24. Reece James

the wes

He will be England right back at the Euros.

We are seeing with the other youngsters that they are blowing hot and cold. Pulisic is now hot after a period of cold, opposite with Mason and Cal but RJ I genuinely believe can come in and give us the week by week consistentcy from the off.

Absolute gem of a player.

4 hours ago, manpe said:

Out of all our youngsters, I think Reece has the highest chance of nailing down a starting spot for years to come even if we change managers.

As I posted to say roughly a year and a half ago. (Around April/May time in 2018.)  :) 

I don't think I was as reasonable about it as you though; I'm pretty sure I didn't say, "I think". :) :)

11 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Arguably our most exciting youngster I'd say. 

Where you been? We need your voice around here.

Our numbers are small but, in my opinion, the general quality of posts on this forum is very high. If you are going to be regular again that seals the deal.

As a number of people here have been observing since his youth team days, Reece is the best crosser of a ball in the club. When I made this point back then I always added, "of any age", to emphasise that I didn't mean just among the youngsters,. I'm sure none of us think that clarification is necessary any longer. He's the best we have.
As for the headache, I'm sure Jody has known for a long time that Reece is the best RB in the club. That's based on Jody's comments while they were working together in the U18s. Now, I think Reece has proved this even to people who don't watch Chelsea as closely as we all do. It's just a matter of Frank getting comfortable with the idea of shifting/benching Azpi, and I don't think it can take much longer now. I say this because SFL demonstrates all the time that he has a preference for quality, and that he understands its importance in building a great team. The majority of the quality in our side comes from Jorgi and Kova. They are great, but they are not enough. Reece adds more of the right level and Frank won't resist that opportunity for much longer.

Music to ears. Thanks for sharing your informative opinion.

12 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Lampard genuinely deserves every bit of criticism if that’s the case. 

I believe in Frank. Over the years whenever people have talked of JT as a future Chelsea boss, I have said no, absolutely not for me. I have always said that I wanted, one day, to see Frank in the job however. I have absolute confidence that SFL will handle this in the right way.

As for succession planning, Cesc Fabregas is the man I'd pencil in as Frank's successor if the need arises. I hope he'd have the sense to choose us over Arsenal if he had the choice.

On 01/10/2019 at 6:20 PM, LAM09 said:

Like who?

He shouldn't be a regular starter, but he's more than an adequate option to have & clearly a good influence.

He (Azpi) is a good option as a squad player. Experience, knowledge of, and commitment to, the club, plus the ability to cover three positions.