test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

5,539 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

We might nor be firing on all cylinders but we are still fighting on 3 fronts.

3?

We only have the EPL and the EL left

because

993c19e6bb3a1812cd121525a3e1f510.png

 

Now, if you mean ALL type of fronts

We actually are fighting on SIX (4 legal)

EPL

EL

FA

FIFA

CAS

Abramovich versus the UK government, along with the rest of the Western world (led by the yanks) and their allies, plus Russia itself is forcing him to sell assets

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggest problem that I see is that, he will have to "start again" next year. The only players I see staying beyond the summer are

Gks, rbs and lbs (which is an area for updation for sure), CMs (though need a back up or 2), none of the strikers, just 2 of the wingers who are both over 30 and just not good enough to win the PL or even challenge for it.

Add to that the fact that most of the prem has already figured out a way to play against "sarri ball", it just does not make a good viewing. 

Sarri has not set the world alight, but he needed time and most importsntly, "his" players in along with keeping the best ones. He will be getting the worst of both worlds the next season.

Let's hope for the best, but the Outlook is not that great.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bakayokofan said:

Biggest problem that I see is that, he will have to "start again" next year. The only players I see staying beyond the summer are

Gks, rbs and lbs (which is an area for updation for sure), CMs (though need a back up or 2), none of the strikers, just 2 of the wingers who are both over 30 and just not good enough to win the PL or even challenge for it.

Add to that the fact that most of the prem has already figured out a way to play against "sarri ball", it just does not make a good viewing. 

Sarri has not set the world alight, but he needed time and most importsntly, "his" players in along with keeping the best ones. He will be getting the worst of both worlds the next season.

Let's hope for the best, but the Outlook is not that great.

 

If we can't overturn the transfer ban then I am next to certain no player of even remote importance will be allowed to go anywhere.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

We for sure cannot blame him for missing chances. 

Exactly people forget we had Morata emulating Torres and Giroud for the best part of the season. 

We have wasted tons of chances, whereas Wolves score with one chance. 

If we had decent fullbacks we would be even more of a threat. 

Dont get me wrong Sarri annoys me with his selections - but every manager will annoy people at some point.

I don't think he's the fraud people are making him out to be - if we had the right players and a decent striker - we could have genuinely been challenging for the league. 

I still think player power is a huge problem - they don't care about the manager as they know the next one will be along shortly. The club need to back him publicly and say it's a 3 year project. We aren't going to sign another manager with transfer bans. It's just too easy to heap all the blame on Sarri - it needs dividing up to the club, the players, us the fans and the manager IMHO

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

We for sure cannot blame him for missing chances. 

This is misleading stat. Chance created = a pass that leads to a shot on goal. It doesn't take quality of those chances into account.

Let's look at big chances (a situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score) missed:

Man City - 58
Man United - 47
Liverpool - 44
Chelsea - 43
Arsenal - 42
Tottenham - 42

There's no big difference between us, United, Tottenham and Arsenal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

This is misleading stat. Chance created = a pass that leads to a shot on goal. It doesn't take quality of those chances into account.

Let's look at big chances (a situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score) missed:

Man City - 58
Man United - 47
Liverpool - 44
Chelsea - 43
Arsenal - 42
Tottenham - 42

There's no big difference between us, United, Tottenham and Arsenal.

but the quality of the chances depends by the quality of the pass, so it's always a quality question 

the problems of this squad cannot be solved by new coaches, but by new better players  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stryker1808 said:

Watched Juve beat A.Madrid. What a beast Ronaldo is. Can't remember Hazard ever doing anything like that for us. Single-handedly running the entire game, umpteen times hat trick, etc etc. Take the £100m and move on. Revamped the squad when we can but play the youth if ban remains.

And by the way, Simeone changed nothing even as the situation looked dire. Not sure he's that much of an upgrade vs Sarri


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The way Simeone set up his team to that game was absolutely pathetic. And this was against Allegri's Juve and not some Guardiola side! We've had our fair share of cowardly managers in recent times so I'd definitely try to avoid him if Sarri gets the sack. 

