Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

A lot of work to do in very little time. Club need to get their fingers pulled right out their arses now and sort his squad out. Whoever is going get them gone and bring in what the man wants. Not long till start of season and this absolutely ridiculous Australia trip to come. Get it sorted lads 

"...his coaching methods significantly improved the players at his disposal."

Clearly a not so subtle dig at Conte, but this better not be the boards excuse for not dipping into the market. They can't do to Sarri what they did to Mourinho after he won the league by thinking the squad was good enough.

I've already mentioned it on a previous thread and perhaps it's false optimism but I get the feeling that the club will give more time, patience and resources to Sarri.

It's always been mentioned throughout the media that Roman was desperate for Guardiola and wanted to play an exciting brand of football. The way that Sarri plays is very unique and I think that is intriguing to Roman that if it works, could set Chelsea apart from everyone else. The time and patience they've showed to secure Sarri and Roman getting involved personally to sort out the appointment suggests a big support for him. The club could have easily taken the simple and cheaper route and appointed someone like Blanc who still is a big name with pedigree. 

The signing of Jorginho for me also suggests the club are prepared to significantly back Sarri by bringing in main components to help his style. I can't remember the last time Chelsea decided to go head to head with one of our main rivals and make an effort to outbid them.

18 minutes ago, FabHazard said:

So we must be patient...It is exciting time...

Exactly

In his first year,  Napoli collected 82 points

In his sec. year, Napoli collected 86 points

In his third year Napoli collected 91 points

I have little doubt about Sarri. If fans and the board support him and be patient, he will deliver great football.

10 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Exactly

In his first year,  Napoli collected 82 points

In his sec. year, Napoli collected 86 points

In his third year Napoli collected 91 points

I have little doubt about Sarri. If fans and the board support him and be patient, he will deliver great football.

In his first season too didn't he lose his 1st 5 games ?

Its 1 hellova change we have going on. We are Evolving!

50 minutes ago, Pizy said:

"...his coaching methods significantly improved the players at his disposal."

Clearly a not so subtle dig at Conte, but this better not be the boards excuse for not dipping into the market. They can't do to Sarri what they did to Mourinho after he won the league by thinking the squad was good enough.

How is that a dig at Conte? He essentially improved the players in 2016/17 and pretty sure at some point, we have all said that can only go so far before the lack of quality is exposed, which certainly was the case last season. 

The one thing I have read which is a little bit of a worry is that he doesn't rotate his squad very often. Whilst I'd much prefer a settled side to constant tinkering, I do think a manager needs to have faith in a core group of about 18 players and use that group at key times to keep things fresh. 

The Premier League isn't just insanely intense and competitive every game, but with Europa League, domestic cup competitions, festive period, etc it's key that he understands the need at times to keep the squad fresh, especially if the team is playing high intense football.

Hopefully he'll acknowledge the squad as a whole is stronger and deeper than he had at Napoli and can utilise it accordingly to his advantage.