly believe he can slot in and play to that type of level from the off, like Wan Bissaka did at Palace.

He impressed every single time he played on his preferred left wing against strong or weak opposition 

3 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Davide is sold, faith is officialy put in him.

He is not sold, he was loaned for 6 months (with an option to extend it for another 6)  AND we bloody extended his contract

https://www.westlondonsport.com/chelsea/zappacosta-extends-chelsea-stay-and-leaves-on-loan

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/zappacosta-completes-loan-switch-from-chelsea-to-italian-capital

Chelsea full-back Davide Zappacosta has signed a one-year contract extension with the Blues and has joined Roma on loan until January.

The 27-year-old Italy international signed for Chelsea from Torino in a reported £23million deal in 2017.

But he made only four Premier League appearances last season under compatriot Maurizio Sarri, although he was a regular on the continent as Chelsea won the Europa League.

His move to Roma includes an option to extend the loan until the end of the season and Zappacosta is delighted to have sealed the Serie A switch.

“I am pleased to join Roma, after an experience overseas that helped me progress as both a player and a person,” Zappacosta told Roma’s website.