Johnnyeye, NikkiCFC and communicate like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

The way Simeone set up his team to that game was absolutely pathetic. And this was against Allegri's Juve and not some Guardiola side! We've had our fair share of cowardly managers in recent times so I'd definitely try to avoid him if Sarri gets the sack. 

I would love Allegri, but cannot see us pulling another Italian job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, stryker1808 said:

Watched Juve beat A.Madrid. What a beast Ronaldo is. Can't remember Hazard ever doing anything like that for us. Single-handedly running the entire game, umpteen times hat trick, etc etc. Take the £100m and move on. Revamped the squad when we can but play the youth if ban remains.

And by the way, Simeone changed nothing even as the situation looked dire. Not sure he's that much of an upgrade vs Sarri


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

£100m for CR7 was a steal, especially if he delivers the CL finally for Juve

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I would love Allegri, but cannot see us pulling another Italian job

I hate him. There must be at least a dozen managers in Europe who would play more convincing football with the squad he has. Same problems were there last year when they barely won Spurs and got destroyed by Real in the first leg. Now they have Ronaldo so only god knows what they can achieve this time around but I'm still not convinced about their football in general

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I hate him. There must be at least a dozen managers in Europe who would play more convincing football with the squad he has. Same problems were there last year when they barely won Spurs and got destroyed by Real in the first leg. Now they have Ronaldo so only god knows what they can achieve this time around but I'm still not convinced about their football in general

undefeated in Serie A (only undefeated team in the Big Five), and if they win the games in hand (v the EPL 30 games played and VERY likely) they would have a 10 point lead over Shitty

I rate him bigly (h/t to the Trumpcunts)

IMHO he is a boss (hate away)

I also rate Conte and we were FOOLS to not fucking back him

fuck Roman (again, hate away)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our future is utter SHIT with the following

David Luiz

Gary Cahill

Marcos Alonso

Emerson

César Azpilicueta

Davide Zappacosta

Danny Drinkwater

Willian

Pedro

Baba Rahman

Kurt Zouma 

Tiémoué Bakayoko 

Kenedy

Victor Moses

Charly Musonda

Michy Batshuayi

Álvaro Morata 

 

ALL MUST be sold, or allowed to leave on frees

NONE are remotely good enough

its a joke to keep any (unless we slide Azpi over to a reserve CB role, he is pure SHIT as a RB and I say CASH IN, he is only going to get worse as he ages)

I will not accept anything less

you rate them? you want Clown FC

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, bakayokofan said:

Biggest problem that I see is that, he will have to "start again" next year. The only players I see staying beyond the summer are

Gks, rbs and lbs (which is an area for updation for sure), CMs (though need a back up or 2), none of the strikers, just 2 of the wingers who are both over 30 and just not good enough to win the PL or even challenge for it.

Add to that the fact that most of the prem has already figured out a way to play against "sarri ball", it just does not make a good viewing. 

Sarri has not set the world alight, but he needed time and most importsntly, "his" players in along with keeping the best ones. He will be getting the worst of both worlds the next season.

Let's hope for the best, but the Outlook is not that great.

 

Forget mate! Im pretty sure the 90% of the current players that are being used by Sarri will be around next season. With or without transfer ban. For one simple reason: during Abramovich era such squad overhaul as you suggested never happened.

The closest we had of a overhaul was right after 2012 UCL, when Kalou, Malouda, Drogba, Raul Meirelles and Bosingwa left at the same time, but if you look at 2012/13 season, only Hazard, Oscar and Azpilicueta were new players with decent playing time. In 2013 Europa League final, with Hazard out, the entire team was around in the previous season minus Oscar and Azpilicueta.

Next season I have no doubt this is going to be the most used players:

Kepa; Rudiger, Luiz, Azpilicueta, Alonso/Emerson; Jorginho, Kante, Barkley/Loftus-Chick; William/Pedro, Pulisic, Higuaín/Giroud.

With transfers available the club might get another u23 winger or CB, and thats It. 

Not sure why people are expecting a completely new team next season.

Muzchap, Johnnyeye and manpe like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/03/2019 at 11:30 AM, Tomo said:

If we can't overturn the transfer ban then I am next to certain no player of even remote importance will be allowed to go anywhere.

