Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Just now, Vesper said:

Luiz is far from my worst concern, I hope to hell he renews, we just need a truly WC defensive CB as well.

I am sorry if I came off as too harsh on David. I respect him loads, he has stepped up like a man and stopped the silly mental mistakes.

I do understand what you were saying because he does play in a risky way at times but I do think Luiz in Conte's first season and this season (besides the Spurs game) has shown a consistency to his game where he can now be trusted to be solid and dependable, on top of being an outstanding technical footballer.

5 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I do understand what you were saying because he does play in a risky way at times but I do think Luiz in Conte's first season and this season (besides the Spurs game) has shown a consistency to his game where he can now be trusted to be solid and dependable, on top of being an outstanding technical footballer.

I totally trust him atm as our starting CB

:)

Sarri complained that we are taking too many touches of the ball instead of one/two touches then pass. He complained there is no motivation/determination from the players, which means we don't run enough.

And from my personal observation of the game the players refused to press high enough and there was no compactness from the team. The distance between the lines of defence, midfield and attack were too far apart, spaces were everywhere to exploit. This must be very frustrating for Sarri, almost like the team betray his tactics anytime we face small difficulty for 10mins in a match. That is why he said we don't know how to suffer or be dogged. 

We may have to wait a long time for Sarri to let out the duds and get his own players like Pep did with (Navas, Toure, Hart, Sagna, Clichy, Zabaleta, Fernando, Mangala, Bony, etc) and Klopp did with (Lallana, Sturridge, Moreno, Clyne, Toure, Mignolet, etc) Attacking football managers take longer to implement and need support from the board and fans while defensive like Conte and Mourinho can do it in one season. Patience is needed guys.

24 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Sarri complained that we are taking too many touches of the ball instead of one/two touches then pass. He complained there is no motivation/determination from the players, which means we don't run enough.

And from my personal observation of the game the players refused to press high enough and there was no compactness from the team. The distance between the lines of defence, midfield and attack were too far apart, spaces were everywhere to exploit. This must be very frustrating for Sarri, almost like the team betray his tactics anytime we face small difficulty for 10mins in a match. That is why he said we don't know how to suffer or be dogged. 

We may have to wait a long time for Sarri to let out the duds and get his own players like Pep did with (Navas, Toure, Hart, Sagna, Clichy, Zabaleta, Fernando, Mangala, Bony, etc) and Klopp did with (Lallana, Sturridge, Moreno, Clyne, Toure, Mignolet, etc) Attacking football managers take longer to implement and need support from the board and fans while defensive like Conte and Mourinho can do it in one season. Patience is needed guys.

There was at least 1 passage in the first half where we played a little triangle and Pedro made a great run down the right, but the ball didn't go forwards, Kovacic dawdled on the ball, then turned around and laid it off 5 yards backwards.  It's a strange cycle.  No on makes runs, so no one looks to make the pass to runner, then guys don't make runs because the ball isn't coming, etc., etc.

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

Not happening ... Sarri would be moved out by end of this season itself from the way things are going.

We arent a club who have patience else the rebuilding should have been in sync with the new manager from day one. The only player that we know Sarri got is Jorginho. 

Having said that, currently Sarri is equally to be blamed as the players and the board.

High time, we need a long time vision which is so missing at the club. 

7 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Wait till have the players in then implement it. For now work with what we have. 

But you can't do that. Sarri is hired to change our football from counter attacking under Mou and Conte to possession based. You may not like it.l but If we keep playing the type of football that suit this current team than next year is the same. He need to have at least most of the player in this squad understand what he want. We are not city, he cannot say to the board. I don't like my fullback then suddenly mendy, walker and Danilo show up 

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

I am absolutely NOT convinced he couldn't play the Jorginho role. I think that's Sarri gaslighting. Jorginho is slowly being exposed as a fraud IMHO, when it comes to the EPL style of footie. He is incredibly weak defensively and his passes are now embedded into a paradigm of negative football.

Did you watch any of our games under Conte when we play 352? 

1 hour ago, communicate said:

But you can't do that. Sarri is hired to change our football from counter attacking under Mou and Conte to possession based. You may not like it.l but If we keep playing the type of football that suit this current team than next year is the same. He need to have at least most of the player in this squad understand what he want. We are not city, he cannot say to the board. I don't like my fullback then suddenly mendy, walker and Danilo show up 

But what does he want? Cause whatever it is isn't happening and if what we're seeing is it.. Lets not lol. 

There is no end product from it. Its nice having possession like we did on Saturday but we didn't have a shot until the last 15 minutes or so. I don't think that's what he was hired to do.  This is where there's a problem. Possession possession for most games and yet sod all in terms of goals and then points.  It hasn't so far come together in a effective way. 

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

But what does he want? Cause whatever it is isn't happening and if what we're seeing is it.. Lets not lol. 

There is no end product from it. Its nice having possession like we did on Saturday but we didn't have a shot until the last 15 minutes or so. I don't think that's what he was hired to do.  This is where there's a problem. Possession possession for most games and yet sod all in terms of goals and then points.  It hasn't so far come together in a effective way. 

For me he want faster ball circulation, Sarri ball is about one touch football. Just watch Napoli highlights, you will be amazed how similar our buildup.

What we need right now above all  is a godamn striker. It is as simple as that. We will not suddenly turn to world beater but it will help big time. 

If Higuain come in and he looks like a proper striker and we are not scoring then I will be more worried. Plus it will stop all this crtic and our fans complaining about Hazard play as no 9. 

Just the way Higuain can take defenders away with a run can help massively, creating space for the wide attackers to hit space.

It won't change to a point we beat every team 4-0 but the fact he will make striker runs, run the channels and work hard for chances.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Just the way Higuain can take defenders away with a run can help massively, creating space for the wide attackers to hit space.

It won't change to a point we beat every team 4-0 but the fact he will make striker runs, run the channels and work hard for chances.

Nah but hopefully change these draws and losses around. We're good at aiming for the goalie and over.