Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

If we spend it will be because Eden and Tibo leave

If they stay I don't see Chelsea spending a lot relative to other clubs like Liverpool, United and City

That's the irony, both want the club to spend big to stay, but if both stay we will not spend big, anyway if both leave we will spend big :lol:

2 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

That's the irony, both want the club to spend big to stay, but if both stay we will not spend big, anyway if both leave we will spend big :lol:

we will still spend big even if both stays... Latest link to SMS...and maybe Leon Bailey plus Rugani.... 

It is a completely new era for our club with an innovative manager and for me the closest one to Pep Guardiola in world football. It's funny how four or five months ago I was watching Napoli almost every week-end and I was saying to myself "Wow if there is the slightest of chances of getting Sarri, Chelsea should jump right on it". And a few months later the club did make their move once this man was on the market. Kudos to the board for being brave here in appointing somebody that's playing a risky type of football that will surely entertain the fans, but will need some time until he gets his ideas straight make no mistake. The football he is going to implement it's not something you learn over a week and I wish people will be patient with him. 

On Hazard & Courtois - If their minds are not with Chelsea anymore I'd let them go and let Sarri pick their replacements. My perfect example is Sarri's Napoli and especially their front three of Insigne, Mertens and Callejon. For me Insigne is a good player but probably one of the most selfish ones I've seen since watching this game of football. Callejon is a bit useless if you ask me and Mertens a decent winger turned centre forward. None of these are star players, nor ones that you'd wish to sign them the first day as the transfer window opens, but still they looked like world beaters in Sarri's system. Think Sarri will do just fine replacing Hazard with somebody that would fit his tactics.

I'd let Willian go, too and bring in some fresh young blood, think we'd do with someone in the mould of Leroy Sane, some explosive wingers, maybe the likes of Leon Bailey and there's plenty others for sure that I can't think of at the moment but Bailey would be my absolute dream signing such a top talent the next Robben in the making.

The Sarri hermit has already entered into action, according to his best characteristics. The Chelsea sports center in Cobham has become his home, he knows it in detail, full immersion and no stop. He's already working with his staff, he's doing video indigestion, he's empowered his men, he wants to know everything about everyone. It will wait for the return of the national team from the World Championship for personalized talks from the next days. Sarri will want to understand in person, before a market that will have to be very fast considering that the Premier will start in less than a month and that in a few days Chelsea will fly to Australia for a very well-earned hit and run. A curiosity? Sarri appreciates much Morata that will not have the accomplishments of his pupil Higuain, but that has great consideration by the former coach of Naples. And so the full immersion will continue, at the average of four cigarettes every hour or on

14 minutes ago, iceboy said:

The Sarri hermit has already entered into action, according to his best characteristics. The Chelsea sports center in Cobham has become his home, he knows it in detail, full immersion and no stop. He's already working with his staff, he's doing video indigestion, he's empowered his men, he wants to know everything about everyone. It will wait for the return of the national team from the World Championship for personalized talks from the next days. Sarri will want to understand in person, before a market that will have to be very fast considering that the Premier will start in less than a month and that in a few days Chelsea will fly to Australia for a very well-earned hit and run. A curiosity? Sarri appreciates much Morata that will not have the accomplishments of his pupil Higuain, but that has great consideration by the former coach of Naples. And so the full immersion will continue, at the average of four cigarettes every hour or on

What does that last bit about Morata mean?!

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

The vibe im getting with Sarri is he REALLY wants this job and this is the pinnacle and reward of all the hard work he's put in during his life, all the pictures released he's grinning like a Cheshire cat.I also feel this could be a fruitful partnership as we have something the other wants, we want the football he offers and he wants trophy's, we have a winning mentality running through the club that gives him a high chance.

Agree mate. I'm excited to see what he can do with us.

Taking how much emphasis Mou and Conte crammed defend at all costs on them they tended to forget AT TIMES what it was like to go forward.

It shall be very interesting to see who he decides to play where as I dont think hes one for sticking with where players normally play. Just as Conte used Moses as WB.

I like the end couple of paragraph.

He is apparently different type of manager. Ive read that he sometimes only takes 10 minutes out himself. Then spends alot of time in the video room with the players going thru the drone vids.

Theres some Ive watched of the Napoli team and it really looks like formation ballroom dancing. The majority of the players move as a single unit. Keeping the triangles in place all the time. Till that right moment when they strike. The moves can use every member of the team.

Maurizio Sarri has big advantage in his favour after visiting Chelsea training

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2018/07/maurizio-sarri-big-advantage-favour-visiting-chelsea-training/

6 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Chelsea's transfer targets went from Ogbonna, Giacherrini, Biabiany and Llorente under Conman with CL football to Jorginho, Alisson, Rugani, Higuain under Sarri with Europa League. Name a bigger upgrade.

That just shows the difference when an attacking manager enters. They target technical players even in defensive positions.

I agree that Sarri in Chelsea feels right so far. I think this could work out really well. He is much older than Conte and that could be his massive advantage in communication with our board, with all the experience he must have gained.

I am so much calmer about our summer/upcoming season now that this is official AND the cherry on top is bringing in his maestro Jorginho. We had talent already on the roster to realistically fill every role except the Jorginho, but now we HAVE jorginho. Exciting times ahead, hopefully. Now let this madman go to work.

2 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

That just shows the difference when an attacking manager enters. They target technical players even in defensive positions.

It's also more effective to back an attacking coach because that extra quality can actually make a huge difference. In defensive teams this is not always the case. Just look at Mou's United, they could probably put Messi, Modric, Griezmann and Mbappe in that team and still play shit on a stick football