You mean the non-deferral overturned. If CAS overturns that we will have a 2019 summer window and then (provided the 2 window ban overall is kept in place) we will not have a window until January 2021. January windows are very hard to do business in, so in reality summer 2021 would be our next true window.

IF we do get the deferral (and thus have the summer 2019 window) I absolutely expect Hazard, Willian, and CHO to be moved, as all 3 walk on frees in summer 2020, and we would, at that point, not only lose close to £200m in sale revenue, but be utterly incapable of replacing them, probably for a full year (perhaps we could do a desperation January 2021 buy or 2).

The only hope I have is that CHO, after seeing all his competition at LW sold, renews.

If we do get the summer 2019 window and do very little, the club, at that point is fucked for years. We will lose all 3 on frees in 2020 and not be able to do a damn thing about it.

The only option would be a disastrous breaking of our no multiyear contracts for 30 something rule and for us (even with a summer 2019 window) to sign Willian and Luiz to 3 or 4 year extensions (whuch is what both are demanding).

That takes them to 34, 35 years of age, and would absolutely guarantee CHO walks (as Willian will thus be embedded for years on a huge, long contract at LW.)

If that is the outcome, then surely the writing is on the wall in terms of Roman not giving a fuck about the club anymore. We cannot roll on to summer 2021 with basically the same players as now, minus Eden and CHO. By fall 2020 we would be in shambles. Our back 4, other than Rudiger would be a hot mess, as Luiz (turns 34 in middle of 2020/21 and Azpi (31yo the full season) will be truly well spent, and Alonso will also be 30. Only small hope there is that Reece James comes good, and AC and Ampadu take it to starter level (even if only 50% of the time.)

If we do get tge summer 2019 window and dont go huge, we also will be fucked at CMF and backup DH DMF, as well as at CF (surely we will not buy a soon to be, at that point, 33yo Higs perm) and also at winger, as we will only have Pedro (33yo then) and Pulisic, plus dregs recalled, like Moses or Kenedy. Even if we renew Willian (32 then), the wingers are probably fucked if we do nothing this summer. CF will be a nightmare unless Tammy comes good in a huge way.

I see some on here saying even with a summer 2019 window, nothing much will happen. We had all best hope to fuck these status quo pushers are profoundly wrong, as the club will truly start to fall apart from so many angles if they are correct.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/03/2019 at 1:31 PM, pHaRaOn said:

This is misleading stat. Chance created = a pass that leads to a shot on goal. It doesn't take quality of those chances into account.

Let's look at big chances (a situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score) missed:

Man City - 58
Man United - 47
Liverpool - 44
Chelsea - 43
Arsenal - 42
Tottenham - 42

There's no big difference between us, United, Tottenham and Arsenal.

Fair enough misleading or not but if you look at the fact who those other teams have playing upfront/attacking positions as well as in MF and their goal /assists outputs its hugely better than ours. Obviously some teams have more depth than others but look.

Man City: 105 goals in 180 PL starts between these players. 

- Aguero 18 goals, 6 assists in 24 PL starts and 2 sub appearances.

- Sterling 15 goals, 9 assists in 24 PL starts and 3 sub appearances.

- Sane 8 goals, 9 assists in 18 PL starts and 7 sub appearances.

- Mahrez 6 goals, 3 assists in 12 PL starts and 12 sub appearances. 

- D. Silva 6 goals, 6 assists in 22 PL starts and 4 sub appearances.

- B. Silva 5 goals, 6 assists in 25 PL starts and 4 sub appearances.

- Jesus 6 goals, 2 assists in 7 PL starts and 16 sub appearances.  

Man United: 58 goals in 101 PL games between these players.

- Rashford 9 goals, 6 assists in 20 starts and 6 sub appearances.

- Lukaku 12 goals, 0 assists in 18 PL starts, 9 sub appearances.

- Martial 9 goals, 2 assists in 15 PL starts and 6 sub appearances. 

- Pogba 11 goals, 9 assists in 26 PL starts and 1 sub appearances.

