the wes
Followers 1

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching the Leeds and Wigan and once again have to say, what a performance! Been watching the whole game. Relegation threatened Wigan with 10 men have beaten promotion chasing Leeds on their own patc

July 2019 "we'll be patient with these young players" July 2020 "what's the point of him"

Watching the game against Norwich and has been the standout player and most obvious choice for MOTM. His strength is ridiculous. Amazing how he is relied on for their set pieces also. Real gem we have

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I was sure that there was some fracture. The TV did not want to take any detailed shot and they were even giving us pictures of the whole stadium from one corner so you could guess something was not right. Hopefully Burn will recover quickly.

16 hours ago, killer1257 said:

How did he play ? I sadly could not see the match

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Imho he was our poorest player.

Not good defensively and going forward not one ball into the box went to a Chelsea player. Weak shot when given space and a free kick that went straight out of play.

Still very young, so by no means giving up on him, but out of all our young players he's been the one who's not really shown anything yet.

Just doesn't look ready for us yet, so a loan to another Premiership team might be best for him.

Come on guys, Reece James was pretty good during that game - check player ratings as case in point, and do not forget CHO is 19 and just back from serious injury. Be patient.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, BXL70 said:

Come on guys, Reece James was pretty good during that game - check player ratings as case in point, and do not forget CHO is 19 and just back from serious injury. Be patient.

agreed

if we are all going to start slating Reece too

that means ALL FOUR of our fullbacks are shit

I still rate the hell out of him

still would love to ditch the other 3 (we should be able to get about £80-85m for the 3)

and bring in

RB Tim Castagne from Atalanta or Nordi Mukiele from RB Leipzig (around £25-30m for either, Nordi might, might be able to be done now, not sure, but they do have cover, great cover there in one of the top RB's in the world in Lukas Klostermann and then multiple backup options)

LB Alex Telles can be done now £33m release clause

LB Chilwell (sounding like £70m, not the full 80m will be enough this summer)

net spend around £50m (hell make it £70m to give leeway) total for three massive upgrades

multiple clubs want Emerson, Alonso, and Azpi so selling is no issue, other than pricing

but no

we will fuck about

and get none

I have next to zero faith in the board

23 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think CHO has potential to become world class too. 

I had my doubts before, even more so now with the injury, we will see.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Nicco said:

Our only future world class youngster, hopefully this is signed as soon as possible.

He probably has the biggest potential of all of our youngsters but I personally think it's impossible to make a comment such as our only future world class youngster.

I think all the young players we have (including Pulisic) in the first team squad this season are excellent players for their age and it remains to be seen how each player 'kicks on' and develops further with more experience and game time over the next couple of seasons.

You only have to look to the manager for a late bloomer. Whilst he was a good premier league midfielder, I don't think any Chelsea fan would have expected Lampard to be regarded as world class by the end of his career in his first 18 months at the club. He only really started showing that form at about 25-26 years old and arguably his peak was just shy of turning 32 years old when he scored 22 goals in 36 games in the Premier League in 2009/10.

Hopefully Reece and Tammy both commit their long term futures to the club and they'll all be tied down for years to come and all deliver on their potential for Chelsea.

8 hours ago, Nicco said:

Our only future world class youngster, hopefully this is signed as soon as possible.

World class being thrown around again regarding our youngsters. I know we havent ever had 3, 4 or 5 youngsters breaking through at once in god knows how long, which is exciting but when will we not get ahead of ourselves? The same with the right side set for years article based off a FA cup game vs a second string Notts Forrest team. Even Andreas got the whole best young CB in the world after 3 months with Conte and look at him now. When they are world class then say they are world class. Let them develop. When they get there then yeah fair enough.

It is great news hes signing a new deal, hes impressed me in stages this season so hopefully he can continue to play and kick on as he still has a lot of work to do to fulfill his potential. As do the rest of the youngsters. 

• Like 1
On 09/01/2020 at 5:45 AM, OneMoSalah said:

World class being thrown around again regarding our youngsters. I know we havent ever had 3, 4 or 5 youngsters breaking through at once in god knows how long, which is exciting but when will we not get ahead of ourselves? The same with the right side set for years article based off a FA cup game vs a second string Notts Forrest team. Even Andreas got the whole best young CB in the world after 3 months with Conte and look at him now. When they are world class then say they are world class. Let them develop. When they get there then yeah fair enough.

It is great news hes signing a new deal, hes impressed me in stages this season so hopefully he can continue to play and kick on as he still has a lot of work to do to fulfill his potential. As do the rest of the youngsters. 

Everybody needs to read the post to which I'm replying and, if they find that they can't agree with it, then read it again. This particularly applies to people who don't follow Chelsea closely, and who are therefore at risk of being influenced by ill informed media assessments.

As it happens Reece is the only one of our youngsters on whom I am fully sold. With the rest of them, as far as I'm concerned, the jury is either still out, or it's in and the verdict is not good.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Couldn't agree more. Unless we're talking a Messi or Mbappe talent, it's impossible to make a judgement on a player at 19, 20 years old. It seems like most are either grossly underrated and written off, or massively overrated and hyped beyond all realistic expectation.

This season has shown a bold shift in mentality at the club and it's been refreshing but by no means is it anywhere near finished, the last few weeks are a reminder of that. 

Let them develop and let's see what we have in 2 or 3 seasons time. I, like I'm sure most Chelsea fans, am hoping to see them all here in amongst the first team squad making important contributions to a winning team (fingers crossed still being led and coached by Super Frank). 

• Like 1

What is the progress in the medicine? Can we have a clone of Reece, make him left-footed and deploy on the left flank? It may be cheaper than going for Chilwell in the summer but who knows :D 

• Like 1