test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

7. N'Golo Kante

Started by Special Juan,

1,494 posts in this topic

Are people still annoyed hes not playing DM although hes never played as a DM? He maybe started slow but hes got used to that position now and I think hes shown he can cut it there. Hes never gonna score 10 goals a season but I think if he plays in his current role with RLC in the more advanced role and Jorginho, who has been good the last while too (whos unfortunately not getting a lot of praise), it could be a very good MF if Sarri goes with it from the start next season. Depends if he stays or is sacked though. 

29 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Poised to go to PSG according to the Daily Fail -......yet as soon as you look up the journo he's a bindipper so likely to be another crock of made up bollocks

Absolutely ZERO chance our Board will let him go if we are serving a transfer ban. 

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

Absolutely ZERO chance our Board will let him go if we are serving a transfer ban. 
I think there's 0 chance no matter what. We aren't losing our two best players in the same window.

14 minutes ago, DDA said:

Makes you wonder that IF PSG tossed £130m, £140m on the table, would Roman snatch it. We are going to lose a combined £160-170m or so on just 3 players (Eden, Cuntois and Willian (when he is sold next summer versus the £65m we could have had for him last summer) when their true market value at the time of offers is taken into account. Add in the £44m wasted on Higs (IF we renew his loan and wages for all of next year) and that,s well over £200m pissed away. At some point Abramovich, if he goes full liquidation mode prior to a possible sale, might just take the cash. He is crazy to do so, as he will haemorrhage so much in overall club value as we will not be a CL regularly-qualifying team if he does a fire sale.

Atomiswave and 11Drogba like this

Honestly is it a bad idea to sell him, if offered the right money? Lets be honest we are not competing for PL and CL in the next two years, we are quite bit off of City and Pool, and even more so with the loss of our best player Hazard. There is also the the transfer ban, which will limit us closing the gap. regardless if we freeze it now or serve it in 2020. One way or another this is problematic in the future, we will need significant investment to catch up with them.

Kante is at the prime of his career, and the style we are pursuing right now he is not much of a different maker. Personally would take the Hazard and Kante money and aggressively rebuild around young players. 

Vesper likes this

39 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Sell Kante, and buy Ndombele and Aouar. We better off?

In a 4 3 3 especially

yes

plus, Kante hits 30yo in the middle of the season after the upcoming one

Tanguy Ndombélé is 22

Houssem Aouar is 20 (21 at end of June)

I would pull the trigger on that

of course I will now be roasted alive by all on here, lolol

in an ideal world (one where the bans are defreed, which I doubt happens)

4 2 3 1 

CB Rudiger

CB Romagnoli (if Milan miss CL) or Umtiti (if Barca sells him)

LB Chilwell

RB Reece James (Azpi as backup and CB rotation)

with Ndombélé and Kante as the base MFers

Aouar in the middle of the next 3 as a 10

LW Pulisic

RW Pepe

CL (should have been bloody Piatek, who just scored his 30th goal as I type this, but oh well) or go BIG and snag Werner or my darkhorse, Iñaki Williams, who has started scoring like crazy since he was switched to CF full time

pipedreams all

we are going to roll with Alonso, AC, Happy, Kovacic, Barkely, Higs, Pedro, Willian, hell maybe even Bakayoko again etc etc

Clockwork and 11Drogba like this

Honestly is it a bad idea to sell him, if offered the right money? Lets be honest we are not competing for PL and CL in the next two years, we are quite bit off of City and Pool, and even more so with the loss of our best player Hazard. There is also the the transfer ban, which will limit us closing the gap. regardless if we freeze it now or serve it in 2020. One way or another this is problematic in the future, we will need significant investment to catch up with them.

Kante is at the prime of his career, and the style we are pursuing right now he is not much of a different maker. Personally would take the Hazard and Kante money and aggressively rebuild around young players. 
Get £225m~ and spend half of it in 12 months?

That doesn't sound like good business. I might have been a tad on board had we had a board that could somehow wrap up deals for the long term (like Keita).

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Could be pondered if our board actually were competent in the market. Sell our two best players and hope they make rational decisions with the earned money? Hell no

Atomiswave likes this

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

Get £225m~ and spend half of it in 12 months?

That doesn't sound like good business. I might have been a tad on board had we had a board that could somehow wrap up deals for the long term (like Keita).

IF PSG offer 225 million quid (they would not ever offer that much) and we do NOT take it, we are insane

that plus the Eden Money, plus sell Alonso  (AM want him bad, so does Barca) 'thats £350m or so to play with in summer 2020, and that is just the beginning of the money raised from sales

add in what we will get for Willian, Pedro, and other assorted dregs that is well over 400m

CL or no CL we can massively reload in 2020 with that type of cash, will easily be half a billion to play with

of course PSG are not mad as ass

so back to feverish dreams of Higs, Kovavcic, Happy etc etc etc

shoot me now:(

Atomiswave likes this

IF PSG offer 225 million quid (they would not ever offer that much) and we do NOT take it, we are insane
that plus the Eden Money, plus sell Alonso  (AM want him bad, so does Barca) 'thats £350m or so to play with in summer 2020, and that is just the beginning of the money raised from sales
add in what we will get for Willian, Pedro, and other assorted dregs that is well over 400m
CL or no CL we can massively reload in 2020 with that type of cash, will easily be half a billion to play with
shoot me now

I was talking about for both. No way they offer more than £125m for a DM.

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
5 minutes ago, Vesper said:
shoot me nowemoji20.png

ahh, silly me, lololol

LAM09 likes this

11 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
12 minutes ago, Vesper said:
shoot me nowemoji20.png

Overall, the only teams in world football who do not look in one form or chaos or another

are Shitty (and they may soon get smashed with assorted bans)

Victimpool

and Barca (who are massively re-loading as we speak)

Juve, Bayern, Real, Atleti, Manure, us, Arse, Spuds (CL win or not), Inter, AC Milan, Roma, Napoli ( if they lose KK, etc), PSG (especially if they lose Neymar or Mbappe and do not sort CF and FB's), Ajax (they are getting shredded as we speak, back down they fall) Lyon (same as Ajax potentially) Dortmund (if they lose Sancho and a couple other stars, but they are sitting pretty good if not), Leipzig (if they lose Werner) all have pretty big things to sort, and some of those are going to be (unfortunately us included more than likely) decimated

3 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Sell Kante, and buy Ndombele and Aouar. We better off?

We would be far better off. Especially if we stick with Sarri