N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

Before going on about how he was bad against Arsenal people should know that he was fasting on the day, still put a decent effort given how hard it is to fast and play football under those conditions, I'm no professional but I would probably not even last 20 minutes in such context.

We all know he's better than that.

12 minutes ago, Adnane said:

Before going on about how he was bad against Arsenal people should know that he was fasting on the day, still put a decent effort given how hard it is to fast and play football under those conditions, I'm no professional but I would probably not even last 20 minutes in such context.

We all know he's better than that.

I don't buy that. I accept he may have religious commitments however he is representing Chelsea FC on the day and that is all that matters for me. Xhaka was probably in the same criteria regarding fasting and he was fantastic. He has been brilliant this season but in terms of games away from the Bridge against big teams, bar Liverpool, he has failed to impose himself against more technical players and he ends up chasing shadows. We need to improve in that area next season and gain more control next season otherwise there will be similar games to this.

So you don't buy that not eating nor drinking for 16 hours a day can't impact your performance on a hot sunny day in a Cup final against top opposition ?

There isn't much I can add to emphasize it really.

6 minutes ago, Adnane said:

So you don't buy that not eating nor drinking for 16 hours a day can't impact your performance on a hot sunny day in a Cup final against top opposition ?

It really does affect you badly. It is actually detrimental for you health to not drink regularly. The body can store energy for 16 hours. Actually intermittent fasting of solid food can be beneficial but depriving yourself of water, esp as an athlete is like bullet to the head. What relevance to your religion does fasting even have? Such a bullshit thing to do. Some bonkers pedophile medieval Hitler's crackpot idea and a billion people shall harm their health? Btw do Muslims in Norway die of thirst because the sun never sets there in summer?

Luckily the 9th month of that funny calendar always coincides with off-season. Otherwise I would be strongly against signing players who submit to brainless nutrition rules. We also do not sign alcoholics even though the effect of alcohol on your body is quite similar to fasting liquid.  

Whether players / people should or shouldn't fast is another debate, everyone is entitled to follow their own personal convictions. 

It doesn't always fall in the off-season, it's a rotating system as it is based on lunar calendar, moving back 12 days every year.

Basically, in 2021-2022 top muslim players will be fasting during February-March-April.

On 29/05/2017 at 1:29 PM, Adnane said:

Adnane,

Do I remember correctly that some fasting athletes have, in the past, been given special dispensation to consume water? It's a vague recollection, so I may be way off beam.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Adnane,

Do I remember correctly that some fasting athletes have, in the past, been given special dispensation to consume water? It's a vague recollection, so I may be way off beam.

No, not really. If you intend to fast then you must do so from dawn till dusk without consuming anything no matter what your profession is.

Yes, you actually can eat that day and fast it later since religion takes into account that some people can't fast in such conditions.

But in the end of the day it's a personal choice and more often than not muslim guys prefer to fast. 

3 hours ago, Adnane said:

Yes, you actually can eat that day and fast it later since religion takes into account that some people can't fast in such conditions.

But in the end of the day it's a personal choice and more often than not muslim guys prefer to fast. 

Ah, I see. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

The criticism his lad is recieving on here is baffling to say the least. Although he has looked a little lost in the pre-season games (along side Fabregas who looks like an extra from The Walking Dead at times). He was instrumental in our winning of the title last season. To call for his head and exclude him from the lineup for the coming season is ridiculous. Kante is all about business. Alongside Bakayoko, I believe we will all be creaming our knickers come December.