Liverpool: 63 goals in 108 games between these players.

- Mane 16 goals, 1 assist in 27 PL starts and 1 sub appearance.

- Salah 16 goals, 7 assists in 29 PL starts and 1 sub appearance. 

- Firmino 11 goals, 4 assists in 26 PL starts and 3 sub appearances. 

- Shaqiri 6 goals, 2 assists in 11 PL starts and 10 sub appearances. 

Arsenal: 50 goals in 75 games between these players.

- Lacazette, 12 goals, 7 assists in 21 PL starts and 8 sub appearances. 

- Aubameyang 17 goals, 4 assists in 25 PL starts and 4 sub appearances.

- Mkhitaryan 6 goals, 4 assists in 13 PL starts and 4 sub appearances.

Tottenham: 57 goals in 119 games between these players.

- Kane, 17 goals, 4 assists in 25 PL starts and 1 sub appearance. 

- Son, 11 goals, 5 assists in 18 PL starts and 6 sub appearances.

- Eriksen, 5 goals, 9 assists in 22 PL starts and 5 sub appearances. 

- Alli, 5 goals, 2 assists in 15 PL starts and 3 sub appearances. 

- Lucas 6 goals, 0 assists in 18 PL starts and 6 sub appearances.

Then us: 59 goals in 142 games between these players.

- Hazard 13 goals, 11 assists in 25 PL starts and 3 sub appearances.

- Higuain 3 goals, 0 assists in 6 PL starts, 0 sub appearances.

- Giroud 1 goal, 4 assists in 6 PL starts, 14 sub appearances. 

- Pedro 8 goals, 1 assist in 17 PL starts and 7 sub appearances. 

- Willian 3 goals, 5 assists in 22 PL starts and 5 sub appearances. 

- Barkley 3 PL goals, 4 assists in 10 PL starts, 12 sub appearances.

- RLC 3 PL goals, 0 assists in 1 PL start and 14 sub appearances. 

 

The big difference for me is City, Liverpool. United, Spurs and Arsenal more than one guy who is on 10+ goals this season. We used to have that with Drogba, Anelka, Lampard, Malouda, Kalou etc all those years ago. If we had 3 players with 10 plus goals this season so far we'd probably be in the top 4 comfortably. Defence has also conceded some shocking goals this year fair enough but Napoli under Sarri scored a lot of goals. We don't have enough goalscorers in the squad. Pedro and Hazard are comfortably well ahead of everyone else in that regard. 

Unionjack and manpe like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

I hate him. There must be at least a dozen managers in Europe who would play more convincing football with the squad he has. Same problems were there last year when they barely won Spurs and got destroyed by Real in the first leg. Now they have Ronaldo so only god knows what they can achieve this time around but I'm still not convinced about their football in general

Juventus? 

They should have beaten real last year and they almost beat bayern a while ago while losing their first leg. This juventus team is really2 good. Allegri problem is sometimes he tend to be super conservative which weird looking at his squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 6:44 PM, Muzchap said:

Exactly people forget we had Morata emulating Torres and Giroud for the best part of the season. 

We have wasted tons of chances, whereas Wolves score with one chance. 

If we had decent fullbacks we would be even more of a threat. 

Dont get me wrong Sarri annoys me with his selections - but every manager will annoy people at some point.

I don't think he's the fraud people are making him out to be - if we had the right players and a decent striker - we could have genuinely been challenging for the league. 

I still think player power is a huge problem - they don't care about the manager as they know the next one will be along shortly. The club need to back him publicly and say it's a 3 year project. We aren't going to sign another manager with transfer bans. It's just too easy to heap all the blame on Sarri - it needs dividing up to the club, the players, us the fans and the manager IMHO

 

Sarri is not a fraud.  But scoring wise it is still the same problem. We struggle to score against physical team with compact defense. It is the same problem. We have 0 clue on how to break down teams that park the bus against us. We cannot do pool way with two marauding fb. Trent and Robertson are absolutely fanstastic. Robertson engine is fantastic and Trent crossing is just brilliant. City spread team wide and use their two am in half space. But they have silvas and kdb. 

Muzchap likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.